shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 17th August till 23rd August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

Things are going well, back on the workout wagon and eating is also going well so nicely on track. Something I have been noticing after having a break from working out, is that my muscles seem to have a ' memory', and that once I get a few workouts back in they really seem to tone up again quickly. I notice this especially in my legs and core. It is good to know that yes you might lose some muscle tone from not working out but once you start again, that it doesn't seem to take that long to gain back what you have lost. I am not talking about going from serious cardio and weight training gains then taking a year off, of course that way you will regain your former shape! But just that it seems to me that it doesn't take long to tone up a bit again which is something to bear in mind should you have to stop working out for any reason.

As with everything it is a balance, during my workout break I have been trying to eat more carefully still to compensate, and this seems to have worked well and I am feeling great! Its been so hot here recently and the little room where we keep the treddy and elliptical has been stifling, but it has cooled off a bit now.

I also wanted to say to Deegee I am so sorry for your loss
emrose.gif
Most of us do know how you feel, hugs {{{ }}}

Have a great week all and keep going!
35.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
lorelei- great opener, and yes I think you are right about muscle memory!

Rod- It really was like the Rod/Marcy Show this weekend.
21.gif
I am soo happy you are in less pain and had a great day at work, and a fab workout! That is fantastic. I also watched I love you man this weekend... so FUNNY!

Marcy- You are soo funny wanting a PCRHR! If you do, I cannot wait for pics! I hope the craft fair was fun, you have a talented family! Sorry you slept through the meteor shower. It would have been really neat to witness.

Everyone, I hope you have a super fantastic Monday and week!
35.gif
My weekend was busy. My grandmother had her gallbladder removed. Turns out she had a bad infection, and a lot of stones, but she is going great now. She says it was the easiest surgery she''s ever had. She''s such a funny lady! My mom was freaking out all weekend about it, but she is healing nicely and PT is going well... so she needs to find the positive in things, and not be a stress ball. My bro is still 1 pound away from his goal weight, but he isn''t focusing on it. He is happy that he is able to do things, and have more energy to play with his daughter, and loves that his clothes are too big... so he''s buying new ones. It is funny, because I''ll obsess about those last pounds, and really he''s got it right. He looks good and is happy... so why fret? This weekend was a blast. My hubs and I worked out a lot, saw a couple movies. I love you man, HILARIOUS, and Funny people. It is a really awkward comedy very similar to Sideways. That is the best way to describe it for me unfortunately I cannot think of any other way. Other than that though, the weekend was AWESOME.

“Worry is like a rocking chair--it gives you something to do but it doesn''t get you anywhere.” unknown.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning!
emhot.gif
I have been busy so I haven't checked in as much. Hubby and I biked 2x this weekend and I have been walking 4 miles in the evenings with my cousin. I actually went on an uber pretty much all uphill bike ride and my allergies were horrible so I am going to stick to moderate exercise when I am outdoors till this one plant stops blooming; it is a weed. ha! I do take Astepro (nose spray), decongestant, zyrtec and get allergy shots 2x a month and I still suffer; I just need to move. hehe
2.gif

Something weird has happened and maybe I wasn't eating enough but I had a few indulgences here and there and I was worried I would gain weight but the opposite happened. I lost 3 lbs
9.gif
so I am in the low 130 lbs now. It has got me thinking that I probably wasn't eating enough so I have had a few extra points like 150 extra calories and doing fine. I just wanted to put that out there; I noticed my calories were higher fat items too so maybe I was missing some fat?? I know weight watchers says we need 2 tsp of oil a day and I wasn't doing that so now I will be sure to add some olive oil to my salad or soup.

HAVE A GREAT MONDAY FRIENDS!!!
35.gif

LORELEI, excellent opener!!

DEGEE, I am so sorry about your sweet kitty, huge hugs. Yay for you on the weight loss!

MARCY, great ear shots, gorgeous!

LISA, I am sorry about the happy hour; that has happened to me.

TLH, aw, bless your grandmas heart; she sounds adorable!!! Praying for a speedy recovery! yay for funny movies! That is so AWESOME about your brother, many congrats to him; I bet he feels better! You are the best sis to cheer him on!!!

ROD, I have a few friends hooked on True blood; I will need to rent it and see what it is like. hehe

Hello SS, Dragonfly, Diva and other friends on here!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Happy New week All! This weekend was really busy for us, as will be all upcoming days for the next two weeks. We spent all weekend packing. I did manage to squeeze in a viewing of Julie and Julia. It was such a good movie! Friday I had a session with a personal trainer and I pretty much was dead all weekend from it. 3 mins of jumping squats
23.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
. My legs are still screaming. I''m heading to the gym with mom tonight.

Lorelei - glad to hear that you are back working out and toning back up quickly

tlh - hope your grandma feels better

skippy - I''m glad to hear you lost 3lbs! They say that some indulgences help to kick your metabolism into gear, so maybe that?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dragonfly, you are probably right! wooo hooo for your Uber workout
36.gif
and thanks for the flowers honey!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Howdy ya''ll!
35.gif
Seems like forever since I posted--probably b/c it has.... I noticed that my clothes are fitting a bit tight...so I went to my neighbours and weighed myself...and yup!
9.gif
The last time I recall getting on a scale was sometime in April, so I guess the holidays and eating and drinking (esepcially) more than usual has caught up to me....

Anyway, I had a nice run/walk/bike--I really miss the daily routine of doing something dedicated in terms of fitness......

Hope this note finds everyone well!

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all! Long time no see.
35.gif

Just wanted to tell Lorelei I can''t get in my email.
33.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2009 3:36:33 PM
Author: Ellen
Hey all! Long time no see.
35.gif

Just wanted to tell Lorelei I can''t get in my email.
33.gif
Roger that!
emthup.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It wasn''t a bad day. I woke up in slightly less pain, which is nice as mornings are typcially the worst. I had a busy day at work, which is good. And sushi after work was good too. We just picked up a drink at Sbucks on the way home from dinner as I''ve been working (setting up interviews, which is definitely a good thing) for jobs I''ve been working on. Since Charlie missed the last two weeks of True Blood, he''s watching those episodes while I''ve been doing work. I have PT tomorrow after work and will soon log off to do my stretching exercises.

What a great opener Lorelei. For anyone who may have taken a break, and who think''s all is lost, your topic for this week was just great. Our muscles do bounce back and after a break, they seem to do better in many ways. I wasn''t able to work out for a full 3 weeks and as you all know, it killed me. I''ve worked so hard to be in decent shape and I was really concerned I''d lose muscle and not be able to bring it back right away. But, I didn''t really lose anything and I''ve found the break in some ways helped. Anyway, I''m glad you''ve found much the same and am glad you''re back to working out and enjoying it.

Thanks tlh, I''m glad you also enjoyed I Love You, Man. It was surprisingly good. I''m sorry to hear about your grandmother having to have her gallbladder removed. We should all be more like your brother an not fret. How nice you had an awesome weekend!!

There''s my Skippy!!! I''m so sorry you''re still suffering with Allergies. And WOO HOO for losing 3 pounds. It took me a looooong time to realize that we can indulge once in a while. On weighing in, since I wasn''t working out like I used to because of my pain and I couldn''t do any cardio, I didn''t want to get on the scale, but finally did this weekend. I was SO HAPPY to see I haven''t gained any weight!!!

dragon, we''re hoping to see Julie and Julia this weekend. WOO HOO for screaming legs. It means you accomplished something!!

Hi Sharon. I''m sure if you''ve gained anything, it''s not much to begin with and you''ll certainly shed it quickly. Don''t be a stranger, OK?

Hey Ellen, it has been a while. I hope all is good with you......

OK.....time for my stretches...........

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone!

Diva, tlh, marcy, rod, Skippy, dragonfly, lliang, lorelei - thank you so much for your kind words. It''s been a sad week around here. Luckily I have 2 extremely needy cats and one crazy puppy to keep me occupied right now. And my wonderful, sweet hubby has been offering lots of hugs and support. We decided to take a little day trip on Saturday so we went shopping. He was so sweet, trying to help me pick things out and finding sizes for me. Bless his heart, he even sat in the Coach store while I looked at bags. His eyes looked a little glazed over but he didn''t fall over or anything! I need clothes in a bad way, but I bought a purse instead. We did tons of walking and ate badly, but I did manage to stay within my points for the day. The last time we went shopping like this, my back hurt so bad that I had to sit for a good while and take pain medication. I didn''t have to do that at all this time. I''ve come a long way!

rod - it''s great that you''re still working out despite your pain, as long as you don''t do too much. I had been in pt for so long for another back problem that I gave up when I herniated my disk. I gained 50 pounds and turned into the laziest human alive! It has taken 3 years to get myself back on track (and that''s only after a scary threat by the doctor). I hope you continue to have relief from pain and that you begin seeing real improvement.

marcy - I''m late in saying this, but I love your earrings! They look like the perfect size, and those glamour shots with the shoes were adorable. Do you love them? What do you teach? I taught 6th grade for 5 years but changed careers when DH and I moved to a new state.

tlh - sorry to hear about your granny, but glad she''s doing well. That''s awesome about your brother. One pound away would drive me nuts, but that''s great that he''s not stressed about it and is enjoying the benefits of weight loss. The weight watcher lady asked me to set a goal at the last meeting. I had originally set a goal of 58 pounds, but for 2 more pounds I can get another gold star for my ribbon. If I do that, I''m at an uneven weight, so I really would want to lose 3 more pounds on top of that to get to an even weight. She laughed and told me not to overthink it. (But I think I make sense, don''t I?
26.gif
)

Hi Diva!
35.gif

dragonfly - you''re a workout machine! I''m jealous.

lliang - hope your''re feeling better. That''s great that you picked out a bike. Hubby and I have looked a couple of times, but we''re not sure around here where to ride. We''d probably have to head to one of the state parks and not chance any of our roads, not even in our neighborhood. People can''t drive!

lorelei - I don''t know why, but the first thing I though of when I read your post was my memory foam pillow. Ahhh, comfy pillow. Anyway, you''re right about picking back up and exercising again. I thought after my 3 years of living like a sloth, my metabolism was probably shot and I''d never be able to work up to walking a complete mile again. It really didn''t take that long to get going again once I started trying in earnest. I''m very pleased at that.

Skippy - my ww leader griped at me for weeks for not eating enough of my weekly points. When I started eating more, I started losing better. Weird. I''ve been trying not to have so many left over at the end of the week, and it has worked over the long run. If you lose extra weight while you''re on maintenance, do you have to pay? Sorry that your allergies are so bad. My hubby is having hard time breathing right now, despite taking medicine. He''s not on shots, but he''s on zyrtec and a nasal spray. I know he gets pretty miserable sometimes.

It''s late and we need to get ourselves out for Lily''s evening walk. So much for getting to bed early! Have a great week everone!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I am looking forward to our camping trip; I need the rest.Today we got up, went to have breakfast then did more shopping.I swear we could fly somewhere and stay in a hotel for what we spend to get ready to camp.We bought a new chair for the living room of the trailer; it is a big padded chair but folds up, we found 2 nightstands on sale and bought them for our bedroom; we bought a safe for the house, I went to school and worked on some things but still have more to do next week, I snuck off to look at PC RHR (sssh) and bought some stacking trays for my jewelry to put in the safe.The in-laws had us out for supper and then we came home and worked on more things.My list seems to be growing not shrinking.

3.gif

Lorelei, that is great to hear your muscles remember their “moves” and fall right back in place.Glad to hear you are feeling great.

Tlh, the PC ring I liked the best was at Zales – on sale but I doubt I buy it.They had a 1 ctw ring at Kays that isn’t bad and for a great price.I know it’s not a PS vendor but I don’t want to spend a fortune on it either.Who knows what I’ll end up doing.I will be far from jewelry stores and the internet so I can have a cooling off period.Tee hee.Best wishes to your grandmother for a speedy recovery.My dad had something similar happen a few years ago; they said he was full of small stones too.Good for your brother to have such a great attitude about that last pound.I was like that too; it was never about the number or the size of clothes; anything was an improvement for me.Glad you had a good weekend.

Skippy, congratulations for losing 3 more pounds.I need to be diligent on my camping trip; the mountain air seems to make me hungry but I am taking a lot of low cal food.

Dragonfly, yay for a great workout.

Sharon, I seem to put on weight more easily when Idrink which is sad because my in-laws always have alcohol when we got visit them and I am too polite to say no – ha ha. Twist my arm.

9.gif

Hi Ellen!

Rod, glad you woke up with less pain today.

Deegee, yay for your back not hurting that bad after your shopping trip.Too funny about your DH in the coach store.They have copybags in Hong Kong of brands like coach that are very inexpensive compared to what we pay for them here.I went through their website to see if I wanted one but didn’t see one that appealed to me.Marty got me a coin purse with Hello Kitty on it.Thank you for the compliment on my earrings.They are the perfect size for me and I like them a lot.Compared to the other ½ ctw PC studs I’ve tried on they seem big so I think I lucked out there.

Well, I must get ready for bed.I don’t know if I will check in again this week or not.

Take care.

Marcy

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Hi HLT friends!
35.gif
sorry to have been MIA - 2 moves in 2 months finally did me in! The dust had only just settled in Hong Kong from the move from one apt. to another, and then the kids and I moved back to the US (DH not finished w/ work yet) . . . and then a week later 96 boxes from our sea container arrived! AARGH! house still not put back together but we escaped on vacation and DH joined us for the first 2 wks of Aug. so that was happy days. I was feeling that ''uh oh'' feeling of way too many dinners out and too many glasses of wine, but I braved it to get on the scale this morning and only 3 lbs gained - relief. I have been running every other day so I think that has helped, but still am feeling ready to get back to a healthier mode with better eating and exercise on a more consistent basis. I have missed everyone and am looking forward being part of the thread again - you all are such inspirations!
1.gif
have a great week!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all.

Just a fly-by.....

DH and I are leaving for a short vacation tomorrow for our anniversary and won''t be back until late Fri. We will be eating and drinking and generally making merry. I''m packing some healthy breakfasts and snacks to limit the excessive. We''ll be getting in a good amount of walking (vineyards are big places!) and we''ll hopefully get to spend a fair amount of time at the lake.

So, have a great week!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Babysteps. Welcome back to PS and the US. Marty is going back to HK in about a month again. How much longer does your husband have to stay there?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
skippy- love the earrings for your 10th. That is fantastic! I love healthy fats!!! They are like my staple!

dragonfly- holy cow, that trainer meant business. Hopefully he started you out on a low enough platform. Plyometrics to start... wow! INSANE!

canuk- sorry the pants are a bit tight, but you''ll work it off in no time!

Hi ellen!

Rod- yum!!! Sushi and starbucks! I was thinking, how much caffiene do you have in a day? Just wanted to make sure you are having enough water to rehydrate...as dehydrated muscles, can cramp and spasm. Wishing you the best at your session!!!

deegee-ooo coach purse! I''m glad you were able to walk around and window shop without pain! That is awesome. You''ll get there, and nab that gold star!
emstar.gif
You''ve really made some progress and that is SO INSPIRING!

marcy - camping should be fun, esp w/o any papers to grade! Good for you sneaking a peak. The holidays are just right around the corner you know! I tell my husband now is the time to buy luxury items.
31.gif
You know, I''ve walked in those stores from time to time too... I can''t help it. I love window shopping... but I guess hanging out in the woods with bears and stuff might be a nice distraction... or have me running to the nearest store saying life is too short! HAHA!

babysteps! HELLO!!!! Glad you are back, and 3 pounds for all that excitement is something to be proud of! Hope your hubs gets back safely!

Shiny- Have a nice and safe trip!!!

Happy Tuesday Everyone-
35.gif
This morning was nice. It was 81* and low humidity which felt fantastic... the run was good and strong. Last night hubs and I weren''t that creative. Made an egg/white black bean burrito for dinner... kinda one of those things you do when you don''t really feel like making a big to do about dinner. Though salads are super easy... I just wasn''t feeling it. Tonight I''m making a roast... actually my slow cooker is slaving over the meal all day today. Which I love being able to come home perpare the side and eat supper. Tonight the hubs and I will most likely do some yoga. I''ve been getting a real tight shoulder, so I''m taking a few days off from swimming... and will just take things easy.

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." ~ Judy Garland

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
attn: ROD

As I recall you had a lot of water damage to your home fairly recently. Meresal has a thread regarding her apt complex having a sewer backup and subsequent damage and I thought you may have some advice for her.

Here''s the
LINK TO HER THREAD

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all
How is everyone doing so far this week? I made it to the gym last night, did the weight machines and upped my numbers of reps on all of them!!! Then did half hour on the bike. Tonight my friend who died''s parents are taking us out to eat. So excited!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It was an incredibly busy day at work which is good. I''ve got a couple candidate in the final stages of receiving offers, which is a really great thing. We are seeing some slight improvement on the hiring front out there. They say that when the hiring freezes and layoffs are over, we''ll be buried in opportunities to fill. That would be a stupendous thing. It was a good day painwise too. I never seemed to be in significant pain at any point today. And my physical therapist really took advantage of that and pushed me hard during my PT session. I''m going to the gym tomorrow night after work and he''s cleared my workout to be full, with the exception of the elliptical, which I''m still not fully ready to get back on. But he feels I''ll be back on the elliptical very soon. I''ve so missed the elliptical as part of my workout and will be really excited to get back on.

I''ve been working since getting home. We had barbequed chicken for dinner which was great and a steamed vegetable medly of carrots, brocolli and brussel sprouts. I''m not usually a big fan of brussel sprouts, but these were really fresh and sweet tasting. That''s about it for me. It''s late and I need to get some more work done.

I wanted to again send cyber hugs to degree. I''m sure it''s been a tough week and I''m so glad your HH is giving you extra love.

Have a great trip camping trip Marcy!

SS, I did go to merasal''s thread and offer some thoughts. We were lucky though as our flood was just water.

tlh, I know it sounds like I must be mainlining caffeine, but honestly I''m not. I have one cup of coffee in the morning (about a typical Grande at Sbucks size), and usually a decaf (or a frapucinno) after dinner. I never drink caffeine after 6 PM. Now, on the weekends, I do have an extra cup in the afternoon. And I promise, I drink a lot of water to make sure I''m hydrated, especially on a workout day. Thanks for your kind thoughts and concern!!

Hey babysteps, it''s nice to see you again. Wow, 2 mooves in 2 months. That''s a lot of packing and unpacking, that''s for sure.

Yay for uppng your numbers of reps at the gym last night dragon!!! I hope dinner was good tonight.......

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the cyber hug, Rod. I'm really missing my girl. I am just so amazed at how many sympathy cards and phone calls I have received from friends and family, and all the hugs at work. I found Kiki right after I moved out on my own, so she was my very first pet as an adult. I smuggled her into my apartment because she was hugely pregnant and I wanted everyone to be safe (and I wasn't allowed to have pets there). She had 8 kittens, and I kept the baby that I bottle fed. I still have her and she's very needy right now. Sorry - I'm still moping. I'm glad your work is picking up. My husband's work has started picking up a bit, and he's thrilled!

Marcy - have fun camping! Rest up and enjoy yourself!! That's too funny that you're looking for a pc rhr. Do you already have a pc necklace?

Hello babysteps & draonfly!
35.gif

shiny - enjoy your short vacation, and happy anniversary!

tlh - my hubby is just thrilled that I have quit buying LV purses! He'd much rather endure the Coach store than the LV store! It sounds like you do really well with food as well as exercise. You have some major self-discipline.

Today was a really busy day at work, and then I had a hair appointment aferwards. I got my hair chopped even shorter than the last time. I wore my hair long for many years, and all of a sudden it's chin length! Ack! What have I done? I'm heading to bed as it's going to be another busy day tomorrow. Good night everyone, and have a great day tomorrow!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

A quick fly by until tomorow morning. But we switched up the training programs today. We''re doing a fat burning/interval/stabilization workout now. Kicked my TOOSHY!!! Our trainer also remeasure our vitals. I''m shrinking! Except I''m also loosing lean muscle mass to??? Sad. But hopefully it''s just a weird calc thing or that maybe that drink I had last night when I shouldn''t have.

I''ll comment on everyone tomorrow morning.

~Lisa

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
TLH, I''m glad your grandma is doing well. Your eats are sounding super healthy, good for you!

Skip, glad you''re doing well with your weight goals.

Sharon, Rats about the weight gain, but the running/biking/etc will help get you back on track.

Rod, glad the leg is doing better. Hooray for an almost complete workout. Hooray for almost getting back to the elliptical.

Deegee, I didn''t pick up my bike. We were busy doing invitations and etc, and I lost track of time. I''ll hopefully pick my bike up tonight.

Marcy, camping trip?!? AWESOME! I love camping but only for a very short time. I can only rough it for so long.

Babysteps, Yay! you''re back! moving is craziness, so don''t blame you.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly- I''m sorry to read about your loss. I hope you have a nice and comforting dinner... and I''m glad you had a great workout.

ROD- that is great news all around! can''t wait for some extra employees to help relieve sme of that stress!!! Nah, I didn''t think you were drowning in coffee, just wanted to make sure that something so small wasn''t adding to a much bigger problem!
21.gif

deegee- it is sweet that you still have a part of her, in that she created the little one that needs you now. WOW, no wonder your hubs is thrilled, that is some cost difference! HA! Thanks for your props! I bet your hair cut looks fantastic.. it just takes a minute to get used to styling it a new way!

Lisa- super bride is a coming! You are gonna rock that dress!!!!!

This morning was not fun. Some cyclist was riding on the sidewalk approaching me from BEHIND... yelled for me to get out of the way, and I lost it. I started screaming at the dude. This guy rides WAY too fast on the sidewalk, and has almost hit me several times in the past. Now, I live in a bicycle frinedly community. Bike lanes, special paved paths that are about 30+ miles along though scenic parks etc. I do not have a problem with cyclists who ride on the sidewalk (WITH TRAFFIC), though narrow, as long as they slow down, politely ask the pedestrian to move- as I understand that they can''t hop on the street, or ride in the rocks as they are scared to pop a tire... but to scream an obscenity at me, and yell at me like I''m the problem really irked me. So I called him an A-H and yelled at him that it is called a SIDEWALK and it is his job to yield to pedestrians. THAT MEANS WALKERS AND RUNNERS... and if he wants to ride his bike as fast as he wants, to get in the street with the other cyclists. He then said a few naughty words and flipped me the bird. I was less than pleased.
Keep in mind this happened in front of an assisted living/ retirement community where elderly (70''s+) walk with canes, walkers, and small dogs, frequently. Now, my thought is and maybe I''m nutty, but if you are faster and approaching from behind, and I CAN''T SEE YOU (unlike my mother I don''t have eyes on the back of my head)... you need to be polite, slow WAAY down, advise "on your left" and allow me ample time to get out of your way. Just like when I''m running, I don''t bowl down granny with her walker, she doesn''t see me, and I move for her and I go around. Now when I''m approaching from the front, and we see each other, it is nicer for slower traffic to move, and I have no problem moving for a bicycle, or another runner... I ALWAYS will move for the approaching traffic, because I want a smooth transition. Really didn''t make my morning. Oh and to note, this cyclist was not a child. He was a man of at least 50, who did not possess a mental handicap other than being a jerk.
Sorry about my rant. I was just upset at myself that I lost my cool... but I hope that maybe next time this cyclist will approach passing with some patience and some care.

“Patience is the companion of wisdom.” Saint Augustine

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......this has to be quick. I got home after 9 from the gym, which was really really good tonight. I pushed a bit harder and even did unassisted dips and chinups and I did 60 pushups, instead of just a few. Plus........DRUMROLL..........I got on the elliptical. I only did it for 2 minutes and my leg started hurting, so I got off, but I was so happy to be on it at all. I''ll do it again, and keep doing it until I''m back to where I used to be there. My leg pain was less today. Another YAY. Work was incredibly busy. It does make the day go by so much faster when I have so much going on. Our CEO is flying into town tomorrow to be with us for a couple days and she''s taking us out for ''happy hour'' tomorrow after work. We''re going to a really nice place, so it should be enjoyable. I hope........

Lisa, I''m with you about rude people on the sidewalk. Several months ago, I wrote a diatribe about not only people on bikes going too fast, but people walking their dogs on those ever so tricky leashes that extend and retract and youngsters on bikes who wobble all over the place. This was after I skated one evening and was almost tripped several times. Agggggghhhhhhhh, so I feel your angst and I''m glad you said what you said. You go girl!!! Maybe (but probably not) he''ll think the next time he needs to announce he''s coming up on someone.

Thanks tlh!

Degree, when we had to put Koh down last year, Sakai was definitely lonely and confused. We got them both at the same time and they were so close. They used to sleep curled up together and they''d bath each other. It takes a long time to get over the loss of a beloved pet and while we don''t know what our other animals think or understand, I believe they absolutely feel the loss when a partner is gone. So, hugs to all of you. I''m glad so many friends and family are offering extra love to you right now...........

Sorry for missing anyone else. I''m still doing some work and need to get it done before heading to bed...........

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everybody!

I''ve been away for a few day because things are so hectic at work, but I wanted to drop and and say hi. I''ll come back later and post again.

Have a great day!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
TLH & Rod, Don''t get me started on bikes on the sidewalk OR flexi-leashes. TLH, you have way more patience than I do, I would''ve pushed him down off his bike. Not really but I really would''ve been tempted to. I totally cannot believe what jerks people can be.

Rod, AWESOME workout! I''m not quite up to unassisted pull ups yet, but my trainer said we''re getting there. I''m on 25lbs of assistance which isn''t a lot :)

Tonight is another training session. I didn''t work out at all yesterday. We took Mom to a tapas restaurant for dinner. She''s never been. She kinda likes it. Says it''s like dim sum.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
ROD- THAT IS EXCITING AND PROMISING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!!
36.gif
yeah, I am hoping that he''ll think about how rude he was, and maybe, just maybe, he''ll approach the next pedestrian with a little more caution.

Diva- sorry things are crazy! Thinking of my honeymoon and the VACATION, really helped w/ my work stress... but the tidy up, was tough!

LISA- OMG, that is soo what I evilly thought too, shoving him! haha!
11.gif
I didn''t, but I was so angry! So I just ran really fast, yelling at him so he could hear my point. Even though he was on a bike, I was pretty IN YO FACE. The really messed up part, is less than 500 feet away, there is a bike path through a beautiful park that is MANY miles long, and SAFE. No stop lights, or streets to cross/slow down for traffic and cars. The streets are raise to go over this bike path/parks. It is really a safe place for cyclists that don''t feel comfortable on the streets. A LOT safer than sidewalks, as in our city, 30% of all cycling accidents happen due to the cyclist being on the sidewalk, 50% are from crossing the street. Silly, cyclist... sidewalks are for kids.

Everyone have an amazing Thursday!!!
35.gif
This morning I didn''t run. I needed a day of rest, so I picked today. I''ve been looking at different paths I want to run, and I''m excited about running a new route! I think I''ll stick to the horse trails... though I have to dodge stink bombs, at least those are stationary. Eats have been good. My hubs and I made a pot roast and it was delicious, we''ll probably eat leftovers tonight for supper.

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''''Don''t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''''” Muhammad Ali

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, sorry I have been MIA; I got new diamond studs and was taking pictures.
9.gif
hehee Then ps friends were asking for ear shots and I was taking the worst pictures of my ears
14.gif
so hubby did it for me this morning but I realized I never got a chance to check in here. hehe

Thanks about the 3 lbs. hehe It will be a good buffer for when we go on vacation w/family in Florida. Yay everyone sound like they are working out hard, wooo hooo Healthy Lifestyle friends!!!
36.gif

I am making a very thin crust whole wheat pizza tonight and salad. I bought a bunch of raspberries from Costco yesterday and I bought some fresh peaches so I am happy w/some fresh fruit. I am a little bummed cherry season is over though.

Hope you all have a fabulous healthy day friends!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

CANUK (SHARON) good to see you and yay for your run/walk/bike! you will lose soon!

HEY MISS ELLEN & LORELEI! heheh

ROD, thanks! YAY for staying in your goal, woooo hooo! Yay for the elliptical, I am so happy for you!!! xoxo

DEEGEE, I love your doggie avatar, sooo cute! lol about clothes but got a purse. I want to see your purse! I am glad your back is better! It is interesting about eating more pts and losing weight!

MARCY, yay for a camping trip!!!! are you there now? can't wait to hear about it!

BABYSTEPS, sooo good to see you; missed you! Yay for only gaining a little; you will lose it in no time! Kudos!

SOMETHINGSINY, happy ANNIVERSARY, have a wonderful wonderful trip!!!! YAY YAY

TLH, thank you I added lots of pics, hehehe the wait was killer! They were nice to send me pics. thanks honey! you are right on buying luxury items now. heheh Glad it is cooking off out there and wooo hooo for your awesome runs!!! aw, sorry about the jerk, I hope he is safer, huge hugs! I would be PO'd too!
oh yummy to pot roast, now I am craving it! hehehe

DRAGON, yay for your workouts. aw, hope you had a good dinner. hugs

LISA, yay for killer workouts; you are in such uber shape!!! wooo hooo!

DIVA, hi friend!!! how are you?

Agggggh, I can't believe it is Thurs already!!! DEEJAY and KIMBERLYH I miss you ladies, huge hugs!!
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Howdy gangaronni!
35.gif
It is cool to see everyone checking in and on the go!

Congrats again on the earrings Miss Skippy!
Rod--take care of yourself. Glad you abloe able to maintain strength while your pain persists.
Lorelei--the only muscle memory I seem to maintian in the lifting of the wineglass to my mouth muscles!!!
Marcy--alcohol is definately my caloric downfall--rather drink those carbs thean eat them!

Shout-out to the rest of the WW''ers, tlh, lisa, degree, babysteps...and anyone I missed by accident....

I have been out running and biking everyday. I feel better just being my active self. I love holidays but am definatley more sluggish b/c of all the extra cals and overeating.

Keep well folks!

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........Today was actually a good day. I was in the least pain I''ve been in over the last several months. At one point I was walking and it dawned on me I wasn''t in pain at all. After 8 straight months of intense pain, this is just a miracle for me. And since I pushed myself at the gym pretty hard last night and wasn''t in worse pain today, which is a beautiful thing. Our company president came to town this afternoon and took us all out for appetizers and drinks after work. I have physical therapy after work tomorrow, then I''m meeting Charlie for our usual Friday night sushi.

Hey Diva!! I hope it''s good hectic not bad hectic at work.........

Lisa, it took me a long time to be able to do unassisted chinups and dips. It actaully took months of effort and sore muscles. I haven''t done them for about a week, so I didn''t lose much strength. I was actually very happy to be doing them again last night. I typically do 3 sets of 15 unassisted dips and 3 sets of 12 - 15 unassisted chinups in 3 different hand configurations.

Thanks tlh!! It is exciting and promising. The sad thing about people who do things like what the guy on the bike did to Lisa is he thinks he''s in the right and he thinks she was inconveniencing him. And YAY for a day of rest. Resting can be a really great thing to do for yourself!!

There you are Skippy!!! And where are these pics of your new studs, eh???? Huh????

Thanks Sharon! Woo Hoo for running and biking every day and I''m glad you feel better. Isn''t it wonderful what exercise can do for us physically AND mentally??!! Enjoy being outside as long as you can before it get''s colder up there.

OK........I need to get some work done, then do my hour of stretches. I used to dread the stretches, but since they''re having such a positive effect on me, I look forward to them now! Have a great Friday everyone.........

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all! I hope everyone had a good day today.

tlh - Your bike story ticks me off! How can people be so rude? I don''t have a story anywhere near as bad as yours, but I hate it when we''re out walking Lily and someone''s badly behaved dog runs out at us - and then when the owner comes out to keep the dog from mauling us, they act put out with us for walking our well-behaved poochie on the public street. Grr.

Hi Diva! Hope your day tomorrow isn''t so hectic! I love busy days at work, but hectic days make me jittery.

Lisa - I hope all is going well with your wedding planning. What''s a flexi-leash? Is it one of those things that allows the dog to run at you and then the owner pushes a button and it pulls doggie back? We wanted to teach Lily to walk right beside us, so we didn''t buy one of those things.

Skippy - you''ve probably guessed, but that''s my crazy pooch Lily. I wasn''t in the market for a puppy, but when I met her and found out she desperately needed a home, I absolutely had to take her in. Your new earrings are GORGEOUS!!!! They look perfect and huge on you. Congrats again!

canuk-gal - Hi! I can definitely understand what you mean about being your active self. I have so much more energy now that I have been faithfully walking for 6 months now, and I feel soooo much better. Before I started WW, I had a tendency to have one too many drinks with dinner. Especially on nights out with friends. That''s one thing I''ll save points for!

rod - Awesome on your pain progress! Hopefully you''ll continue to improve. I''m not good to keep up with the stretches, but my hubby faithfully stretches for 10 minutes in the morning and before we walk in the evening.

My 13 year old nephew is coming to stay the weekend with me. My sis says he''s been excited all week, which makes me feel really good. We plan to take him to the baseball game for our local team on Saturday, and I saw in the paper today that the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders will be there for pictures and autographs. Great.... I might as well send hubby and nephew to the game and go shopping myself. They won''t even notice that I''m not there! Hubby and I took our walk tonight, but went a different way with an steady incline that''s about 1/2 mile long, and then it gets steep at the very end. That hill used to kick my rear, but it felt great to walk that way tonight. I think we''ll start walking 2 laps the hard way, and 2 laps the easiser way (down the slope instead of up). My neighborhood is a one mile circle, which makes it really handy for walking.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results