shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 6th October till 12th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

I was sort of congratulating myself for 2 and a half years of working out, plus quitting smoking over 2 years ago. I wouldn't have thought it possible 3 years or so ago....But here I am, and I was thinking about the things which kept me going, the things which made getting on the treadmill reasonably enjoyable. I love music, but I find I do best with watching TV while I workout, so one of the things which really helped me was the chance to enjoy some old shows while I walked on my treddy. I rarely watch TV in the house as I am an avid reader, the computer for me is my book where I can get pretty much any info I want, so the TV doesn't really get used much in the house, as Hubby is the same.

I think my DVD's have been a key component in keeping exercise enjoyable. I can watch old series such as Dynasty...Dah dah dah....dah DAH dah dah.....Brady Bunch - ' oh Mike.....!' ( for Rod's benefit
41.gif
) Little House on the Prairie and others! The time goes much faster in having some vintage TV to watch! So have a think about maybe mixing things up if you are low on the music that you like, and try a TV show instead - often an episode of these types of shows run for about 45 - 50 mins anyway, so perfect for a cardio session!

Apart from that, if the visible physical benefits aren't showing as much as I would wish, I concentrate on the benefits I can't see. There is osteoporosis in my family so I am helping to keep my bones strong, improve blood pressure and cholesterol, joint strength and flexibilty, not to mention the cardio vascular benefits you can get from a regular cardio routine.

So there are many reasons to keep working out and remember that so much of it is mental - in as much as making the decision to get out there and do it - sometimes a bit of new entertainment can really make a difference!

Have a great week
35.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei! Congrats on all your hard work!!

I love catching up on shows while working out, if possible. I''m not usually in front of the TV at the gym because I''m either swimming or working with my trainer, but I watch TV while using my exercise mat at home. The other thing I do is get up and move -- do anything, while commericals are on. I get some housework done or a few other things done in that time.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Marcy, I laughed when I read your comments about how I went out to dinner to celebrate my weight loss so far. I forgot that my husband and I had planned a trip to the Melting Pot to celebrate losing 10 pounds. I''ve never been to the MP (the closest one is 45 minutes away in another state), and I''ve wanted to try it. Well, I decided to wait until I lose 20 pounds to go. Ten pounds just didn''t seem like enough of an achievement to visit a place like that. Rewarding yourself with food isn''t the best choice, I know, but my husband and I are major foodies. I figure it can''t hurt to indulge occasionally. Most times when we go out, I just get a salad with grilled chicken or some other healthy option, so it''s not quite as bad as it sounds. I''ve also learned that asking to substitute certain ingredients for others or getting an appetizer and/or side dish instead of an entree can save a lot of calories.
9.gif

What do you do to reward yourself?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/6/2008 6:27:07 AM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Thanks Lorelei! Congrats on all your hard work!!

I love catching up on shows while working out, if possible. I''m not usually in front of the TV at the gym because I''m either swimming or working with my trainer, but I watch TV while using my exercise mat at home. The other thing I do is get up and move -- do anything, while commericals are on. I get some housework done or a few other things done in that time.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Marcy, I laughed when I read your comments about how I went out to dinner to celebrate my weight loss so far. I forgot that my husband and I had planned a trip to the Melting Pot to celebrate losing 10 pounds. I''ve never been to the MP (the closest one is 45 minutes away in another state), and I''ve wanted to try it. Well, I decided to wait until I lose 20 pounds to go. Ten pounds just didn''t seem like enough of an achievement to visit a place like that. Rewarding yourself with food isn''t the best choice, I know, but my husband and I are major foodies. I figure it can''t hurt to indulge occasionally. Most times when we go out, I just get a salad with grilled chicken or some other healthy option, so it''s not quite as bad as it sounds. I''ve also learned that asking to substitute certain ingredients for others or getting an appetizer and/or side dish instead of an entree can save a lot of calories.
9.gif

What do you do to reward yourself?
perfume.....
30.gif

Thanks Zoe!

corgan

Shiny_Rock
Wow Lorelei congrats on your hard work!

For me I did another stroller fit class on Sunday so I am really hurting today (I also had another one on Friday). We did a fundraiser for a friend of mine whose son has to go for open heart surgery at 4 months so we did a stroller fit class to help them out.

Of course I had a hamburger and a cookie afterwards! And then continued to have kraft dinner and hot dogs for dinner because hubby and I were both so sore and tired!

Oh well!

Happy Monday everyone!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Had a fantastic workout yesterday, then went to the movies and dinner. Slept terribly last night, but almost finished the book I''m reading. I''m kidsitting for the first time in a few weeks this afternoon, will workout tomorrow.

Zoe, I''m not a fan of food as reward for myself, because I used to use it as a catchall (bored=eat, sad=eat, happy=eat) and I have tried to move away from that mindset into one that sees food as fuel, which can be enjoyable and splurgy on occasion. When I was losing weight I rewarded myself with shopping (my big reward was really expensive boots when I reached my big goal, 6+ years later they still sit in my closet even though I don''t wear them anymore). Now eating well and exercising is the reward, which is a great feeling.

Have a great day, everyone.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!! Happy new week!

Trying to be extra good this week, I am having a party at my house on Friday and I want to feel good! I will be getting LOTS of calorie-burning house cleaning in this week, so that should be good.

I have pretty much been using new clothing as a reward. It is so much more fun to shop when you feel good about yourself. It has not been great for my budget though!
20.gif
I almost bought a pair of not-that-cute jeans yesterday, just because of the size I could fit into, I need to get over that!

Does anyone have any experience with heartburn? I NEVER get it, but have had it 3 days in a row now
15.gif
. I took meds this morning for it, so far they are not helping. What is ok to eat? Nothing sounds good at all.

Zoe-Melting Pot is DELICIOUS! Maybe set it up for a different special occasion? Or just pick a day and be extra good that week? Somehow that makes more sense to me than using it as a reward for weight loss. I think it would make me feel like my new lifestyle was depriving myself, not just making better choices, if that makes any sense. Just my .02. I am a big foodie too, and trust me, you will enjoy it!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

I did an easy 65 mins on the deardmill this morning and then two sets of arms.

Lorelei, I will never be able to hear a reference to Dynasty again for the rest of my life without thinking of you!

Zoe, the HH and I are big foodies too. It''s so hard to be a foodie and lose weight some times...

Corgan, stroller fit sounds like a fun way to get your workout in with your baby!

Kimi, the HH is out of town for a week so I was up late with you last night reading too!

Miscka, LOL on buying the not-that-cute jeans for the size. I would totally do that!

That''s all for now! My goal for the day is to finally straighten out the mess of god only knows how many pairs of shoes fighting each other in the bottom of my closet. Ug.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/6/2008 1:54:35 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Happy Monday kids!

Lorelei, I will never be able to hear a reference to Dynasty again for the rest of my life without thinking of you!
face20.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! I am now starting this new week!! My goals are: less carbs (pasta, bread, I ate at the olive garden this weekend, and had left overs for like three days so at least I didn''t eat it all at once, but I ate it everyday.)

I also want to work out a little bit harder. I have slowly been adding minutes, inclines, some sparse running...

I did go down to 175 from 178, and who knows if it is just a flukey thing, or if I can continue it, I will be MUCHO happy. Hope everyone has a good week!!!!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

3.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......Today was our first day in the new office and it went remarkably well. Our computers were up and running and the new phone system was up and they even had a training session for us on the phones, which have some really cool features. And, knowing I would pitch a fit if there wasn''t good coffee available first thing, my boss went out and bought all kinds of dark roast Sbucks to brew in our new coffee maker, just for me!!!

No workout today, as sir Charlie get''s in from Bufallo in about an hour and I need to make this quick, so I can go to the airport to pick him up. We''ll stop by favorite sushi place #2 for dinner on our way home from the airport. So, I won''t have an opportunity to check in later tonight.

Great opener as usual Lorelei. Like you, I made the life altering decision to rebuild Rod and quit smoking three years ago this week!! Sometimes, I get frustrated when I hit plateaus and don''t see new progress for all my hard work, but I know that I continue to do great things for my lungs and cardio vascular system, and I appreciate the reminder you gave us about remembering to be grateful for the things we can''t see too!!

DeeJay, I''m glad you figured out what was causing your lack of appetite. So, stop taking those allergy pills and ask your doctor for something that won''t affect your eating. You need to fuel the furnace to keep you strong and healthy through your workouts........

Zoe, I think waiting until you''ve lost 20 pounds to celebrate at the Melting Pot is a better idea. The melting pot is fun, but the meals are definitely not low cal or low fat! I also think Kimberly had some great advice. People often lose weight and then treat themselves to food as a reward. It seems that it helps people do the Yo-Yo diet thing, which is not healthy at all. My brother does that. Loses 50 pounds, rewards himself with food and gains weight back. Anyway, do treat yourself for losing weight, just be careful.......

Congrats on your Stroller Fit Class Corgan and it must be working, becuase sore is a good thing. It means you accomplished something!! Keep up the good work for sure.......

I hope your parties a great success this Friday Miscka!!

Yay for a three pound loss IloveAsschers!! Keep it up and it''s good to set weekly goals like you''ve been doing......

To anyone I may have missed......HEY! I''ll be going to the gym after work tomorrow night as it will be my last chance to have a gym workout till next Sunday - Yikes. It''s been a long time since I couldn''t go for a whole 5 days. My body will wonder what happened...........

Cya tomorrow night for what will likely be a very brief checkin before my business to Dallas on Wednesday.

Skippy......Where are you??

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Miscka, Kim, and Rod, for the heads up about rewarding myself with food. I know it doesn''t make sense, which is why I changed it from 10 pounds to 20. Not that that makes it much better, and who knows if we''ll actually go. Sometimes I think it''s just the idea of treating myself that I like, not the actual thing itself. When I got to 10 lbs., I felt too good to want to fall off the wagon. I''m sure I''ll feel like that again when I reach 20. There''s a fine line between indulging occasionally and finding reasons (excuses) to do it more frequently, and I do need to be careful to remember that. I feel like I''m rambling, and I''m not sure if what I wrote actually made sense.
1.gif

I met with my trainer today, and he increased the weights and reps again, so things are moving along well. I may go back tomorrow with my husband for a swim.

I hope everyone had a good day!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry I have been MIA everyone! I got frustrated and honestly didn''t want to talk about my weight. But I did not turn to food during this time
36.gif
I think because of this and b/c I have taken walks with the baby everyday for the past 5 days I have lost another lb.
9.gif
I am now my lowest weight post baby. I don''t obviously see a difference in my body (I am talking about the total 5 lbs I have lost this past month or two) which is kind of a bummer but I guess I can''t expect to. Though I am only 1 size up but my problem area is my tummy and love handles. Now I have 9 more lbs to go for my pre-baby weight. After that I will work on toning. I might have given up the dream of my wedding weight...maybe by next summer. It''s only an additional 5lbs but I know those will be the toughest.

Lor, working out would be SO boring without TV! You should be proud that you are living healthier. I am sure quiting smoking was tough but you are a strong lady!

Zoe, I LOVE the Melting Pot. I wish it was closer to us! I think 10 lbs is AWESOME and you should be very proud. When I had a bad day a few weeks ago I bought a new nail polish and set time aside to paint my nails. Seems silly but makes me happy and feel human. I used to always have perfectly painted nails
5.gif

coran, do you like stroller classes? Does your child get bored? I thought about doing something like that.

Kimberly, what movie did you see?

Miscka, did you try Tums? That''s the only thing that helped me when I has wicked HB while preggo. Don''t give into the vanity sizing!!!

Dee*Jay, you are a work-out animal! I am so weak. I get tired, bored, sweaty, etc and want to quit. Can''t wait to meet you this spring!!!

ILove, I heart carbs big time! That is pretty much my diet.
6.gif
Good luck with your new week!

Rod, you sound busy as usual! Skippy has family in town but she should be back to normal soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif

Lorelei, congratulations on your 2 plus years of healthy living. That is awesome!

I just got done grading 24 papers and need to do some things around here before going to bed so I hope to catch up with everyone tomorrow night.

Laters.
Marcy

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I posted in last week''s thread accidentally, oops! Count me in! I am aiming for 35 lbs. weightloss in a year ( for the wedding, wheeee!) and that adds out to be about .67 lbs. per week. I think this is definitely doable and like I said in the other thread I''ve already gone down 3 jean sizes. Personally I don''t keep a scale in the apartment so I don''t know how I''ll do that, I pretty much measure by how much fat I''ve lost, not pounds...I had my "last meal" if you will of chinese tonight haha I was soooo sick today (there''s something going around) and I really did not want to cook.

So excited, my new FI comes home from a long weekend in the twin cities with his friends tonight! I hope I don''t still feel like poop when he gets here
7.gif
Especially since he said he found me a fun present at the mall of america! I found him a book of cryptographs just to surprise him while he was gone :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning!

I hope everyone has a good day. I bought 3 new pairs of jeans a couple weeks ago but I haven't gotten them hemmed yet. It looks like I'll need to return them and get a smaller size. I think I may be in between sizes, which is frustrating, but it certainly could be worse. It's so hard to wear plus sizes when you're a shorty like me. Everything I own is hemmed -- taken in and up by several inches. I refer to my clothes as being "Zoe size" because by the time the seamstress is finished hemming them, who knows what size they actually are. This has been my way of life forever, so I'm used to it. If I were smart, I'd learn how to sew so I could do it mysef and save some money. Oh well.

Thanks Tacori! I do feel proud of myself. I've half-heartedly done WW and Jenny Craig before (years ago), but this is the first time I've really taken this whole weight loss thing as seriously as I have. I know I'll have more ups and downs, but I truly feel like it's sticking this time.
36.gif
I love painting my nails, and I like the idea of giving myself a manicure to celebrate. I can definitely do that.

Marcy -- you teach astronomy, right? Do you teach night classes or is it your day job as well? I'm sorry that I don't remember -- you may have mentioned it before.

Smurfy -- hi!
35.gif
I don't know if I've congratulated you in the LIW or BWW boards, but congrats on your recent engagement!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, guys....quick fly-by. Just going to let you guys know I will be MIA for about a week. I am visiting my parents in Georgia for a week. Hope everyone has a healthy, happy week!

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Just a quick update, but nothing too new or exciting to report! My trainer kicked my tush (again) last night, but I love it! I wish I got the same feeling after my workouts by myself as I do after my workouts with him! Weekends are still my big struggle, especially since I go out of town almost every weekend to see FF and this usually includes tailgating, which includes tailgating food/beer. I''m good at controlling my diet during the week, but the weekends just kill me! Anyway, glad to hear things are going well with everyone else! I''ll check in later!
1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

I''m babysitting again today after work, but I''m going to go to the gym when I finish because I don''t want to skip two days in a row.

Zoe, I didn''t mean to give the impression that there is something wrong with going out to eat, having some ice cream, etc., I do so often, I just don''t attach it to rewards for being successful losing weight. Part of my bad, old eating habits were because I rewarded and comforted myself with food and I felt it was important for me to find different ways to do so (clothes, a new book, etc.) because I didn''t want food to be so tied up in emotions anymore. Don''t not go to the Melting Pot! I would just recommend you go as a date night as opposed to an I lost 20 pounds night. I hope I didn''t upset you with my previous post. It''s awesome that you already need a smaller size in new jeans! Good thing you can return them.

Welcome, smurf. Less than a pound a week is totally reasonable. Hope you find lots of inspiration here.

Rod, glad the new office was ready to go when you all arrived. Skippy has company, her father-in-law, visiting.

Steph have an awesome trip!

No need to apologize, Tacori. I think we all go through phases where we disappear for a bit. It can be frustrating at times, but hooray for not turning to food! And congratulations on more weight lost. We saw Blindness. I have the book in my stack of "To Read" but I just haven''t gotten there yet. My husband read it and said it''s brilliant. The movie was very interesting, dark, and thought provoking. It made me think of Movie Zombie''s quote about films in her signature.

I''m off, have a great day all.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

This morning I did one of my hard workouts (65 mins on elliptical with my heart rate in the 170s). I even trying to eat again (what an adventure!) but I am now only 2 lbs away from where I was last summer before my surgery, so life is good!

Kimi, are you still enjoying the new Y?

Going, my dietician told me to follow the 80/20 rule when it comes to eating, so my philosophy is to be pretty good on the week days but I left myself misbehave on the weekends. So maybe you''re not being as bad as you think!

Steph, have fun in Georgia!

Zoe, good for you on the jeans!! I have a pair of pants I bought at Ann Taylor that I''ve never worn and they have to go back too.

Smurfy, congrats on the 3 sizes already! With determination like that I''m sure you''ll get those 35 lbs off too!

Marcy, grading 24 papers and then still taking care of things around the house -- you go girl!

Tacori, I can''t wait for you to get here! You, Mrs. S., and I are going to have SO much fun!!!

Rod, LOL on your boss getting the special coffee for you!

ILA, I love how you set your goals! Them seem so reasonable and manageable. I could learn a big lesson from you!

Michelle, I am so very sorry to hear about your daughter''s boyfriends'' best friend''s brother. Biggest hugs outgoing to everyone.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone
35.gif

I wanted to stop in and post this article that I read about what people normally see as healthy, how unhealthy it really is, and what you can use to substitute it! Most of these are really obvious (especially with so many smart eaters here!) but here it is anyway:

Granola Bar
200 calories
15 g sugars

Eat this instead!
1 oz cheddar cheese with Triscuits
150 calories
5 g sugars

Ever wonder what keeps a granola bar together? The answer: high-fructose corn syrup, which quickly raises blood sugar and cancels out most of the potential benefits the granola almonds and oats might give you. Switch over to good old-fashioned cheese and crackers, and you trade sugar and calories for protein and fiber. It''s a big deal that will make you smaller, as will steering clear of the sugar bombs. By the way, these are the most sugar-packed foods in America.
Yogurt with Fruit on the Bottom
190 calories
30 g sugars

Eat this instead!
Plain yogurt with fresh fruit mixed in
110 calories
15 g sugars

Pass on these over-sweetened yogurt cups; they contain as much sugar as a soft drink. Almost all of that comes directly from the “fruit,” which is swimming in high-fructose corn syrup. Yogurt and fruit can be a great way to start your day, but do it yourself by mixing a cup of nonfat plain yogurt with a half cup of mixed berries.
Bagel with Cream Cheese
700 calories
40 g fat
13 g saturated

Eat this instead!
Cheese omelet
425 calories
18 g
6 g saturated

Bagels are bogus. The bread is bad enough, containing 300 calories and 60 grams of carbohydrates, but tack on the liberal cream cheese schmear (by our survey of popular breakfast chains, up to 4 ounces for a single bagel!) and your "harmless" breakfast sandwich weighs in as worse than a Whopper. The omelet swap will save you nearly 300 calories, plus provide a surge of metabolism-boosting protein. And a recent study from the University of Connecticut found that eating eggs can help raise HDL (good) cholesterol. And while you''re being vigilant, watch out for the 20 Unhealthiest Drinks in America!
Dried Fruit
175 calories
45 g sugars

Eat this instead!
Fresh fruit, like an apple or a peach
70 calories
15 g sugars

OK, so dried fruit won’t totally derail a day of good eating (unless you down the whole bag of banana chips), but it’s far from being a harmless snack. First, because the dehydrating process sucks most of the volume from the fruit, you can eat cups of the stuff, and 600 calories later, still not feel any fuller. More troubling, though, is the fact that Sun-Maid and Ocean Spray add sugar to the fruit, making Craisins closer to candy than Mother Nature’s original intention. The choice is clear: Stick to the original, straight from the tree.

Fish Sandwich
600 calories
30 g fat
11 g saturated

Eat this instead!
Grilled chicken sandwich
300 calories
13 g fat
4 g saturated

Fish is good for you, except when it’s battered, fried, robed in cheese, and bathed in tartar sauce. The lesson? Even the biggest star can be sabotaged by the supporting cast. To this end, avoid any menu item with the word "crispy," the restaurant industry’s favorite euphemism for “fried.” Make sure your next fish or chicken sandwich is grilled, dressed with fresh produce, and topped with a low-cal barbecue sauce, or even ketchup and mustard. And watch the salt; these 20 foods are the saltiest in America!
Stick margarine (1 Tbsp)
100 calories
11 g fat
2.5 g saturated
2.5 g trans fat

Eat this instead!
Whipped butter (1 Tbsp)
50 calories
6 g fat
1.5 g saturated

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Tac! Quitting smoking was challenging but well worth it! I have just had a treddy session and enjoyed a Dynasty episode! Hehe!

Thanks Corg!

Congrats Michelle and I will be keeping Audrey's family in my thoughts.

Kimmy, it won't be long now until it is time for the Ugliest Christmas Ornament Thread - I can't wait!!! It is part of the Pricescope holiday traditions now!
41.gif

Thanks Marcy!

Hi Smurfy!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe, I am ALSO short and have to have everything hemmed. It is annoying! I actually really like painting my own nails. It is calming to me. Plus an $8 bottle of nail polish seems like a harmless splurge (but I did feel giddy after).

Kimberly, thanks. I guess I should have known you guys would understand. I just felt like nothing was coming off even though I was trying to watch what I ate and be more active. This is a tough and unexpected journey. *I* even got sick of hearing myself complain
2.gif
3.gif

Dee*Jay, I know! I can''t wait. What shall we do?!? You will need to plan it since you are the local one
9.gif
. I can''t wait to see my DH''s face when he sees your jewels! Don''t you have a rolex too? Or am I thinking of someone else? He is a big watch guy.

fiery, that is interesting. Guess it proves it''s all about the *small* changes.

Lor, you are almost inspiring me to jump on the treadmill...almost! Haha!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

Pretty low-key day here. Kashi for breakfast, Lean Cuisine potatoes and broccoli for lunch. Dinner will be a CPK single pizza.

I did turn down some McDs soft serve! I was proud, I love that stuff!

Tacori, I love to paint my nails as well! I never have them done, and I get the biggest kick out of finding a new color I like. It''s the little things, lol!

Steph, have fun on your trip!

Zoe, I second what Kimberly was saying re: attaching things to weight loss. You will make the right decision for you! Good thing you hadn''t had your pants hemmed yet, you will be in that next size before you know it. I feel your pain on pants, though the other way. It''s all highwaters for me, lol. I wish more people carried lengths for their pants.

SDL congrats on finishing training!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kim -- no offense taken at all! I wasn't upset -- I didn't mean to come across as defensive either, if I did. Tone is always hard to convey here... Anyway, we're ALL good!
1.gif

ETA: I hit submit before I meant to.

I didn't make it to the gym after work. I went shopping after school instead, and I ended up buying three pairs of jeans, all in different sizes. One was petite, one was regular, and I can't think of what the third was. Like I said, it doesn't really matter since I get them taken up so much.

Tacori -- I know what you mean about giving yourself a manicure and how relaxing it is. I love doing it, and I'm on the look out for different colors. I have pretty pale coloring, so I try to stay away from anything too dark.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Bon Jour! I just got back from Paris so this will be quick. I walked 3-6 miles per day depending on what all we were doing, lots of fun and great food!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Zoe! congrats on shopping for new pants - very exciting!

tacori - funny I always pictured you as tall. and I think I''ve seen photos of you. i''m envious of women who are "short" but don''t look short in photos. i remember hearing that kylie minogue (singer from australia, i think) was 4''10" and shouting "NO WAY!" but everytime someone in the press writes about her height, the stats are different. she''s somewhere between 4''9" and 5''2" haha.

Rod - congrats on the move into the new office. where are you now? i''ll be Charlie was glad to get out of Buffalo (I think Buffalo, NY is always like 50 degrees colder than the rest of NY, which is getting cold itself).

appletini! let''s hear about Paris! I''ve never been there, but DH has already so it''s not at the top of his list of places to visit. it''s great to hear you did so much walking :)

SDL, woohoo for the next 3 days off. i am off today, but only because i''m sick. i caught a cold last week, the day after my wedding. and i was mostly fine until just today. the congestion was really awful and i think my nasal passages are really irritated. i''m sure your days off will be much nicer than mine!

i haven''t done much working out. i swam last saturday with my cold, and that wasn''t a good idea. i want to do a yoga dvd at home, but i haven''t the energy to even put the dvd in.
7.gif

i hope everyone has a happy and healthy week!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Bleck, lost a long post.

Zoe, not at all defensive, I just wanted to make sure my thoughts came across as suggestions, not holier-than-thou speak.

Dee, I am loving the Y. Had a hard time justifying the money since I have an elliptical but I use it enough, and J on occasion, that I am okay with spending it.

Tacori, you don''t sound like a complainer, you sound like someone going through what can be a difficult process. We''re happy to be your sounding board and if you want suggestions/ideas we''ll provide those too!

Welcome home, apple!

Congrats, SDL.

Lorelei, the thread will be here soon, and I can''t wait either!. I want to get through Halloween and T-Day first. I feel like we rush the holidays and I want to enjoy each one as it comes.

Since I didn''t have to tutor this afternoon I went straight to the gym, then came home and made dinner, it''s in the oven -- green chile/chicken casserole. Had a great day at work except I got bit on the boob. It looks like a hickey, I told my co-workers my hubby is going to think I''m out having a fling as opposed to going to the gym. Timer is going off...''night all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!We went to dinner with Marty’s folks tonight then went back to their house to have cake for Marty’s birthday.It was a nice evening but we got home way too late.

Kimi, I am delighted you are enjoying the Y.

CrownJewel, get better soon. Stupid colds.

Appletini, that is awesome you had a marvelous time in Paris.

Zoe, woo hoo for new jeans.Yes, I teach astronomy at the local community college.It is a part time job and I work during the day for my full time job.The Melting Pot is awesome and expensive so that will be a great place to go for a special occasion like reaching your goal.

Miscka, the McD’s ice cream cone is low fat and only 150 calories.It’s yummy!Clothes are great rewards.

Tacori, what brand of polish do you like?I buy Savy and Orly from Sally’s Beauty Supply and really like them.Congratulations on losing another pound.Sorry to hear you are frustrated on your progress but I just focus on it one day at a time and it doesn’t seem overwhelming that way.

Lorelei, I’ve watch some Dynasty episodes before – love the cat fights.Being entertained while working out is very helpful to me as well.

Fiery, thanks for the great list of foods that really aren’t healthy.It’s all about watching those calories.

DeeJay, congratulations for being 2 pounds away from your weight prior to surgery last summer.That is awesome.

SanDiegoLady, I am so excited to hear your training is over and you’ll be working on your own.You will be awesome.I am so sorry to hear about that young man killing himself.My heart goes out to his family and friends.

GoingCrazy, I tend to eat more on the weekend but still try to be reasonable and it seems to work for me.Glad to hear your trainer is giving you a great workout.

Steph, have fun visiting your parents.

Welcome, Smurfy.What was your fun present from Mall of America (if you care to share of course).

Rod, I am glad the new place is nice for work.I hope you have fun in Dallas.

ILoveAsschers, good luck on your goals this week.I must be on a carb kick because I made lasagna.

Corgan, how nice to help out with the fund raiser.I hope the surgery goes well.

Well, I am tired, it’s past my bed time and I still have to put on my pjs.Sorry if I have any typos or grammatical errors.I am too tired to proof read this.

Laters,

Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/7/2008 4:18:22 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Lor, you are almost inspiring me to jump on the treadmill...almost! Haha!
12.gif
31.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ALl!!!

SO I woke up sick yesterday
7.gif
and I didn''t work out. I did take a 5 hour nap yesterday. I don''t have time to work out when I normally do today so I am going to go outside after my class. I have a study abroad meeting today (woo-hoo
3.gif
) and then my night class. It''s very stinky weather here and it''s such a downer.

fieryred33143 that is such an interesting thing to point out! When I went to a trainer, she was explaining the same thing to me and now I think twice about that!

Happy Hump Day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results