shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting measured for BMD! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
I''m really fortunate and blessed that I have a wonderful relationship with my SO''s little sister. So I was really excited when she got engaged last year and asked me to be a bridesmaid. Since the moment she asked me, I''ve been planning to shed some extra pounds (er, 20 to be exact). She is 5''10, size four, and used to model...your basic nightmare. I''d hate her if she wasn''t so darn sweet. But I absolutely love her, she''s a doll.

Anywho, fourteen months later and I''m only down five pounds. Eeks! So now here I am, T MINUS ONE MONTH and counting til I have the dreaded experience of having a perfect stranger strangle me with a tape measure. Now, I know the bridal business pretty darn well as I was a bridal consultant for a year and have measured countless brides/bridesmaids myself. What is the warning I use to tell everyone? Ah yes, DO NOT ORDER A SIZE SMALLER WITH THE INTENTION OF LOSING WEIGHT! Big no no. Red flags. Not good. However, with my own measurements looming, I''m actually considering this option (they can let it out, right?). Another option would be getting liposuction to rid the pesky 20 pounds though I''d rather not resort to surgery as of yet. Ok, maybe it''s still on the table, jk, it''s not. I don''t like the first option, given my experience in the world of bridal wear. And there just isn''t enough time for option two.

Ok, option number three: Work my buns off for the next four weeks and pray for a miracle. I''ve taken off 10 pounds in a month for my friends wedding last year (I gained back 5 of those, which is why I have 20 to lose now and not 15...sadly) I actually bought this Biggest Loser workout video (being that I''m such a huge fan of the show) and tried it tonight. It''s amazing...Bob kicked my butt. I also own an elliptical, which owns a layer of dust. I have been known to burn up to 500 calories in a half hour on this machine, so that too is worth a shot.
Combine the workouts with extremely rigorous diet, and it might work. However, there are two problems with this plan. I hate to workout and I love to eat.

We''ll see how it goes. Any words of encouragement, wisdom, guidance, assistance, help (!) are welcome.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
IDOC,

Be very mindful of your health habits over the next several weeks, eat right and exercise, and when the time comes to be measured purchase a dress that fits you that day and have it taken in if you lose more weight between that day and the wedding. Buying a dress that doesn''t fit in hopes that it will is only going to cause undue frustration.

Edit: off topic.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Buy the size that you wear NOW - you can always get the dress taken in before the wedding if you lose the weight.

I was the maid of honor in a wedding a few months ago, and the bride was furious at two bridesmaids who ordered their dresses at smaller, "aspirational" sizes, and then couldn''t fit into thir bridesmaid dresses at the wedding. I told them to order their current size, because the dresses could always be taken in, but they ordered smaller sizes, so they would be "inspired" to lose weight for the wedding. They didn''t, and one of them actually bowed out of the wedding at the last minute. For the other, another bridesmaid offered to get her dress shortened to donate her excess fabric to the other bridesmaid who needed it to make her dress larger in the end.

The whole thing was a nightmare and a headache for the bride, and embarrassing for the bridesmaids. Just order what fits.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the advice. I tend to be a little hard on myself when it comes to the weight issue. I remember working with bridesmaids (even brides!) that could not fit into their dresses because they ordered too small, so yeah, I certainly won''t go down that road.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results