shape
carat
color
clarity

When it rains it pours - Dogs AND Cats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh.
My friend just stopped over with her rescue dog.
We were in the backyard discussing our dog fencing plans for our rescue puppies.
We hear tiny little meows coming from under a bush.

Photos coming. . .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
They are Soooooooooooo CUTE!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, Kenny...where do you live, I''m on my way over!!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are on the way to the rescue place as I type this.
They will bottle feed them, fix them and hopefully find them homes.

They seem very fat and healthy.

If you are serious PM me in the next 30 minutes.
I can call the person delivering them to meet you somewhere if we live in your area.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry they are gone.
They have just been accepted by a rescue organizaion.

They will finish weaning them, get them used to humans, fix them, give them shots, get them to a vet and find homes for them.

They are very healthy, young and cute.
They will get good care now.
I'm sure they will be fine.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
how cute they are! did you find mama too?
hopefully they will all go to good homes
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
how cute..i am not a cat person, horribly allergic, but a cuddly kitten is just as good as a cuddly puppy. well except for the allergy thing!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kenny,
I think they are soooo cute, and am so thankful that you got them to a rescue organization!!! Hopefully they will find good homes. Where was the mama kitty?????

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont know who or where the mama was.
The kittens were very well fed so she isn''t far, but I haven''t seen her - but I AM busy installing a vinyl floor in my kitchen today.

I probably should drop what I am doing and dedicate the rest of the day, and a few days to catching her and fixing her.
But I''m busy.
At least I stopped 4 of her offspring from breeding or being killed by the crows.

I will keep an eye out and consider trapping her though.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
So absolutely adorable! The last one looks like a little mini Scotty (my buff tabby).... Bless your heart Kenny. !!!!!
Even if you can't find mama, you've done her a huge favor..feeding and caring for kitties is a huge burden...
emcat.gif

And it cracks me up how they are all completely different...black to buff LOL

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
oops! I had to go to church, and I missed the kitties! They were so cute. I would have taken them in a heart beat! But I''m glad to know you found somewhere that would take them. I''m thinking they will find homes in no time at all!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
OMG--what adorable kitties...Thank Goodness YOU found them and have helped them on their way to loving homes.
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OHMIGOD Kenny--you WERE busy today! Great work getting the kitties to the shelter--and your floor too! The pics of their faces and toes are adorable!!!

cheers--Sharon

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
moremoremore said "And it cracks me up how they are all completely different...black to buff LOL "

Can the kittens within the same litter be from different dadies?

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
THey are sooo cute!!! We found some baby kitties a few years ago...someone left them in a box BEHIND THE TIRE OF A PARKED CAR. I shudder to think what would have happened if we hadn''t found them and the owner of the car didn''t notice.

We thought about taking them the local pound (we didn''t know any other place to call) warned us if they weren''t adopted in two weeks they would put them to sleep. We were so upset to hear that we decided not to hand them over. We were med students and knew we didn''t have the time to keep them, but we figured we would find some way to work things out. So we took the to Petsmart vet, who told us they were two weeks old, showed us how to bottlefeed them, how to wean them, how to teach them to use the litter box --> all for free. DIdn''t charge us. Can''t say enough how great that palce is! So we fed them, weaned them, wiped their tiny kitty tushies and found a couple to adopt them when they were 4 months old. THey are now fat little princesses,but i prefer to remember the when they still fit in the palms of my hands! Oh here are pics of my babies while we still had them.

babykittycoll.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
What are you saying Kenny, she''s a HO? LOL :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOL MMM, I HAVE been hearing a lot of those long cat moans outside my house at night.

But seriously, I thinkthere are animals that can give birth to offspring from more than one father.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Kenny, it is possible for a cat to become pregnant by more than one cat at a time, and have kittens with different fathers in the same litter. It''s called superfecundity. It''s actually pretty commone with cats, because often cats will mate with more than one male when they are in heat. That''s why it''s really improtant not to let a female cat roam when she''s in heat (better yet, have her spayed). It''s also possible for the same thing to happen with humans! Very rare, but possible!
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2005 11:40:36 AM
Author: sjz
Kenny, it is possible for a cat to become pregnant by more than one cat at a time, and have kittens with different fathers in the same litter. It''s called superfecundity. It''s actually pretty commone with cats, because often cats will mate with more than one male when they are in heat. That''s why it''s really improtant not to let a female cat roam when she''s in heat (better yet, have her spayed). It''s also possible for the same thing to happen with humans! Very rare, but possible!
2.gif
What about dogs, sjz? I swear Oliver''s father must be different than his brother''s father.
1.gif

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
I just love them!!!! That little gray one looking at the camera is such a doll! Sure glad an animal lover like you found them Kenny. Some people wouldn''t have cared. Thanks for sharing pics of them!
face23.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, they are SOOO FREAKIN'' CUTE!!!

And NOW I finally know where Ginger''s old avatar came from... :)

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Kenny, those kittens are ADORABLE!!! too cute!
I can''t imagine them staying in the shelter too long, how could anyone pass those up?
Do you think the cat you''ve been hearing is the mom calling for her kittens? That is sad
8.gif
but ultimately if they''re not on the streets that is better

And yes, cats can have different fathers and be from the same litter. I think I posted my Kishu and his sister Ally on the No Dogs Allowed thread and they look totally different, Ally is beautiful solid grey, sleek & slender, and then mine has marbleish tabby markins and has a very husky athletic build. They don''t look related at all.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/22/2005 11:42:33 AM
Author: Patty

Date: 8/22/2005 11:40:36 AM
Author: sjz
2.gif
What about dogs, sjz? I swear Oliver''s father must be different than his brother''s father.
1.gif

I would think it''s possible with almost any animal. I think the reason it''s just so much more common with cats is because there are just a lot more stray cats running around than stray dogs. I know a woman who breeds dogs, and when her female is in heat, and she wants to do a selective breeding with a particular stud, she sort of "sequesters" her female dog until she''s bred with the selected mate and doesn''t allow her to come in contact with any other dogs until she''s sure than the dog is no longer in heat.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results