shape
carat
color
clarity

Online diamond seller in India

Fly

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am new to this forum and have been lurking up until now.

My boyfriend will be getting me an engagement ring soon in India and even though I know a bit about the jewelry market there I have never bought a substantial diamond. I have been very curious to what the prices are and in my research I came across this online seller based in India. The site looks quite professional.

http://suratdiamond.com/

My question is if anyone knows if the prices on this page actually reflect the retail prices on diamonds in India or are they lower or higher?
I am not actually considering buying through this seller but its the only venue online that gives me prices for a large number of stones. I want to know what we can afford within our budget :naughty:

Thank you!

siddhit

Rough_Rock
Trade
Dear Fly,

The company does look genuine. I haven't personally dealt with them but being an Indian diamond manufacturer, I can tell. However, caratlane.com is also another big player in the online space and I know their people too, I can guarantee that one is genuine.

As regards the price, an online retailer will generally be cheaper than one in the US, but this is still a lot more expensive than if you'd buy a diamond loose in India and get it made by a jeweler here. The biggest component is the stone so that's where you can save most money. So if you have friends here or you're coming to India anyway for something else, might as well do this and save money.

Cheers,
Sid

Fly

Rough_Rock
Thank you sid for your answer!

We aren't planning on getting it through an online vendor I was just curious about the price range and what carat weight I could get within our budget, we are definitely getting it at a local jeweler.

I have also looked at caratlane, I found the site after I posted here and I saw that they have a shop in Delhi so I'll definitely check it out next time I go :)

Once again thank you for taking the time to reply!

kumarmohit1912

Rough_Rock
Dear Fly,siddhit
I have Seen a site www.cent2carat.com and have purchased a solitaire diamond from them , i have compared all online stores who are dealing in Diamond , prices at cent2carat.com where lowest and i got deliver in 3 days. Since i have purchased i can Guarantee that it is genuine and that company say they have the largest collection of solitaire diamond around 170000 Solitaires .

Cheers,
Mohit

Fly

Rough_Rock
Thank you Mohit for your suggestion but we aren't going to buy our diamond online just using these sites to get a feel for the diamond prices in India :)

Suranas_Jewelove

Rough_Rock
Trade
@kumarmohit I believe you are misinformed, because the online retailers normally do not carry any stones in stock, they just procure them for you when you place an order. That explains their huge inventories.
@Questioner The price would really depend on what size & quality are you guys looking at. As a jeweler, I would suggest that if you can afford it, buy a fine quality diamond, a G VVS or at least a G VS1 or above. Moreover, if the diamond you are buying is anywhere over 70 points, make sure it is graded by GIA.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results