shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help re: setting a stone

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I have an emerald shaped London Blue Topaz. i took it to the jeweler to pick out a setting--I''m looking for a vintage-y type setting in silver {curses on my unemployment}. The had ONE book from which to choose and the choice was a plain basket in either yellow or white gold. NOTHING ELSE.

Nothing as beautiful as the settings I''ve seen on this site. How did you find these and how difficult is it to go thru the process? I''m really computer handicapped and would feel better dealing with this matter over the phone once I''ve made my choice.

Would any of you who are pleased with your pieces be willing to share the names/addy''s of the places you used? I could be persuaded to go with gold given the right setting....

Thanks.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
I would suggest looking through the Etsy thread here in the jewelry forum for some recommendations of custom work. Also, if I were you, I''d post this question in the colored stones forum as well. This jewelry forum doesn''t seem to get much traffic.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Etsy is one alternative (JKT, Heart of Water, OneGarnetGirl and others have been mentioned here in the past and some are favourites with posters). You can also look at LordOfGemRings and other ebay sellers for gold and pave setting. Go over to the Colored Stone forum and check all the lovelies there to get a lot more possibilities.

Butwhat kind of setting were you looking for? If you could give us more details, we can narrow down to a few vendors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results