shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion pendant- back to the drawing board

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
My 1.6 cushion pendant is finally complete... set in a very simple thin bezel... and it is UGLY. The bezel setting makes the stone look much more square rather than cushion like... and the bezel seems to accentuate the table in a uncomplimentary way. Even leon agrees the bezel does NOTHING for the stone and he is willing to start over with design that will look better.

So... instead of bezel we are going with double prongs to soften the corners and make the stone look more cushion-like.

Now for other design questions. Leon wants to put a very small pave halo around it and hang it from a small stone. he wants to try to find a very small square cushion and invert it at top, then hang my pave cushion below, but not east/west. Or hang from just a small RB, like a 10 pointer or whatever looks well proportioned.

Everyone gave me so many great ideas... I thought I should link the old thread and get some ideas to do it RIGHT this time.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-pendant-ideas.71428/

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Sort of like these earrings...but thinking just ONE small stone above my cushion.

e753_006Ww.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry it didn''t come out like you envisioned but I have to say the new version would be spectacular!! Of course I have to add the disclaimer that I am a halo "ho", LOL.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Oh nooooooooo. I''m so sorry it didn''t turn out as planned! I recently acquired an antique cushion and was planning on setting it in a milgrain bezel to protect the girdle and give the stone a little oomph. Based on your experience, I might have to rethink that!

Love the Leon halo earrings. Would be divine as a pendant!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I think the cushion would have looked better if added milgrain and maybe some engraving... but ultimately a cushion type stone, especially one that has a vintage type flair with chunky facets, just doesn''t look right in any type of contemporary bezel set solitaire pendant like Tiffany DBTY or whatever. Bummer.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I love those earrings and Leon''s suggestion. I think the halo looks beautiful with the cushion and will soften the corners, which what makes a cushion unique. He''s very good with proportions and would pick out a good size for the smaller stone. I think it would turn out to be a gorgeous peice.

The thing about any sort of design is that what you imagine in your head doesn''t always work out.

It''s great that he''s willing to start over since you both agree the bezel isn''t perfect.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I am thinking it could look sort of like this in terms of proportions if you imagine just the square stone on diagonal and haloed cushion underneath... but all prong set- no bezels- and without bale above.

15B38.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ditto on the halo. Sorry version #1 didn''t work out....

cheers--Sharon

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, too bad the bezel didn't work out. I kind of figured any stone would look good in a bezel but I guess this changes my thinking.
I"m sure the halo idea will come out great!
btw, your stone is droolworthy!!!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
A bizarre twist of fate... but on a thicker longer chain and the pendant looks WAY better. Now the proportions are right and bezel does not look so pronounced. Love it and never taking it off! pictures to follow.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! is there any chance we could see pics of the bezel set? i know most on the board really love the halo. i think they are nice looking but i prefer the solitaire look unless the piece is for dressy or more formal situations. don't take my opinion as a dis it isn't meant to be as i think you will have a lovely piece. i look forward to seeing your lovely new pendant.

eta: i should have read all of the posts. waiting for the pics.

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
The halo idea sounds lovely - sorry the bezel didn''t work out for you. I hope I manage to keep up and see the pics when it is finally completed because I am sure it''s going to be a stunner!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results