shape
carat
color
clarity

polishing platinum

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
ir platinum jewelry at home? If so, what are you using?

Thank you,

Lori

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you mean cleaning or really polishing?? For cleaning I use SS.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
to polish the scratches
21.gif

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
You need a polishing motor with the right matching of buff and poloshing compound, or a hand held piece with a polishing drill attached. That would be the least inexpensive ideas

JC

Shiny_Rock
All that we have at our office is your typical polishing cloths with ultrasonic cleaning solution. It doesn''t take out any scratches though. It basically just makes the rings look a little cleaner or shiny looking. In order to get the scratches out you may just want to take your rings into a local jeweler that can buff them out using professional equipment. It is usually a good idea to have your rings professionally polished and refinished at least once to twice per year anyways.....

9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i just take mine in and have them clean and repolish them about 1ce or 2ce a year. lucky for me there isn''t much platinum because of the diamonds, so it doesn''t get too scratched up the way a solitaire would on my clumsy hand. but the prongs on the diamond head do take some wear.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get mine polished at Vincent''s every 2-3 months. I am taking my e-ring in on the Thursday before the wedding when I get my hair done, then not taking it out of the box till after the wedding

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your replies. I think I will go to Vincent''s to get them buffed. I may risk messing up a prong or something if I try to do it myself!

Thanks again,

Lori
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results