shape
carat
color
clarity

How re-sizing is done? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

inuv143

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
Im new to the board and have a question for anyone who knows about ring re-sizing. To make a long story short: I bought a Tacori ring that needed to be sized down 2 3/4 sizes(6.5 to a 3 3/4). This was quite the jump, but Tacori said they could size it down to a 4.5 only and add sizing beads to make up for the difference. Well...i got the ring back from them after $300 (thought this was way to much, but wanted it done perfectly) and it is still too big!!! I took it to a jeweler on the way home after picking it up from the other jeweler. He said the ring comes out as a 3 3/4 on one of those graduated ring bars, but in comparison to the ring sizers (all those rings on a hoop) the ring really is more like a 4 1/4. How is this possible??? What do jewelers base their sizes off of when re-sizing the ring? The graduated ring bar or ring sizers? Is there a difference between the two)? I''m so confused, but it is definetly too big. I even have a different ring that is a size 4 and my new Tacori ring is slightly bigger, thus i believe the ring really is a 4 1/4. Either that or Tacori made a mistake!

Help!!!!

marrylee4u

Rough_Rock
You should take it to Tacori. They are the best person who can solve your problem as they are the manufacturer. Hope this helps.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
You can''t measure a ring with sizing beads on a ring mandrel (the big tapered bar thing). It will measure much smaller than it is. I''d contact Tacori and see what they say about the sizing. You can try a horseshoe sizer if the beads aren''t doing it- sometimes those can take a ring down a bit farther. Oh and yeah, the finger measurer thing with the rings and the ring mandrel should be the same sizes if they''re properly made. (Plastic ring mandrels can wear out and be innacurate, but I''ve never seen a jeweler use anything but the metal ones.)

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The ring sizers are used to measure fingers, not rings. How are you measuring a ring with sizing beads on one?

I second the idea that you should return to Tacori.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results