shape
carat
color
clarity

Murano glass, sterling and gold charm bracelets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has anyone else seen these? Down at the beach, it seems every jewelry store stocks them. There is Troll, Pandora and one other brand. You get the bracelet and add the beads or charms. You can do sterling or 18 karat gold. I got one for my niece to commemorate her trip here. Troll has sterling beads and a few in gold that all have meaning and then there are there amazing Murano glass beads. I am so into these now since they are fun and easy to add on to. Not serious jewelry, but colorful and interesting!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Sounds interesting! Any pictures you can share? Maybe it''s a west coast thing, I haven''t seen anything like that, although charm bracelets are becoming the rage now here.

Wouldn''t you get nervous at the murano glass on a bracelet? Maybe it''s me, but I am such a beast that it would shatter somehow. That''s why as cool as glass rings are, I don''t ever buy them!

In Murano, I saw a woman buy a glass and gold bangle...I cringed at the thought. I just wondered for as much as she spent on that, how long it would last her...I just got necklaces and earrings, you know the non-contact jewlery...
31.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
negative on the west coast thing these have been in small town america for a while. very easy to get.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2007 4:15:34 PM
Author:diamondfan
Has anyone else seen these? Down at the beach, it seems every jewelry store stocks them. There is Troll, Pandora and one other brand. You get the bracelet and add the beads or charms. You can do sterling or 18 karat gold. I got one for my niece to commemorate her trip here. Troll has sterling beads and a few in gold that all have meaning and then there are there amazing Murano glass beads. I am so into these now since they are fun and easy to add on to. Not serious jewelry, but colorful and interesting!
I am currently building a Pandora. I haven't posted it, because it doesn't seem to be "PS type" of jewelry...read comment above
2.gif
[Just teasing you, Crown
1.gif
] I am enjoying it a lot! It is a fun thing to work on and, IMO, looks good on the wrist. I have a silver bracelet with gold bead clasp and am doing the charms in gold, silver and a few diamonds thrown into the mix. At least there are two of us PSers into Pandora/Troll
36.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Funny you mentioned these because I just recently discovered them and like them a lot. They seem to be a little hard to find in my area. I have seen them mostly at gift shops near the ocean. It looks like something that you could add a charm to every once in a while. I may get a starter bracelet to begin. I have no idea what the prices are, though.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I had never heard of them, but one jewelry store at the beach was selling them. At home, there is only one authorized dealer in my area. The charms range from $20 to almost $500. You can build a bracelet for very little to very much!! Base bracelets also vary in price, $27 for plain silver bracelet to over $800 for 14k gold. My base bracelet was $180 for a silver with gold bead clasp. So far, I've chosen charms--called beads--from about $40 to $152 each. My total, to date, is about $1100 and I've finished one section of the bracelet.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am on the East coast, and they are HUGE here at the beach. Almost every jewelry store sells some iteration. I did two bracelets, with sterling and a pretty floral clasp. I mixed in some gorgeous glass beads and silver pieces. One was about 650.00 and one was about 550.00, this was with the bracelet totally filled. Of course you can add things a bit at a time. I am looking at the 18K gold, but I would not fill it, since the bracelet is so pretty. Marion, if you buy a Troll bracelet, you can fit Troll and Pandora beads on them. I liked some of Pandora''s sterling and 18K beads, and Troll had a couple I loved and I loved the glass beads that had gold in them.

Nicrez, not too sure about durability, but I am not too concerned. All the stores told me that they have not had any breakage issues that they know of. You can also do a necklace. Troll and Pandora have websites and a lot of celebrities are wearing them since you have endless ways to make your bracelet. You could have so many different combos. I would love to do one with a combo of sterling and 18K beads on it, maybe some glass but fewer than my other two. There is just something about the Murano glass, the colors, the little details, that I am really liking. Again, not serious jewelry but just fun to collect and have the little charms that mean something.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, we carry Pandora at the new job I just started, it's done quite well for the last year and a half since they've had it from what I hear. I think they're pretty, but only when they're totally full, knim? I can't see myself just starting one and filling it up before they become passe or the trend dies down...but here in Chicagoland I've seen them (or imitations maybe) a lot! I do like that there is a huge selection of charms/spacers and especially the colorful Murano glass pieces, but for me to invest in one I'd have to give up some other jewelry wishes because I'd want to fill mine up fast!
9.gif
ETA: Troll is the brother of the Pandora designer, btw, didn't know if you knew that or not. I haven't seen any Troll pieces but a shop down the street sells that line and I hear it's a bit more "colorful" than Pandora, I have to go check it out soon.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
DF~knowing nothing about Pandora or Troll, we just happened into this little jewelry shop. We were on the Outer Banks and we needed to pay our annual visit to The Outer Barks--for our furry friends' vacation gifts. Outer Barks had moved to another location and the jewelry store was just "there." We bought the bracelet and two gold clips on our way out of town. I didn't think I would get into the bead part, until someone at work told me about a local vendor. Off I went...and now I'm a collector.
17.gif

BTW We did locate The Outer Barks and made off with catnip cigars and doggy delights
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet your pup was happy!

Monnie, I did hear that Pandora and Troll has a connection. I did fill two bracelets but just did the sterling and murano glass, but I love them. they are colorful and fun and will be reminders of the time spent here. on the gold chain, I might leave it, with some beads and gold pieces, but I would want to show the warmth of the gold. the lady I bought it from said it is waste to buy the gold and then cover it totally. so I saw a couple of pretty gold beads and spacers and may get one towards the holidays. I might also like to get one that has a combo of sterling and gold beads. I am just addicted to putting the bracelets together, picking all the stuff that goes on them!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, apparently they are really fun pieces and a joy to add on to whenever the feeling strikes. We just had a trunk show (I hadn''t started yet unfortunately!) and had tons of business just from Pandora. It is a really great line and soooo cute, like I mentioned in my previous post I would love to start one but sadly can''t invest at this time. Anyway, I understand what you are saying about covering up a gold bracelet, it does seem more practical to get a sterling one and cover it with gold charms. Have you seen the other jewelry in the line such as necklaces, rings, etc? There are some really nice pieces.

On a side note, have you heard of Sara Blaine? I never had until I started working where I''m at now...there are some fabulous everyday pieces by her (she and her husband, Mendel, created the line together...Solamonbrothers also carries it among other vendors). Anywho, fun things and nice for casual everyday jewelry, it''s similarly styled like David Yurman as far as stones/sterling and great workmanship.

I MUST get over to the other jewelry store and see these Troll pieces!!! One of my co-workers has made it very verbally apparent that she doesn''t care for them...which makes me all the more interested, lol! She says they''re "gaudy", I haven''t heard that word forever, so I really want to see if she''s "right" I guess.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I liked them. I got some really pretty beads and then did some very simple silver spacer beads. There were of course some beads I do not care for, but there are so many to chose from it was not an issue.

Thanks for the other name, I will check it out!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you get the "queen bee" charm? I thought that one had the most fun description and it''s fitting of you! (Pandora line) My co-worker can be a bit snarky, she used to work for Zales as a mgr. so go figure...lol!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did not get any Pandora, yet. I like the saturn and saturn flower. I got mostly Troll, and I stayed with symmetrical shapes and things that were easy, like the knot, the hydrangea clusters, etc. I did one bracelet with some rose pinks and blues and some pearls, with silver, and then I did one with teals and greens and silver. They are filled all the way and really fun to look at and play with. The glass beads are really cool to look at, they are so vivid and gorgeous. Troll bracelets can accomodate Pandora stuff on them, so I might be getting the yellow gold in Troll and putting a few beads. Again, I wsa drawn to this for some reason, it was not something I thought I would like but I enjoyed playing with the beads and picking them all out! A rainy day here sent me into the store and I had a ball...and decided to get them as souvenirs of our summer down here!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad you found something you love as far as Troll pieces...keep in mind that my co-worker used to mng. a Zales, so obviously she''s not the be all and end all of good taste in jewelry, lol! I''m sorry if my relating her comment offended you at all or made you uncomfortable, Caroline! I''m sure whatever you chose and put together is adorable, and what a great souvenir!

I have a YG charm bracelet my parents started for me (oh wow could it be )8 years ago when I graduated with my B.S., and now it seems to be out of style. No matter, I still have hubby, and my mom on the lookout for 3D charms for it...someday I think they will be back en vogue!

Hope you''re doing well, are your kid(s) back from camp yet? Hope you had a wonderful summer and got to relax a bit. How is Maya? I suppose I should transpose these questions to your personal thread....just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy interacting with you on PS and I always appreciate your thoughtful and heartfelt posts! Take care!
35.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my local Mom & Pop stores carries these. I look at them as a more modern charm bracelet. I already have a charm bracelet that I buy for and wear sometimes. So I haven''t drooled over the pandora or troll. But I''m sure they are fun to collect and they do look cute.

As far as the glass goes I think it would be OK. I bought a glass cuff bracelet in the Outer Banks area about 14 years ago. I don''t wear it very often but I''ve never had a problem with it. I just don''t view it as a daily wear piece.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Monnie, no offense taken at all! You know I adore you here. I am never offended if someone does not like something I do, to each his own. To be honest, I would never have thought I would like them, but in getting one for my niece I sort of got sucked in. It is just fun and colorful, and just a total departure from my normal jewelry purchases, and I have enjoyed picking the beads. It is just a silly thing but they seem so popular here, and til this week I had never heard of them!

My oldest two are okay, thanks for asking. My oldest is having issues with a girl who wants to be his girlfriend (she is only 13!!!) and I am not happy about it...she is a bit manipulative and he is not getting it! He came home from camp sick and is on predinosone and antibiotics and nebulizer treatments three to four times a day. My middle guy made it to the end of camp and then fell the last day and had stitches...kind of funny but not really! I am tired and gearing up for the first days of school, and hoping we have a nice last few days of summer! What about you? How is everything going?

Maya is fine, she is in the kennel this week as I have my 3 nieces, sister in law and mother in law down at the beach, plus some other cousins, and I think it is just as well for her to be at her favorite kennel, where they run around and play all day. Here I cannot really take her anywhere but on walks, and if it is really crappy out it is tough. But we miss her!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, the more I looked at them at work yesterday the more I am thinking about going ahead and starting one...
9.gif
I looked at the Troll website and those are cute too. But since we don''t carry Troll and I get a little associate discount at work I think I''ll stick with Pandora anyway.

I hope your sons feel better/heal soon! It''s always something, right. Too bad about the girl troubles, that can''t be too fun to deal with. I bet you''ll be glad when they get back to school and things get back to a regular routine again so you can get some rest! Things with me are fine...I''m completely recovered from the surgery I had, my teeth are lining up nicely, and I have a new job that I love, thanks for asking!
35.gif

Would love to see pics of your Pandora (and anyone else''s!) It''s really fun to see how people put theirs together or hear why they chose which pieces. I have a 14k yg charm bracelet my parents started for me when I graduated college, I''ll keep adding to it but don''t currently wear it much since I mostly wear white metals.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2007 9:42:49 PM
Author: monarch64
Would love to see pics of your Pandora (and anyone else''s!) It''s really fun to see how people put theirs together or hear why they chose which pieces. I have a 14k yg charm bracelet my parents started for me when I graduated college, I''ll keep adding to it but don''t currently wear it much since I mostly wear white metals.
I''ve decided that my left wrist/hand is for my white metals and my right wrist/hand can wear gold or mixed metals
9.gif
I wear a Cartier Trinity ring on my right hand, so adding the Pandora was easy! I also have an 18k yg bar and diamond tennis bracelet that I wear on that wrist. Jewelry weirdness
19.gif
I''ll take some pics of my Pandora for you tomorrow, if I can.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Marian, I''d love to see pics, and I think you''re onto something there with different wrists reserved for different metals, lol!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monnie, I just went with colors and beads that appealed to me. I did one in turqouise and pinks, and one in blues and greens. I mixed in silver beads and I think both of them are really pretty. I will try to post some photos of them soon. Pandora was pretty too, not sure if they had as many beads (glass) that I liked, but I did like a lot of their beads too. You can come up with some great looks and it is totally your own thing.

I am so glad your mouth is healing well and the job is great. Those are both important!!!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2007 3:48:39 AM
Author: monarch64
Did you get the ''queen bee'' charm? I thought that one had the most fun description and it''s fitting of you! (Pandora line) My co-worker can be a bit snarky, she used to work for Zales as a mgr. so go figure...lol!
monarch my DD is 16 on Saturday and we are "building" her a Pandora bracelet and this was the first charm i got for her. LOL. I have just bought myself the bracelet and was hoping to get some charms when I am in the States to commerate special moments. DF I too love the murano charms there fresh and modern and i want to do a mixture of silver/silver with gold and murano.
I got 10 charms all up for daughter some on ebay for a bagain.
I will check out the troll beads too

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kate, I am telling you, this has been like crack on this trip. I keep thinking of new combos and with my love of art and color it is so addicting. The store is getting all new beads for fall in any day and I cannot wait to see them. I am sure your daughter will love her bracelet, it is modern and a fun thing to add on to. I have charm bracelets from when I was a kid but this is just fun in terms of colors and stuff.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I'm not quite getting the detail I would like in these pics...I've completed one section of this bracelet. I'll try to get a hand shot, but no promises
17.gif

017 Pandora 2.jpg

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I love it! Looks great on you.
I caved in and bought a starter bracelet and a dog charm. Then I ordered two more silver charms off ebay. The obsession begins!
I must admit there are so many to choose from, it''s kind of exciting. I''d like to get a solid gold one next, or maybe silver and gold together. Plus I want a glass one, and a gemstone one, ...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Risingsun, your bracelet (so far!) is GORGEOUS! I love what you''ve chosen already, can''t wait until you add onto it and show us again. Thanks for sharing your wonderful pics, the bracelet looks fantastic with your Cartier rolling ring!
36.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results