shape
carat
color
clarity

What songs/lyrics are meaningful to you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock

What songs/lyrics, if any, have had an impact on your life. Not just the song you and your SO consider "yours" (ETA: of course those songs count too!) but songs that got you through rough times, or that bring back great memories, etc.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Josh Groban's To where you are, has gotten me through some tough times in loosing my dear friend Wayne and my Nanny. Lately am loving Snow Patrol, don't have one favorite song, I enjoy their lyrics a lot.

sera

Ideal_Rock
I love music so I have a number of meaningful songs for all sorts of reasons. But my current "most" meaningful (and current ringtone on my cell) became my #1 about 4 years ago or so I was going through the absolutely worst and most painful time in my life... I was standing on the peak on a mountain of crap... I was at one of our youth camps as a counselor and our theme song for camp was "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley (a version of "Don''t Worry, Be Happy"). It just "fit," ya know? Life can suck at times but it will be alright... hope amidst the crap. And it was cool because the kids were there for me like I have been there for them.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is If I Had Only Known by
Reba McIntyre

If I had only known
It was the last walk in the rain
I''d keep you out for hours in the storm
I would hold your hand
Like a lifeline to my heart
Underneath the thunder we''d be warm
If I had only known
It was our last walk in the rain
If I had only known
I''d never hear your voice again
I''d memorize each thing you ever said
And on those lonely nights
I could think of them once more
Keep your words alive inside my head
If I had only know
I''d never hear your voice again
You were the treasure in my hand
You were the one who always stood beside me
So unaware I foolishly believed
That you would always be there
But then there came a day
And I turned my head and you slipped away
If I had only known
It was my last night by your side
I''d pray a miracle would stop the dawn
And when you''d smile at me
I would look into your eyes
And make sure you knew my love
For you goes on and on
If I had only known
If I had only known
The love I would''ve shown
If I had only known

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 4:33:04 PM
Author: sera
I love music so I have a number of meaningful songs for all sorts of reasons. But my current ''most'' meaningful (and current ringtone on my cell) became my #1 about 4 years ago or so I was going through the absolutely worst and most painful time in my life... I was standing on the peak on a mountain of crap... I was at one of our youth camps as a counselor and our theme song for camp was ''Three Little Birds'' by Bob Marley (a version of ''Don''t Worry, Be Happy''). It just ''fit,'' ya know? Life can suck at times but it will be alright... hope amidst the crap. And it was cool because the kids were there for me like I have been there for them.
Sera,

About 17 years ago my cousin, T, fell while hopping an 8'' fence on his way to play basketball; he hit his head and was in a coma for over a week. The doctors told his parents it was hopeless and that they should pull the plug, so to speak. They refused to do so. His older brother brought in a recording of that Bob Marley song and played it repeatedly. He woke up (another of my cousins, G, was visiting T and told him "you have to wake up so I can kick your a** at a game of basketball" and T opened his eyes), spent a lot of time in rehab, graduated from a prestigious college with honors, went on to marry and have a family and become quite successful in his career. Pretty amazing for a guy who was never to supposed to be more than a vegetable. That song always makes me think of T and all he''s overcome. Such a champion.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
The song that always plays in my mind when I'm stressed or upset, is something my grandma used to sing during tough times. I'm not super-religious, but the lyrics are simple and the message just makes sense to me. And when I close my eyes and hear my grandma's voice in my head, I ALWAYS feel better
4.gif
:

I'm only human, I'm just a woman,
Help me believe in what I could be
And all that I am,
Show me the stairway I have to climb,
Lord for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time.

Chorus:
One day at a time, sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking from you.
Just give me the strength
To do everyday what I have to do.
Yesterday's gone, sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine.
Lord help me today, show me the way
One day at a time.

Do you remember when you walked among men?
Well Jesus you know, if you're looking below,
It's worse now than then.
Cheating and stealing, violence and crime.
So for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time.
12.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I can''t listen to this one without tearing up. I think it''s called "100 Years" by Five for Fighting. Life really is so fleeting and as I watch my kids grow up so slowly and at the same time so fast, it''s very bittersweet. I sometimes feel like my life is one calendar and the pages are turning faster every day.

Okay, that''s enough maudlin for one day!!!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 4:44:13 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Date: 8/15/2007 4:33:04 PM

Author: sera

I love music so I have a number of meaningful songs for all sorts of reasons. But my current ''most'' meaningful (and current ringtone on my cell) became my #1 about 4 years ago or so I was going through the absolutely worst and most painful time in my life... I was standing on the peak on a mountain of crap... I was at one of our youth camps as a counselor and our theme song for camp was ''Three Little Birds'' by Bob Marley (a version of ''Don''t Worry, Be Happy''). It just ''fit,'' ya know? Life can suck at times but it will be alright... hope amidst the crap. And it was cool because the kids were there for me like I have been there for them.

Sera,

About 17 years ago my cousin, T, fell while hopping an 8'' fence on his way to play basketball; he hit his head and was in a coma for over a week. The doctors told his parents it was hopeless and that they should pull the plug, so to speak. They refused to do so. His older brother brought in a recording of that Bob Marley song and played it repeatedly. He woke up (another of my cousins, G, was visiting T and told him ''you have to wake up so I can kick your a** at a game of basketball'' and T opened his eyes), spent a lot of time in rehab, graduated from a prestigious college with honors, went on to marry and have a family and become quite successful in his career. Pretty amazing for a guy who was never to supposed to be more than a vegetable. That song always makes me think of T and all he''s overcome. Such a champion.
Wow, awesome to hear that everything turned out more than alright!
1.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add the lyrics...

"Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"​

...of course we had to add in our Reggae accented proclamation, "Don't worry 'bout a ting, mon!" here and there.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear. For me it''s Don Henley''s "The Heart of the Matter" which spoke to me during the ups and downs of dating my first husband and then after my disastrous marriage with him. It really helped ground me and helped me let go when I needed to the most.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
going out too wifey2b!!

THE KEEPER OF THE STARS (Tracy Byrd)
It was no accident me finding you
Someone had a hand in it
Long before we ever knew
Now I just can''t believe you''re in my life
Heaven''s smilin'' down on me
As I look at you tonight
CHORUS:
I tip my hat to the keeper of the stars
He sure knew what he was doin''
When he joined these two hearts
I hold everything
When I hold you in my arms
I''ve got all I''ll ever need
Thanks to the keeper of the stars
Soft moonlight on your face oh how you shine
It takes my breath away
Just to look into your eyes
I know I don''t deserve a treasure like you
There really are no words
To show my gratitude

REPEAT CHORUS

It was no accident me finding you
Someone had a hand in it
Long before we ever knew

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you honey - now that you have me all teary-eyed...gosh...I am so sentimental lately...so true - it was no accident babe - love you sweetheart!!!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
When I was young and my father was sick and staying with his sister, the song from Poison ''Life goes On'' really touch me. Don''t know why, but it helped with a lot of the sadness.

On a lighter note....two songs come to mind when I think of hubby. Joe Satriani''s ''Always With Me, Always With You'' It has no words and is all guitar. And not a big fan of Van Halen but love the song ''When Its Love'' And I''m still waiting for hubby to finish the song he''s been writing for me. LOL. It''s been in progress for about 14 years now and he''s still not finished!
24.gif

And my favorite songs are Lynyrd Skynyrds ''Free Bird'' and Pink Floyds ''Comfortably Numb'' and Kiss ''Rock and Roll all Nite''

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results