shape
carat
color
clarity

What will I do if Insurance won't cover lost ring.......

teddybearmommy

Rough_Rock
accck. This has been such an emotional week and a half. If you remember I posted before, I had just insured my new upgraded ER days before it was lost. It looked pretty suspicious because I had the ring for months but only got around to insuring it when I was in town for my dads b-day (we live in a different town about 30-45 minutes away) Depending on which day the insurance kicked in, when I called to tell them I wanted to insure the ring and find out what papers I needed to provide them or the next day when I actually dropped the papers off the ring was insured for a whole 5 or 6 days before it was lost. I was concerned I wouldn't be covered at all, but was relieved to find out that coverage is pretty much immediate. So I have been honestly answering the claims adjusters questions to the best of my abilities and being open as I can about everything. I thought it was a done deal, and they were just collecting all the info, you know dotting there "i's" crossing their "t's". then after our last conversation yesterday the adjuster told me yesterday that I should know today whether or not they would accept or deny my claim. I was speechless. I had provided everything they asked for, pictures, appraisal etc. she said the issue is the timing.

I am just sick because, that is all my fault and my own procrastination!! My Dh was so proud to buy me that ring and without the insurance settlement we probably won't be replacing it any time soon. Today will be a long day waiting for the phone to ring. I hope and pray I am worrying for no reason. But I can't help but worry that they never once asked for my receipt? The had my copy of the appraisal, they had me have the jeweler fax a copy of the appraisal, they wanted pictures, but not one word about the receipt, I even mentioned twice that I had it.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry. What a stressful thing to go through. I hope that they cover it and that you hear soon. I wouldn't worry about the lack of interest in the receipt. I don't think they pay attention to anything other than the appraisal and their own numbers.

teddybearmommy

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I'm just going crazy waiting. I keep going back and forth about calling to see if they have reached a decision. I just want all this settled and put behind me.

teddybearmommy

Rough_Rock
I will let you know, It's 1pm here and they still haven't called, I'm thinking of calling soon, for my own peace of mind. Heck the claims lady may have already left she works a lot of half days.

teddybearmommy

Rough_Rock
YEAH, Yeah, yeah....... just talked to the claims person and it was approved. They are mailing me a check for $11,000 so I don't even have to go through their jewelers or anything whew, PSA of the day, do not drag your feet on getting your jewerly insured!!

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
What a relief that they did end up covering it!!! A scary thing to go through, I'm sure.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thank goodness!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh thank goodness! I am so relieved for you! Will you replace it with an identical ring (or as close to as possible)?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad it all worked out!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yaaayyy!!! What great news! Wait till your little elf grows up & hears what he flushed down the john!!

--- Laurie

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew, what a relief. I'm glad everything worked out for you. Will you replace the lost ring with the same type of ring or something different?

teddybearmommy

Rough_Rock
I honestly don't know what I will replace it with. I'm a little torn. I loved my old ring, but not sure I want to be stuck with trying to recreate it and not getting it just right. I liked so many different styles when were shopping for an upgrade that I'm a little nervous and excited at the same time. Dh likes the simple solitaire look. I originally wanted a three stone ring since I have a size 7 finger and like a lot of finger coverage. I also love the look of a simple halo, while Dh thinks isn't a big fan. Can you tell that it took a lot of compromise to find my first ring!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad that they approved the claim! Have fun choosing a new ring!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wonderful news! With money in hand, you have time to think and shop for what you really want.

So glad to hear this!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
WHEW TeddyeBear. I'm glad you have it covered. Well, good luck in shopping. Of course this means more pictures right... :) And I agree with JewelFreak. This will be a funny story for him when he gets older... :)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you were covered. I lost my diamond pendant necklace a few months ago and it was very nerve racking to wait for the claims people to call back to see if I would get paid or not. They make the whole thing a very scary process sometimes.

teddybearmommy

Rough_Rock
You hit it on the head, it was scary and I felt so guilty because I left it where Ds could reach it, that I was afraid they were going to read that guilt as GUILT, but I am also the same kind of person who starts shaking when I get pulled over for speeding. I don't like to do anything wrong. When they were passing out the bad A$$ genes, they forgot mine.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
That was so fortunate for you guys, but it was a pretty close call. I thought there would be more red tape and I'm glad for your sake there wasn't.

I hope you get your cheque soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results