shape
carat
color
clarity

H&A in India

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mandyd

Shiny_Rock
I know that we can now get H&A in India. Does anyone know where? Would the prices be the same as in the US?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/29/2009 3:51:37 AM
Author:btiger
I know that we can now get H&A in India. Does anyone know where? Would the prices be the same as in the US?
The critical issue is where are you?
There are problems for the vendor if you are outside India - because if you reject a stone it is impossible to get the stone back to the vendor.
If you are inside then buying from USA is impossible for the same reason.

Answer that first then I will see if I can help you further
1.gif

mandyd

Shiny_Rock
Gary, I am in CA but I go to India at least once a year. I was looking to get a pair of 3ct studs and just wondered if H&A would be the same price there. I saw that they have started selling them in Delhi and Bangalore but I did not do a price comparison.

If you recall, I am the one who had that bracelet made with pink and yellow diamonds there and you wanted to see how it turned out but when I emailed you it bounced back. The pic is up on the forum: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/back-from-india.84821/

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/24/2009 8:40:27 PM
Author: btiger
Gary, I am in CA but I go to India at least once a year. I was looking to get a pair of 3ct studs and just wondered if H&A would be the same price there. I saw that they have started selling them in Delhi and Bangalore but I did not do a price comparison.

If you recall, I am the one who had that bracelet made with pink and yellow diamonds there and you wanted to see how it turned out but when I emailed you it bounced back. The pic is up on the forum: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/back-from-india.84821/
Sorry it took me a while to see this btiger.

You could because a lot of H&A''s are coming from India these days - but the margin from online dealers here is pretty low, and the risk in India is pretty high.
I think the retailers margins there would not be any lower. Also there are no taxes into USA and if you buy online out of state, you avoid any hassels you might face at customs if you bought overseas.

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
Yah...I think you are right.Dont buy from any unknown buyer as a personal piece just because you are getting it for cheap.I am from India.I am not seller.But,I travelled many countries,and found that,basically the price become same if you buy from the producing country calculatting the Freight,customs etc.It is true that some of the best quality gemstones are exported from India,but,mind that,it is the dealing in large scale,both companies will not compromise in their quality or price just for running the business with good reputation.
If you are an Importer,ask for samples-check quality as usually.If you are buying from through any friend previously known,without any materialistic interest,from India,that is the best choice-but,I know,its difficult to find one!
Say,I am a professional person from different field,let it imagine, I am your friend,if you ask me to send for one time,I may do it for you,may be with some botherness in mind thinking about the quality you will get.But,if you ask me for the second time,I will definitely escape!What I want to say is,if you can find a socially established person,you will be safe.But,it is almost impossible or hypothetical idea,no one will ruin his work for the sake of friendship for long time or repeatedly-it is bitter to hear,but is the true.
So,if you can find some friend,real world friend,just visiting India,or working here-try it,say he is a Doctor attending seminar here or some geologist.
Scammers just take the advantage of this situation.They are more often jobless,lowly educated,lazy,cheat person-every country has less or more these type of people.One day,I say a American couple travellers are surrounded by some cheats in front of Oberoi Grand,Kolkata,I was attending a seminer there.I dont want to disclose my profession,but,anyhow I knew the faces of those cheaters,it was not possible for them to recall me.I was in my car,just asked my Driver to stop,down the window,called the couple "Hey man!will you join me?".I think the couple was convinced by my appearance and also I have a emblem over my windscreen.They asked me"are you calling us?"
"yes man,please come,I am your new friend,am going to the seminar,you can join me-I will explain you later,beleive me.";It was their luck,that I had good mood that day,and they beleived me.They entered my car and I said my name to them,and said them not to deal with those cheats,also dropped them infront of a Goverment of India Handicraft showroom.
Actually,general people avoids this condition for the fear of these people,so,you people get trapped.They are not less dangerous than the criminals begging for dollar at night at American City!Do not under estimate their cunning nature-this is the point where any traveller get trapped.The Jap are very intelligent-they practically never caught in those scams.
I think better communication can relief this breathless conditon.
I am an Indian,is am a cheat or scammer?More than 80% people are like me!But beware of the rest 20% !
I will just say to you,if you come to India,Buy from Govt.Showrooms,travel by Govt. transport,stay at Govt. approved Hotel.Visit the site Incredible India before you come.And lastly,nothing in this world can be of incredibly low priced-mind that.Happy shopping in India
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results