shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm home this week and want to cook, so I'm hoping for some ideas.

I'm also torn about what to make for tonight. Options for tonight are:

Spicy Zucchini sandwiches with yogurt and whole wheat pita.

Fried Zucchini sandwiches with yogurt and whole wheat pita.

Onion Soup (which I would have to leave the house and go buy Gruyere for, so I'm disinclined).

We aren't vegetarians, but like to do a few nights of meatless a week.

I could do pasta tonight too, we haven't had that in forever. Hmm.

What for dinner tonight guys?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had TJ's spinach pizza and salad for dinner tonight.
3.gif
Meal ideas: anything from Trader Joe's or Costco is easy for me; I love TJ's spinach pie! I need to try their meatless Shepherd's pie next (it is in my freezer). Their Italian Tomato Sauce Gnocchi is good too! Boca burger on a TJ's Naan is yummy and effortless. I love costco whole rotisserie chicken and sandwiches.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I had beef, bell peppers, onions and garlic with whole wheat couscous. Mmmmmmm...

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Pfff---

Dinner tonight?
So far, a glass of Dirty Girl wine with watermelon chunks in it!!
An open bag of tortilla chips, dang no guacomole.(sp)

But there is homemade potato au gratin and a wonderful grilled pork
tenderloin in the frig.

I just have to make myself get up and warm it up!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I made stuffed chicken breast sandwiches with mixed veggies in cheddar cheese.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 9:13:32 PM
Author: strmrdr
Yum, yay for cooking for Wifey, Storm!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Dinner tonight is shredded beef tacos with homemade salsa (sorta). A salad of iceberg lettuce, cabbage, cilantro, onions, red peppers, green peppers. Mexican rice - or maybe just white rice with lime...I haven''t decided yet. We''ll see how motivated I am. Speaking of which, I have to go make it now! I hope I have enough Tequilla for margaritas!

Another easy idea I would suggest is baking or grilling quite a few chicken breasts, chopping them up and keeping them in the fridge. That way when it''s dinner time you have an easy protein to add to salads, pasta, pizza, just about anything.

Your spicy zucchini sandwiches sound delish! How do you dook the zucchini? I''d love the recipe. We don''t go vegetarian for dinner very often, but, I frequently do for lunch.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
We had fajitas (chicken) tonight with rice, beans, and corn. YUMM-O!!!!
2.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
We''re taking it easy tonight and doing soup and grilled cheese--yum!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 8:50:11 PM
Author:Gypsy
I''m home this week and want to cook, so I''m hoping for some ideas.

I''m also torn about what to make for tonight. Options for tonight are:

Spicy Zucchini sandwiches with yogurt and whole wheat pita.

Fried Zucchini sandwiches with yogurt and whole wheat pita.

Onion Soup (which I would have to leave the house and go buy Gruyere for, so I''m disinclined).

We aren''t vegetarians, but like to do a few nights of meatless a week.

I could do pasta tonight too, we haven''t had that in forever. Hmm.

What for dinner tonight guys?
The spicy Zucchini sandwhiches with yogurt and whole wheat pita sounds yummy, so that gets my vote, healtheir than fried.

Storm, your dinner sounds delish.
18.gif

I had left over pork tenderloin with garlic baby spinach, and my son had left over pasta with chicken. He made a ton of it last night, it''s his signature meal. He''s a great cook. Hubby is out with clients, on a green golf course, so no dinner for him, LOL.
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummy! So many great ideas. I'm starved. Storm, your chicken made my mouth water!

Gonna pick up some pork tenderloin for this week too!

Miranda, I don't really have a recipe. I'm a 'fly by the seat of the pants' type of chef. But what I do is cut the zucchini up (yellow squash works just as well) into lengthwise slices that are fairly thin about 1/4 inch or a little thinner-- you can really cut them up anyway you like round slices work just as well but just make sure they aren't thin cause it will get too floppy and overcooked and not brown. 1/3 inch for round slices. I add extra virgin olive oil and crushed garlic to a hot pan and then a few seconds later add in the zucchini (sometimes I use shallots and onions too, if so I brown them before adding the garlic and zucchini), then I add turmeric, cumin, white pepper, red pepper flakes and some cayenne pepper to the zucchini once they've got some color on all sides and a small amount tomato sauce, lime juice, and some water (or broth, if you prefer) to give it a little sauce to mix all the dry ingredients up. I add salt stir it all up, then cook until the sauce really just coats the zucchini (nothing left in pan) and they have some nice color and are tender, but not overcooked. Then I either scoop them onto the toasted pitas gyro style or fill the pockets with them. My yogurt sauce has dried mint, cucumbers and garlic (salt and pepper) in it and I put it right on top. Oh, the whole time pretty much I'm on med-high heat.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Spaghetti today.

Tomorrow wont be so healthy: homemade macaroni & cheese, my own chicken nuggets which I bake & salad.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's a quick Zucchini side dish. Not sure about the caloric content, but we love it.

Sautee cut up zucchini in EVOO, add cut up fresh tomatoes, let it simmer for a bit. Then add fresh parmesian cheese at the end. So yummy.
18.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 9:45:39 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Here''s a quick Zucchini side dish. Not sure about the caloric content, but we love it.

Sautee cut up zucchini in EVOO, add cut up fresh tomatoes, let it simmer for a bit. Then add fresh parmesian cheese at the end. So yummy.
18.gif
Mmm. Yummy, I''ll have to try that! I love zucchini. I just bought a ton at the farmer''s market this weekend. And some fresh onions too, so I think I''m going to add that into the mix tonight too. I''m making the spicy zucchini.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 8:54:36 PM
Author: Skippy123
We had TJ's spinach pizza and salad for dinner tonight.
3.gif
Meal ideas: anything from Trader Joe's or Costco is easy for me; I love TJ's spinach pie! I need to try their meatless Shepherd's pie next (it is in my freezer). Their Italian Tomato Sauce Gnocchi is good too! Boca burger on a TJ's Naan is yummy and effortless. I love costco whole rotisserie chicken and sandwiches.

I love that spinach pizza! mmmmm

We're having a fish fry tonight. Battered Tilapia with malt vinegar, garlic mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob with lotsa butter. mmmmm

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Digiorno''s was on sale this week, so we had a thin crust spinach/mushroom/garlic pizza and salads tonight. We love zucchini too, I usually slice up a zucchini, yellow squash, green and red bell peppers, an onion, and button mushrooms and skewer them, then spray on EVOO and add seasonings then DH grills them. We have them over wild rice or sometimes linguine with lemon and butter and parmesan. It''s a nice little summertime dinner.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
It''s almost 8:15 p.m. and part of me is saying...Girrrrrrl, you already ate wayyyyy too much carnitas and tortilla strips at the bridal shower this weekend, just have a glass of wine and go to sleep.

The other part is saying...Hey, you thawed out that Tilipia for a reason. Saute it and put it on a bed of arugula...that isn''t a lot of calories.

I still don''t know which part of me will win....but reading your posts is making me want to go with Part No. 2.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 9:56:08 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 6/16/2008 8:54:36 PM
We had TJ''s spinach pizza and salad for dinner tonight.
3.gif
Meal ideas: anything from Trader Joe''s or Costco is easy for me; I love TJ''s spinach pie! I need to try their meatless Shepherd''s pie next (it is in my freezer). Their Italian Tomato Sauce Gnocchi is good too! Boca burger on a TJ''s Naan is yummy and effortless. I love costco whole rotisserie chicken and sandwiches.

I love that spinach pizza! mmmmm

We''re having a fish fry tonight. Battered Tilapia with malt vinegar, garlic mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob with lotsa butter. mmmmm
Coati, I will trade you a slice of pizza for your dinner. YUM Tilapia w/malt vinegar, I LOVE THAT, and garlic mashed potatoes; I am coming to your house for dinner next time
18.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 9:19:59 PM
Date: 6/16/2008 9:13:32 PM

Author: strmrdr

Yum, yay for cooking for Wifey, Storm!
I do most of the cooking when she is here, she is on a vacation not a workation.
She does do the dishes because I hate doing them so its a great trade off as I love to cook.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a bowl of Special K...yummy but not a healthy dinner! Oh well! Maybe tomorrow will be better...

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I just flossed the Tilipia out of my teeth. I really should show more restraint one month before the wedding. I have a dress to fit into darn it....

I have been having a love affair with Trader Joes''s thin crust Ham, carmelized onion and Gruyere cheese pizza thingee. The trouble is I can devour that bad boy all by myself. No bueno....

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Large mushrooms topped with sauteed zucchini, bacon, onion and olives and topped with 2% low fat plastic cheese and grilled in the oven. SO GOOD and apparently not that bad for you as it is really low in carbs :D.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results