shape
carat
color
clarity

your first date...where did your hubby or bf take you? ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
was he a cheapo? flowers? nice dinner? fast food?

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Now that''s an amusing one.... my first date with my husband was a walk around the golf course on camp here in Saudi Arabia. It was July 4, 2004 and the terrorism activity kept us confined to camp (which was totally depressing). We had a glass of fruit cordial when we got back home. So, I was a cheap date...but not anymore!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Well, our FIRST first date (we''ve dated twice about 7 years apart) he picked me up at work adn took me to see 7 Years in Tibet (which I call 7 Years in the Theater), in which I promptly fell asleep. 7 Years later our next first date is a dinner for my birthday and a small concert (my friend was playing in a band at the time). Actually, that''s incorrect. Our REAL second first date (are you following me?) was him picking up my friend and I, and her complaining the whole night. We dropped her off, and I promised him we''d go out again-without her. He put up with a lot, that man.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a fun thread. We were in college when we met so dinner was never a prereq
2.gif
Our first date he took me to a party. He did buy me a six pack of Mike''s Hard Lemonade. So that probably set him back $8.00. Actually, funny story, our college was in a college towns so there was a local "townie" there who was probably in his 50s and very drunk, possibly stoned, he offered to marry us because he was an "ordained minister" and even was generous enough to suggest we use the band on his cigar as my "ring." Needless to say we did not take him up on it but who knew that we would be getting married 5.5 years later. Second date was to the movies to see "blow."

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
We were poor college students. We went to an on campus place to dance and drink beer. He''s more than made up for it over the years. Something like our 3rd date was dinner at a real restaurant. After 25 years of marriage he still gives me flowers, candy, notes, etc. Our first date wasn''t about impressing anyone, but about having fun and getting to know each other.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... In college we were part of the same group of friends so we went out a lot with them. Our first just us date was to see a band called The Slackers at a local bar. It was my thank you from him for helping him out when his car died. It was such a big deal because we had broken up and not seen each other for about a year. Best night of my life EVER.

For Christmas, the same band was playing in DC, so i got us tickets and we got to relive our first date all over again. We joked that he should go up and say something to the band about the "mess" they had gotten him into AKA marrying me!
9.gif
Best night of my life all over again!

ETA: I forgot to say that we went dutch because neither of us had money! We always split everything in college and it never bugged me. I didnt have money to pay for him, why should i expect him to have money for me?

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha, I''m a cheap date. I went to his house and we went to O''Charley''s for dinner. I had soup. He had an actual dinner. Then, he drove me to a local pool hall that I liked to go to. We played a few games and got to know each other. I paid for my beers, he paid for his. Then we went to a Children''s Memorial downtown on a pier and spent the rest of the night talking and looking at the bay. Total spent on his part: maybe 20 bucks at the most. LOL.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Our first date was at a hockey game in New Jersey. We met on the internet, and I wasn’t about to get in a car with ha stranger...
..... until he said he had tickets to this game – I promptly gave him my address and let him pick me up.

Pretty stupid, right? But thankfully he did not car jack me or kill me. But I wouldn’t recommend letting a stranger pick you up in their car…

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dinner in Half Moon Bay...
5.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
He came to pick me up at my apartment, with a single flower (A rose I think) and we went to my cute little downtown area and had dinner, went to the park and then went to the bar for a couple drinks. Most of the time we talked about our EX''s.
20.gif
Turned out we had broken up with our so-not-SO on the exact same day 4 months before.

6 months later we went on our 2nd date!
4.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
UGH!! I hate telling this story because I come out looking so bad in the end
14.gif

Okay, three years ago I was waitressing at Denny''s and this guy kept coming in and he was such a pest. I was seeing someone at the time but this guy just kept on and on. Fast forward a couple of months to Valentine''s Day 2003.(Yeah I know cheesy already) I had broken things off with ''E'' and ''A''(who I am with now) came in and asked me out for that night. I had a really crappy day and was fighting a UTI
32.gif
and all I wanted to do was go home and sleep. I said ''maybe if I feel like it later'' having little or no intention of following through. Since he never took no for an answer I figured this would prevent him from calling and interrupting my sleep. Wrong!! I got home and laid down and my neice and my 2 daughters wanted to use my cell phone and car. It seems my neices BF and oldest daughters BF plus a friend of my neices BF were AWOL and they wanted to go STALK them. Youngest daughter went along for the ride. Well, ''A'' constantly called my phone which I didn''t have and they told him the situation but he persisted. The evening came to a boil when my neice, her friend , my 2 daughters and yet another friend who was having man problems came home, shortly followed by all the AWOL men, one after another. Since ''E'' my ex was a friend of the guys he figured he''d bless me with his presence
38.gif
I was not a happy camper. I was tired and hurting and had 4 couples fighting in my living room and front yard and my ex trying to ''celebrate'' V Day with me. I finally went off and threw every one out and after they left I got a call from ''A'' who was mad that I''d ''stood him up''. As I was talking to him I noticed my tip money ($51.00) was missing off my night stand!!! ''E'' had robbed me
29.gif

So now I have to hear how I stood my BF up and I wouldn''t have gotten jacked on Valentine''s Day if I had just went out with him.
20.gif
Anyway, I went to his house and we sat in the car talking and he gave me a box of candy. We didn''t even kiss til 6 weeks later. That was our 1st date. See why I hate this story.
14.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We were in college and met at a party. He took me out for dinner the next night and the rest is history.
1.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread!

I met my FI through my little sister, who hit on him at a bar. Swear it is true...when she found out how old he was, she set us up.

Our first date...are you ready for this? We watched Memento on his lap top because he didn''t own a tv. And we were sitting on a blow up, cow print couch that made farty noises if you moved while you were sitting on it. And then we went and got a beer.

Why did I see him again, you might ask? Well...he''s the nicest person I''ve ever met AND I happen to think he is Hot hot hot AND he''s a computer geek that moved here from Holland about two years before we started dating and just never really made himself permanent ..you know, by owning real furniture or a t.v.

I am happy to report that we happily engaged and own TWO couches as well as an overstuffed armchair. And THREE t.v.s!

rfath

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure which part to count as our first date, since I, uh.. met him online and flew out to meet him one weekend. Since I was a poor college student I stayed in his apartment with him (and 10 fellow online friends from the area). We were alone for dinner one night of that weekend; he cooked me dinner at his parents'' house (they were living in their vacation home for the summer). Very sweet of him, though he was *so* nervous and his dog-since-he-was-9 years old was quite suspicious and SURE that she was the only girl in his life. She spent the evening trying to shove me away from him while glaring at me .

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure either what counts as our first date. The first time he asked me to lunch, but I was positive it wasn''t for lunch because I figured lunch=friends, so I invited 3 other people whom we''d worked together with to come. He thought it meant I was interested (and I had no idea it was a date), but luckily he persevered, and asked me to dinner and a movie. I chose Napoleon Dynamite, and only recently did I find out he''d already seen it, but didn''t want to tell me, so he pretended like he''d never seen it before.

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
We saw "The Mummy" and went to Starbucks afterwards. (afternoon date)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 1:12:08 PM
Author: treysar
Our first date was at a hockey game in New Jersey. We met on the internet, and I wasn’t about to get in a car with ha stranger...
..... until he said he had tickets to this game – I promptly gave him my address and let him pick me up.

Pretty stupid, right? But thankfully he did not car jack me or kill me. But I wouldn’t recommend letting a stranger pick you up in their car…
For Devils tickets, esp. good seats, I could see reason floating out the window.
1.gif

We went out for dinner and then to a club in SF. Afterwards, we went to Treasure Island to watch the lights on the Bay Bridge and the SF skyline.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 3:59:39 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 2/8/2006 1:12:08 PM
Author: treysar

For Devils tickets, esp. good seats, I could see reason floating out the window.
1.gif
I second that!!
36.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 12:33:04 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
This is a fun thread. We were in college when we met so dinner was never a prereq
2.gif
Our first date he took me to a party. He did buy me a six pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade. So that probably set him back $8.00. Actually, funny story, our college was in a college towns so there was a local 'townie' there who was probably in his 50s and very drunk, possibly stoned, he offered to marry us because he was an 'ordained minister' and even was generous enough to suggest we use the band on his cigar as my 'ring.' Needless to say we did not take him up on it but who knew that we would be getting married 5.5 years later. Second date was to the movies to see 'blow.'
That's funny. My friends set my FI and I up..unbeknownst to me. I love English bulldogs and as FI and I were talking shortly after we met, he says while petting my friends dog 'one day I'm going to have an English Bulldog' My friend and I looked at each other and said 'did J (her now husband) tell you to say that???' I then added 'OMG, I'm going to marry you!' At the time, I had no interest in dating him...little did I know fast forward 1.5 years later we'd be engaged!!!!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Our first date was actually a double date with his roommate and my girlfriend who had introduced us. He took me out to dinner and then to the comedy club located above the restaurant.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I love these kind of topics...

FI and I met at a dance club in SF and he got my number....

For our first date he took me out to a local italian place in Berkeley for dinner, neither of us can remember the name of the restuarant. I was in the middle of studying for finals and was NOT a very good conversationalist... he always reminds me of that. I like to remind him when I met him that night w/his glasses on and normal clothes (he managed to get his contacts in the night I met him at the club... it takes him about an hour to get them in I found out later) and he picked me up in his old nissan maxima that I didn''t exactly swoon at first sight...
9.gif
then again, I was in jeans and a sweatshirt w/no makeup so I''m sure he was bowled over too....
2.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Our first date was on New Year Eve of 2002 (is that right? it was Dec 31, 2001). He drove up from L.A. to the Bay Area to visit his friend for the weekend and decided to take me on a date. I took him to Isobune (floating boat sushi restaurant) in Berkeley, but he did pay and he keeps bringing up the fact that I didn't offer to pay (well I guess I am a little traditional in the sense that I never offer to pay on the first date - second date is a different story). I also thought we had good conversations. He later told me he thought I was quiet but since I was laughing at all his jokes, he thought I was one cool chick.

When we went back to his car, he gave me 5 red roses in a straw purse(yeah it's an odd number, but it was a sweet story). He got there the day before NYE and he visited his friend in Sacramento. The day of NYE he drove from Sacramento to Pleasanton where he was staying after our date. He didn't know the area around Pleasanton, so he drove around looking for a flower shop to get some flowers. He finally found one, but all they had left was 5 red roses so he got them. And in an attempt to dress them up, he bought a little straw purse at the mall and put the roses in it. It was so cute.

After that we went to meet up with my friends and went to NYE party, which looking back was not worth the 150 he paid. My friends abandoned us at the party and we ended up just hanging out by ourselves. Then the count down came, we had our first kiss and the rest is history. I guess that would make me an expensive date and one lucky lady.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Our first "date" was on my 18th birthday; he was 21. At that point we had known each other for five months and were seeing each other as friends. Where I'm from 18 is the age of majority, so he took me to a nice restaurant and everything. We hadn't discussed who would pay for what and I assumed I'd pay for my own dinner (silly me
20.gif
) and I indulged a little. The waitress came back with one check and I stared at her: "One check??" She looked very uncomfortable and then my SO grabbed the check and paid. Now I was uncomfortable, but he said it was fine. He was really sweet. We'd planned on going to the movies after, but nothing good was playing, so we rented a movie and went back to my parents' place.

Our first date as a couple was four months later. We went to the water park and had a lot of fun!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wife said... i took her to KFC for lunch on our first date but,i don''t remember
20.gif
she told our daughters that i was a cheapo.
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I slept right thru the first "date" with my wifey2b and didn't show up.
In my defense I was sicker than all get out and should have been in the hospital and couldn't make it downstairs to the computer.

Our first in person "date" was at a restaurant near her house it was too funny.
We were joking that we should order one Pepsi two straws which had been a long time standing joke with us.
The waitress came over and took our order and when we said Pepsi she said one glass or 2. LOL
We got 2 but put 2 straws in one and shared :}

Later we went out to eat with her parents and the waitress said something like what will your husband have to wifey2b and her dad growled he isn't that, the waitress said ok what will your boyfriend have and her dad growled he is not that either!
LOL

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
if i''m remembering correctly, it was indian food at Pasand and then Blakes on Telegraph in Berkeley. medium cheap? lol.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2006 4:53:53 PM
Author: flopkins
I love these kind of topics...

FI and I met at a dance club in SF and he got my number....

For our first date he took me out to a local italian place in Berkeley for dinner, neither of us can remember the name of the restuarant. I was in the middle of studying for finals and was NOT a very good conversationalist... he always reminds me of that. I like to remind him when I met him that night w/his glasses on and normal clothes (he managed to get his contacts in the night I met him at the club... it takes him about an hour to get them in I found out later) and he picked me up in his old nissan maxima that I didn''t exactly swoon at first sight...
9.gif
then again, I was in jeans and a sweatshirt w/no makeup so I''m sure he was bowled over too....
2.gif
23.gif
my ABC grandma in jeans? show me some legs.
30.gif
31.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
We met (in a bar) while my girlfriend''s and I were partying after college graduation and he was in Canada with the US Navy! My friend liked him and I kept telling her to go for it because he just wasn''t my type at alll! But, he was really sweet and persistant and just wouldn''t leave me alone. We were great friends by the end of the night, and we kissed goodnight and goodbye! But, he told me that he was going to send me a plane ticket to come see him in Boston on his next leave. I thought he was full of it, but Fedex came knocking on my door a few weeks later with a plane ticket!

So, I suppose our first "real" date was him picking me up at the airport.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2006 12:16:45 PM
Author: MiniMouse
Now that''s an amusing one.... my first date with my husband was a walk around the golf course on camp here in Saudi Arabia. It was July 4, 2004 and the terrorism activity kept us confined to camp (which was totally depressing). We had a glass of fruit cordial when we got back home. So, I was a cheap date...but not anymore!
MM
LOL....too late now.
9.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
We went to see ''Silence of the Lambs'' at the Odeon in Leicester Square.

Hardly the most romantic of movies....LOL

Blod
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results