shape
carat
color
clarity

Building a Diamond Stud Set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nobodeuno

Rough_Rock
I''m a long time reader and first time poster here...I used your site quite a bit over the past few years and now I''m Planning on getting my wife a set of Diamond Stud earrings for christmas this year. I''ve been shopping at WhiteFlash and have found the following two diamonds. I usually opt for a smaller size and quality like I did with her engagment ring however I find myself in a different situation with a set of earrings since this isn''t nearly as important. I''m trying to balance 3c''s with price and size and having some trouble. She likes the look of a more colorless stone but I''m having a hard time debating between taking the size down a notch to upgrade the color or vica versa. I''m convinced that SI1 will be fine for a earring (correct me if I''m wrong here) however I''m not sure how much difference there will be between .35ct & .4ct? With these stones below I''m spending a bit more than I''d like (Target price is <$1500 to w/ setting but I think it may be nice to have a .4ct. Also how much does the H&A matter? I''m not opposed to choosing a non H&A stone its just all I was finding on the site in an ideal cut including all the sarin reports and ideal scope images.

Thoughts or suggestions would be great.

FWIW I love this site...I used it to find my wife''s engagment diamond about 2.5 years ago and its amazine that even today she still gets compliments on the ring and how bright it is. Alot of great info here and the Cut Advisor is an awesome tool!

Item Code: AGS-6639502
Price: $714.00
Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 0.402
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 60.9
Table: 54.8
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.8
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 4.79-4.80X2.92
HCA: 1.3

tem Code: AGS-6639405
Price: $714.00
Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 0.400
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 60.7
Table: 54.3
Crown Angle: 34.7
Crown %: 15.8
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion %: 42.7
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 4.78-4.80X2.91
HCA: 1

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are both great diamonds you chose...

I have a pair of .38c earrings and I love them, they are great for everyday wear.

Mine are ACA''s as well, I SI1''s and I think they are a great blend of the C''s for the ears....these throw off so many sparkles compared to an old set I had that I don''t think anyone sees a thing but how great they look personally.

I don''t think you need H&A''s for the ears but sometimes inventory can dictate what you may find out there. I think if you go .35 or .40...you can''t go wrong, just stick with a well-cut sparkly stone. Good luck!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2005 1:09:16 AM
Author:nobodeuno

I'm not opposed to choosing a non H&A stone its just all I was finding on the site in an ideal cut including all the sarin reports and ideal scope images.
Yeah.. there aren't too many listings, except for a pair of H-Si1 $50 more (total) for what that matters, and four matched 0.38-ish J-Si1 ACA for almost $600 each. I have my doubts that from H to J there is any difference to speak of given the size.

These are the Js: First and Second. ~ 4.7mm, $1200 loose

And the Hs: First and Second. ~ 4.8mm, $1600 loose

I would not call the difference of size or color significant between these pairs... and yours falls just between.

It sounds like the difference of price between your pics and the original budget will just do away with the ideal cut and possibly certification without a whole lot of gain. And the J/SI1 pair is there anyway.

Maybe it doesn't count that much to have earrings perfectly matched etc. but it surely feels good.

Just my 0.2, of course.
2.gif

Btw. you may wnat to search 'martini settings' on ths forum. There's a huge following of THESE.

nobodeuno

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info everyone!

valeria101...I didn''t see those stones...I like the .38 set that you pointed out. I also like the martini settings...they really seem to show the diamonds off well.

Thanks again

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Are White Flash''s pre-set expert selected earrings ideal cut (not H&A though)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results