clarity

help needed to buy solitaires

bubbly

Rough_Rock
Hi All
New to this forum.
Pl tell
I am getting

2 diamonds of 1.02 carat each-one is vs1 I color and other VS2 H color-almost similarly priced-both igi certified-which one shd i go in for
thanks in advance

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
bubbly said:
Hi All
New to this forum.
Pl tell
I am getting 

2 diamonds of 1.02 carat each-one is vs1 I color and other VS2 H color-almost similarly priced-both igi certified-which one shd i go in for
thanks in advance

HVS2 is about 5% more on the Rapaport Price listing.
But really the one that sparkles the most should be your main criteria

annceline

Rough_Rock
Hello Mr. Holloway,

My name is Ann. I just recently found your travel journal from Mumbai.(Which was very imformative ;)) I am currently planning a trip there from NY in the next 2 weeks. I have been calling several bourses in Mumbai with no recourse on how to actually find rough diamonds.(I was told buy a gentleman from Ankrit Diamonds, that India does not retail rough diamonds. That I should contact Belgium) I know that you are a business owner with several tasks to complete a day, but if you dont mind can you please lead me in the right direction? I am looking to purchase a (rough)diamond around the 8-10 carat size area or even a miners parcel if possible for resale in the states. My budget is around ($10,000 US Dollars) Thank you so much. :D

ValentinesJewelryDesign

Rough_Rock
Trade
The 8-10 carat piece of rough.....what size/quality/shape finished stone do you want it to yield? If you're expecting a single 6ct AGS O G SI1 RBC then $10k isn't going to cut it....no pun intended. If you're expecting a few smaller stones then you may get what you're after. I guess what I'm trying to ask is....what kind of stone/s do you want to end up with? That is what determines the value of the rough.

Matt

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results