shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this Cartier Trinity ring look authentic?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock

I''m trying to find a used one online and I know ebay can be tricky (i''ve been a buyer/seller on there for 10 years). The seller has all positive feedback with many responses indicating the items they are selling are ''authentic''. I''d go to signed pieces but I don''t see that they have any available right now.

Here are some photos... what do you think? Also not to totally re-hash but for those of you that own one, is it true to ring size for you or did you order a size up/down? And lastly, can those scratches be buffed out?

Thanks for your help!

CIMG2693.gif

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Hi violet,
I have one that I bought on signed pieces and the markings on the inside of that band look similar to mine. There was another thread in which I actually typed out the inside markings if you want to look for it. Mine is a 5.5 and its loose on my fingers. I hope that helps.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 8:02:42 PM
Author: RLG
Hi violet,
I have one that I bought on signed pieces and the markings on the inside of that band look similar to mine. There was another thread in which I actually typed out the inside markings if you want to look for it. Mine is a 5.5 and its loose on my fingers. I hope that helps.
Hi thanks for the reply!

What size are your fingers normally? 5.5?

RLG

Shiny_Rock
guess I should have added that
9.gif
The finger I wear it on is 5.25 but my middle finger is 5.5 and its still a smidge loose on it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would buy it conditionally and if you are near Cartier take it in to be authenticated. You can say it was a gift from someone who could not wear it anymore and they gave it to you, you want to know the value or whatever. Make sure the seller knows you will return it if Cartier says it is not real. They run about 1000.00 new. My non diamond rolling ring has the name Cartier on the rose gold band I think...

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 9:45:14 PM
Author: diamondfan
I would buy it conditionally and if you are near Cartier take it in to be authenticated. You can say it was a gift from someone who could not wear it anymore and they gave it to you, you want to know the value or whatever. Make sure the seller knows you will return it if Cartier says it is not real. They run about 1000.00 new. My non diamond rolling ring has the name Cartier on the rose gold band I think...
Ebay is such a tough one. It says no returns which makes me not excited about buying it considering fit etc. I was going to go by Cartier and try them on there for fit. Sometimes I wonder if I should just wait and buy one new from Cartier. It''s about 300 bucks more than buying it on ebay. Or maybe signed pieces will get more in... sigh.

The ring in the photos looks scratched, can that even be polished up?

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have one! Mine''s about a half size bigger than my regular ring size, and it fits me confortably.

When it gets scratched up, I just get it buffed and polished and its good as new.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
The pics look great, but it being Ebay...what you get might not even be what is pictured. Just saying that since there is not a great return policy. That is what you pay for with Signed Pieces or somewhere like Ruby Lane. You might luck out, but you might be stuck with something less. Also, when I had a Cartier Trinity ring, it was sized in euro sizes, which only sorta translated to my size. I had to send it back to SP because it was bigger than the charts indicated it would be. Not sure what that is worth, but I would wait for a ring with a better return policy. Good Luck!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have a serial number on the ring. Could you take that into Cartier and ask them to look it up in their system?

violet02

Ideal_Rock
True I could maybe have them check the serial number. I think my best bet is to a) avoid ebay and b) go try some on at the cartier store.

My jewler also said he may be able to find me some used ones... or I could buy new but I know they are pricey. I''m interested in the all white gold ones as well but the tri-color seem so much more unique (even though everyone has one! heh).

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I just went to Cartier... I normally wear a 7 and a 7 in the rolling ring is too tight. The 7 1/2 was perfect though.
1.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
My DH purchased my Cartier rolling ring from a very reliable online source... www.estatejewels.com They're about 2/3 the price of a new Cartier one and mine was verified as authentic at a Cartier boutique. My DH was so happy with their communication and fast shipping! They have a few of them so maybe you can find your size.

ETA: Call to see if they have your size because they don't update their online inventory too often. Also, some minor scratches can be buffed out and they can be sized a bit if you find one close to your size. I think I went up 1/4 to 1/2 size more than my normal ring size.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tip! I just emailed them to see what they have in stock!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results