shape
carat
color
clarity

Fake stuff that looks like the real stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
I am looking for ideas of jewellery brands that could pass as white gold/platinum/diamond jewellery but really aren't. I would like some well made fashion/costume earrings to wear with my wedding dress. There are some nice sparklies at the mall kiosks near me (no name stuff) but they're mostly pretty from a distance. Up close you can easily tell that its not the real thing. And the larger "stones" are cut funny so they don't sparkle like the "real thing".

My hair/makeup guy sells and recommends LaFonn jewellery. He said its silver coated in platinum. Apparantly the cubic zirconia stones are cut just like diamonds and they are actually set instead of placed into prongs. I saw them in person and they do look like a good knock off.

Thing is, I haven't been able to find much out about LaFonn and I can't find anyone else near me that sells it (I don't necessarily want to get it thru my hair/makeup guy). And it would be nice to find something a wee bit cheaper.

Here's an example of what a piar I'm interested in look like:

001-645-00298.jpg

What other brands can I consider?

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
Well I think those earrings were around the $250 mark. I know, I know...not even that expensive. But the thing is, I never wear earrings in my everyday life so I don't know how much use I'd get out of them after the wedding.

I was looking to spend maybe $125 or less. BUT if the quality difference is considerably better with the LaFonn, I would consider them. Though considering I only spent $250 on my dress (wearing a cocktail dress, not a wedding dress) I really don't feel the need to spend just as much on my earrings.

I would consider buying second hand though wouldn't know where to look. I'm in Toronto. I could lloow at pawn shops but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what I'm buying.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Apologies, but we do not allow discussion of simulants on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results