shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost my diamond bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LuvThatBling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
DH & I went to dinner and then went clothes shopping. After I tried on clothes at the second store, I realized that my bracelet was missing. I retraced my steps through both stores, called the restaurant, scoured the parking lots, etc...no bracelet. I am more upset about the hassle of filing the claim than I am about the bracelet...but still, I loved it & it is going to be very hard to replace *sigh*. It was an anniversary gift from my husband last year.
7.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, what a shame!

The same thing happened to my daughter-in-law recently. She thinks it must have snagged on her coat sleeve while she was taking off her coat.

I think it really is a good idea to have safety chains put on bracelets for a little extra protection. I do that anyway...

Anyhoo...so sorry! Did you leave word at the store where you were trying on clothes? Maybe it will still turn up...hope so!

widget

LuvThatBling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks. It had a safety clasp but apparently it wasn''t enough. I will add a chain on my next bracelet because I never want to go through this evening again. Yes, we left word at both stores and the restaurant thoroughly checked the booth that we were in. Oh well, it''s a really small thing in the balance of life, so I''ll just deal with it.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Oh that stinks! Hopefully it will turn up somewhere, and if not, like you said, you have insurance.

Crossing my fingers for you
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear you lost your bracelet, luvthatbling. Not a good feeling, I know! Just remember, if you decide to upgrade the lost bracelet with the insurance money, plenty of PSr''s are here waiting to live vicariously through your decision-making process, hee hee!
2.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Good point Monarch... good time for an upgrade
2.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry you lost your bracelet, LTB. There''s nothing worse than that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. I hope that it is found quickly but if not then there are many people here that would love to help you find a replacement.
9.gif
Then of course we must have pictures!

widget

Ideal_Rock
I was JUST NOW thinking about this thread, and of how many stories I''ve heard of people losing their bracelets..

Does anyone have any opinions on what clasps are safest? (Maybe this should be in a thread of its own...)

I think that the safest thing to do is to have a safety chain added...I''ve done that...but sometimes it does seem a pity to have to do it, especially on designs with invisible clasps and continuous "eternity" looks...

What about safety clasps that snap UNDER the bracelet (next to the skin)? Do you think they are "accident proof"?

Curious to hear others'' thoughts..

widget

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I feel your pain.

I lost my tennis bracelet at the Daytona 500 about 8 years ago. (got a new one to replace it)

I even thought it might have been pulled off my wrist. It was a little over 10cts.

Anyway, I retraced my steps for days. I torn our hotel room upside down, even taking the mattress off!

It never turned up. I was in agony and of course could not enjoy the race.

We did have another one made a few mos. later, but the first one meant so much to me.

I did get some $$ from my insurance comp., but it was not fully insured. You can bet everything I have now is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results