shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond color and width for stacking band?

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I posted this in rocky talky (twice, OOPS!) but realized this was probably a better spot to get feedback!

When I got married, we used a family heirloom .95 OEC, J, VVS2 to build my Ering (2mm platinum shaft) and sourced 2 20pt I color VVS2 baguettes which we cut into bullets for the side stones. my wedding band is also a family ring and is a 2mm channel set platinum eternity band with G color e-w set baguettes.

I'm interested in getting an anniversary band to stack and am pretty close to deciding on a bezel set baguette and RB alternating band in platinum. I have 3 questions:

1. Do I match diamond color to my wedding band or my Ering? I can see the color difference if I look for it but do not notice it day to day at all, and it doesn't bother me. I plan to wear the new band next to my wband, so new band lowest down, then wband, then Ering.

2. What width band would you choose? 2mm to match other bands or something slightly more delicate?

3. Does anyone know of a source that has a ring like this without milgrain? All of the options I've found have it, and I'd love to see one without to see if I like it more that way.

Photos are of my current set and the style ring I'm looking at.

Thanks!!

_28342.jpg

_28343.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just noticed this thread. I am wondering where all the threads on stacking bands are. I used to keep track of them. You seem to be having a hard time getting responses to your inquiries! I will look!

AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1428415682|3857926 said:
I just noticed this thread. I am wondering where all the threads on stacking bands are. I used to keep track of them. You seem to be having a hard time getting responses to your inquiries! I will look!

This thread has a link to Pearlman's that may be helpful...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/does-anyone-make-stackable-jeweled-mini-rings-anymore.171613/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/does-anyone-make-stackable-jeweled-mini-rings-anymore.171613/[/URL]

Unfortunately some of the links that once worked are no longer working.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely set! Have you found your stacking band yet?

I was thinking that maybe choosing diamonds midway between the colour of the wedding ring and engagement ring might smooth the transition of colour, without making the colour difference more noticeable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results