shape
carat
color
clarity

why do women need more than one handbag?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:confused: ...Do you carry one on each hand?.. :bigsmile:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It all depends on where you are going and what you are carrying.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are fashion accessories for many of us. Like shoes and diamonds. Variety is the spice of life and as long as I stay with my one and only (dh) to love and share my life with I think that saying is very true.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1388189639|3581547 said:
:confused: ...Do you carry one on each hand?.. :bigsmile:
Same reason you need more than one fancy watch.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie|1388189802|3581548 said:

This. I wouldn't carry the same one for a weekend away that I would for a evening out or running errands. My sister only has one, a black clutch. Do you wear the same watch to the grocery store that you wear when going out for a nice meal with your friends? My DH doesn't.

My sister has one purse, a black clutch with pockets like a wallet. It holds her phone, money, cards, and keys. It works for her, but anything else she has to carry in her other, and only, free hand. Hot summer and need to carry a bottle of water? Or picking up the dog and need to carry his treats? She likes it, but I find that I can't do it. I have 4 bags. A large bag that holds my laptop, cardigan, water bottle, wallet, keys, and folded up cloth shopping bag. A smaller everyday one that fits my wallet, kindle, keys and little writing pad perfectly. A large wallet that I use as my sister uses her clutch, and the 4th is black silk clutch for evening wear.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
We don't *need* them, per se, but that doesn't stop us from wanting them. :Up_to_something:

Like Maisie said, it depends on the occasion. I carry a large bag most days, but if I'm going out for the evening I carry a smaller one.

And, like Missy said, they're fashion accessories like diamonds and shoes. Handbags also go in and out of style, so a bag I carried 2 years ago may not be in style this year. Also, a handbag is something I carry every day, and at some point, like shoes, they wear out, and you need a new one. I usually get a new designer bag every 1-2 years.

These reasonings work well for me when I want a new bag because DH collects guitars. He can never ask "Why do you need another one?" because I could retort with the same question. :wink2: Although, he has WAY more guitars than I have handbags.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea|1388191340|3581564 said:

Do you wear the same watch to the grocery store that you wear when going out for a nice meal with your friends? My DH doesn't.
Yes :!: .. :tongue:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To match different outfits of course!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1388199505|3581622 said:
To match different outfits of course!

This! Same as asking "why do you need more than one pair of shoes?" Sure you don't NEEEEEED them, but it's nice to match what you're wearing (dressy/casual, black/brown, etcetera.)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep one for my sex toys, and one for my overflowing wallet of cash. :wink2:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do men need more than one watch? Really, do you wear one on each wrist?

Because we can. Because they are fun. Because we love nice leather. Because some even have bling on them, or at least shiny metal. Because they make an outfit better.

blondie~

Rough_Rock
I've downsized my collection considerably. I continue to 'weed my garden'. I can't state any one reason why I had so many. 'just because' seems to cover it.

I will say, it is easier to sell a handbag than jewelry. At least in my experience.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1388202840|3581665 said:
I keep one for my sex toys, and one for my overflowing wallet of cash. :wink2:
The BIGGER size bag is for sex toys? :Up_to_something:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1388242717|3581855 said:
Why do men need more than one watch? Really, do you wear one on each wrist?
I only own 5 watches compared to some of the guys on watch forums that ain't nothing... :oops: there are a few member whom owns over 100 pieces... :wacko:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
No one needs more than one handbag, but they may want more than one. Personally, I collect handbags and shoes and I get a lot of joy out of it.

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
Different occasions
Different outfits
Different number of things to carry
Different fashion trends
Different seasons

Mainly because we love them.....

I personally have 13 !!!! Haha. My hubby doesn't understand either

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
I sometimes ask myself this when I am looking for a receipt or lipstick or something and can't remember which bag I used on said occasion!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One is never enough =)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

Yep. Different occasions.

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I travel with variations of the following: Personal items & money, personal computer, work computer, tablet computer, work phone, personal phone, shoes (for when it's snowy and I need boots), work papers (sometimes big piles), notepad, water, and food. I have bags for numerous combinations, as do my male colleagues.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I usually only have one at a time, and when it gets old I get a new one. Actually, I guess I have two at a time- one big and one small. But I just got two for Christmas (a Coach and Kate Spade) so now I will get to switch back and forth. Tough problem to have.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF,
I don't have any. I own 5 watches but never wear them either. :cheeky:

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Every woman I know has a basic every-day bag for the winter, and one for the summer. Then we have the fancier ones for going out (wouldn't use the same daily use bag for a special evening out like a cocktail party or wedding), cute cheap funky ones for being out with the kids in summer...they're fashion accessories!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Winks_Elf|1388538522|3584147 said:
Every woman I know has a basic every-day bag for the winter, and one for the summer. Then we have the fancier ones for going out (wouldn't use the same daily use bag for a special evening out like a cocktail party or wedding), cute cheap funky ones for being out with the kids in summer...they're fashion accessories!

Exactly. I am not a purse collector nor do I have the patience to change purses everyday! I am carrying a black leather Coach purse for the winter and last summer I happened to use a Coach fabric bag in a taupe color. I have a little black bag for the very rare occasions that I dress up, and I have a couple of cross body bags for travel. I'll use my summer and winter bags for one or two years (if they still look really good), and then I get a new one and donate the old ones.

I'd rather spend my extra money on jewelry and watches, to be honest.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1388502561|3583751 said:
DF,
I don't have any. I own 5 watches but never wear them either. :cheeky:
:wacko: :lol:

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I buy the same purse but in different colors.

My friend buys two of the same purse (same color)
before she even allows herself to use them.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I had two but one squeaked (something to do with the leather strap rubbing on the metal ring it went through). The squeaker was put into the charity bin this morning, along with the annual after Christmas purge of clothing. I feel for the person who thinks they scored a bargain with this attractive and otherwise well made handbag - they're in for a slow torture. To answer the question - one handbag is going to do me just fine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results