shape
carat
color
clarity

custom wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mattyc44

Rough_Rock
My fiancee and I would like to get platinum wedding bands based on the Irish claddagh, possibly to include some diamond points in the crown (at least on the male ring).

I cannot seem to find any in my online searches. Will we have to get it custom made? Will it be prohibitively expensive? Any suggestions appreciated.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i found tons of stuff, including this: http://www.seawear.com/irish-jewelry/rings/platinum-engagement-claddagh.html and http://www.seawear.com/irish-jewelry/claddaghrings.html

searched for 'platinum claddagh' in yahoo and found these among other websites.

hope this helps.

peace, movie zombie

ETA: you might still have to have something custom made but these should give you a good idea of what you're looking at pricewise and re design. i am particularly fond of the yellow gold ring with the salmon of knowledge and celtic knotwork. and i had no idea one could get a claddagh to wear with an existing solitaire! thanks for the opportunity to search, matty!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, hi, MZ! I missed you. You''ve been gone...what? 24 hours?

Second, I have a friend who gave her fiancé a Claddagh ring with a large diamond set in it! She makes jokes about it based on her ethnicity or her (now) husband''s. I honestly don''t remember whose ethnicity it is that she uses to joke. He''s Italian and she''s part Polish. The only thing I am fairly sure of is that it is not the French Canadian part of her ancestry that is in the joke. Now why is that? Who said French Canadians cannot be amusing?

I wish I had a photo to post! (But I don''t.)

Deb

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey, there deb! back out to the deck in a few minutes to put a 2nd coat of stain on the deck in front of the front door but i enjoyed looking for claddagh rings for matty who might not have to go custom....but might want to anyway.

in this part of california, there are many wanna be celts....and the claddagh is pretty popular as a weddiing ring. also, the celtic knot bands.

ok, enough jewelry fun, i''m out to do the next part of my DIY project....btw, i am very impressed with the bathroom work ame is doing and chronicling in another thread! wow! what a project.

good luck matty! i hope you keep us updated re what you decide to do and post pictures.

peace, movie zombie

mattyc44

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the links. They were extremely helpful for planning. Probably won''t make a move on it just yet but will post once we purchase in a month or two.

Regards,

Mattyc44

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results