shape
carat
color
clarity

gold band

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
I hope this is the right place for this. I usually hang out in the colored stones forum, but this seemed a better place for my question.

I want to get a gold band for my one year wedding anniversary. I''m wanting a thumb ring, pretty thin (2.5-3mm range), with a European shank (isn''t that what the squared back is called??).

Any suggestions on where to find such a thing? TIA!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
try Stuller catalog.Most jewelry stores do business with them, and you can have a ring in store in just a few days if needed.Ive never thought about wearing a euro-back band on my thumb.wonder how it will feel when you grab something...if it will dig in to your finger or not.Ive always worn full /round bands on my thumbs.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...good question. I''ve never worn a euro backed ring at all, lol. I just thought it would look cool. Maybe I''d better go find some somewhere to try on (if I can - we have a limited amount of jewelry stores around here and in past experience they have a narrow selection).

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Or...should I buy a thumb ring another time just for fun, and have my anniversary present be a gold stacking ring that I can wear with my wedding set? I ran across some stacking threads today and REALLY like the look... And since it is for our anniversary...

I already have a few contenders. Anyone want to enable and throw some more contenders into the ring? My wedding set is platinum so I want either yellow gold or rose gold (or green gold or some other as yet unheard of gold color...lol). I''m ok with a pattern or plain band, but my budget max is probably $250 (preferably less). I love Etsy, so any suggestions from there are most welcome.

The contenders so far:
yellow gold
rose gold

I also love diamonds and untreated stones, so if you run across anything in the budget that incorporates that...lol. Tall order there, I''m sure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results