shape
carat
color
clarity

Building/Designing own ring questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biokatie

Rough_Rock
Hello! I am new here and am just starting to look around at the great resources this site and forum have.

I keep changing my mind about what kind of engagement ring that I want. First I thought solataire marquise (didn''t look right)...princess cut looked great. I always thought solataire, and I still think I want a solataire unless this idea is not too crazy, or crazy expensive. I forgot that when my grandmother died when I was in like 6th grade she left me some diamond earrings. They are basically pretty small baguettes in an old-fashioned "clip" setting. Needless to say that as a 6th grader, it wasn''t at all impressive to me and I stored them away in my mother''s jewelry box. Well, my bf (soon to be ff ...I hope) keeps saying, do you really want a solataire and I do...but I just pulled these earrings out and these baguettes would be perfect accent stones for my e-ring. Is it really expensive to have a jeweler do this? Also, I think his idea was that you can get more tcw for your money so I don''t want to do this custom thing if it breaks the bank. I think he wants to finance some of the ring too, so I am not sure how easy it is to finance with independent jewelers? Any ideas?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the devil is in the details! while making the decision to go with a color stone instead of a diamond was easy, it was how to set it that took me from april to december, 2005. take your time, shop around, have a look at as many rings as you can. it doesn''t cost to try rings on to get a better idea of what you really like.....i found that almost every ring i tried on looked great on my finger/hand, but over time i realized none of them were what i wanted. check with jewelers that have a good reputation for custom work and ask their advice. you have options so explore them.

movie zombie

pave

Rough_Rock
Biokatie,
Definitely check everything out before you decide to go custom so that you know exactly what you want. Then please make sure you find an excellent jeweler that will take you through the process step by step, (designs, molds etc.) who has an excellent reputation and return policy and is willing to work with you to make sure the ring is perfect and you get everything you want. I made the mistake of not doing the above and regret it terribly.
Good Luck!
-Pave

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results