shape
carat
color
clarity

What makes you happy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quick, right now, what are you happy about?

I spent the day with a friend (a fellow PSer) and we had a great time, having lunch, shopping, and chatting. The weather was beautiful and it was the perfect day. Right now, I''m hanging out with my FI -- well, sort of. I''m on PS and he''s playing NHL Hockey on his XBox. The cats are with us too, and one of them, Zoe, is keeping my feet warm. Music is playing and I''m just in a great mood.

What about you?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The snow we had today has melted.
20.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
This is a great thread--it's good to focus on positive things! What's making me happy right now is:

1. My dog is tuckered out. I took him to the Boston Common and THEN the dog park. He swam, played with some Great Danes and when we got home, I gave him a raw bone I got from the butcher. These are all of his favorite things, so I know he's a happy dog, which makes me happy.
2. I just finished making reservations for a surprise trip for my husband in a few weeks. I just so happen to be married to what I consider the most amazing man ever and for the past 7 years he's had to take several very difficult professional exams and lives on 4 hours a sleep per night for months. Anyway, next month is the LAST ONE and I really want to celebrate. The man loves surprises, so I'm excited to have something fun planned.
3. The weather. Spring makes me happy.
4. Pampering appts. I am not a very girly girl, but I decided to book an appt. for a facial and hair cut/color this week and I'm excited to do something pamper-ish.

Zoe, tell me more about your day!! Who did you see? Where did you guys go? Did you buy anything fun while you shopped??

Glad to hear you had a great day!!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I am happy about reading glasses, so that I can be happy about the fact that I don''t have to be anywhere, or do anything, and get to enjoy reading a book.
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 9:00:31 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
This is a great thread--it''s good to focus on positive things! What''s making me happy right now is:

1. My dog is tuckered out. I took him to the Boston Common and THEN the dog park. He swam, played with some Great Danes and when we got home, I gave him a raw bone I got from the butcher. These are all of his favorite things, so I know he''s a happy dog, which makes me happy.
2. I just finished making reservations for a surprise trip for my husband in a few weeks. I just so happen to be married to what I consider the most amazing man ever and for the past 7 years he''s had to take several very difficult professional exams and lives on 4 hours a sleep per night for months. Anyway, next month is the LAST ONE and I really want to celebrate. The man loves surprises, so I''m excited to have something fun planned.
3. The weather. Spring makes me happy.
4. Pampering appts. I am not a very girly girl, but I decided to book an appt. for a facial and hair cut/color this week and I''m excited to do something pamper-ish.

Zoe, tell me more about your day!! Who did you see? Where did you guys go? Did you buy anything fun while you shopped??

Glad to hear you had a great day!!
Thanks NEL! If we had a dog, that in and of itself would make me very happy, and I''d be so happy to hang out at the dog park for the day. My sister and her husband have a Chinook and they take him to the dog park all the time. They live in Portland, OR, though so I don''t get to go with them.

What trip are you planning for your husband? I think you might have mentioned it before but I can''t remember. I''d mention what I think it is but I''m not sure if he reads PS and I don''t want to ruin it. Feel free to share details if you want though.

It''s funny, I''m not a girly-girl either, but I was thinking of doing something spa-like over vacation (we''re on April vacation this week). I might look into it further.

I went to Alj''s and we went to a great Thai place for lunch. Then we went to a bunch of stores looking for a purse for me (well, the non-girly-girl version of a purse
3.gif
) and a few candle holders for Alj. No dice on either thing, though. Too bad. It was great to see her again. I''d be up for another PS get together -- maybe we should try to arrange one? It would be fun to see others from our NE group again.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
My kitties and playing soccer! I just got back from my game about half an hour ago and now I''m hanging out on the couch in the living room with my kitties.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
After a long and crazy weekend, FI and I decided to play hooky and call in sick on Monday =). Glad to hear you''re in a great mood, Zoe!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seeing my kids thrive and do well.

A gorgeous spring day with my dog having fun in the yard.

being with hubby on vacation just hanging out.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Going for a walk in my neighborhood while stopping to talk to neighbors.

Vacationing with my DH (Hawaii one of my favorite places).

Having barbecues in our wonderful backyard w/family and friends.

Sipping a glass of wine while relaxing w/dh after a long day.

Hiking somewhere with a great view of the city.

Reading a good book on the porch swing.

Gardening in the front yard; adding flowers to the pots.

Hearing my nephews cute little giggle.

Meeting friends for lunch or shopping.

Nice long workout with a nice hot shower afterward.

Having a nice big bowl of fruit (watermelon, strawberry's, kiwi or raspberry's)

Summertime (longer days)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any time I get to spend with BF.

This little guy.

IMG_0179sized.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this little guy. They can be absolutely adorable sometimes. Other times they are total terrors. But they are always entertaining and bring a smile to my face.

IMG_0155sized.jpg

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
My Odin. I love my other cat, but she is my FI''s baby where as Odin is my boy. He cried at me this morning because he wanted attention. I put him under the covers and he snuggled against me and purred. He stayed there for a really long time and I just will never understand why some people don''t like cats.

Spring. All the fruit trees are blooming. About half the trees in my part of town are fruit trees and the crowns are just filled with pink white and yellow and they all smell so good. Th big park in the city is very close and FI and I are going for a picnic tomorrow. We are going to sit under the fruit trees and look out on the lake and the pavilion. Then we will probably chase each other around the playground. It really does make me smile.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
After about 3 years (my dd is 3!), I went back to the gym today and actually sweated. It felt good.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 12:39:01 AM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
My Odin. I love my other cat, but she is my FI''s baby where as Odin is my boy. He cried at me this morning because he wanted attention. I put him under the covers and he snuggled against me and purred. He stayed there for a really long time and I just will never understand why some people don''t like cats.
Allergies my dear. I just can''t enjoy them when my eyes are running and I''m having a hard time breathing. I''m a huge dog person instead. I just can''t get close enough to cats to really form a bond.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo, Zoe, you''re on vacation this week! That''s one more thing to be happy about!!

The trip is just a quick weekend to DC. We lived in DC for about 5 years before we moved to Boston in 2004 and we haven''t been back since...it''s just a little sentimental trip.

Ooo, shopping with alj sounds like fun, she is a ton of fun (and so funny!) Another New England GTG sounds like fun!

Try to relax this week--I know you''ve been really stressed, so I don''t think a break could have come at a better time!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Window boxes--I discovered some pretty antiqued black and green ones at a flea market recently and have been having a wonderful time fixing them up and placing around my home.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 1:00:35 AM
Author: FrekeChild

Allergies my dear. I just can''t enjoy them when my eyes are running and I''m having a hard time breathing. I''m a huge dog person instead. I just can''t get close enough to cats to really form a bond.
I mean the people who swear cats aren''t affectionate and are aloof. I understand allegies completely, but that is different. There is nothing like a purr to make me feel like everything is right with the world.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 3:27:41 AM
Date: 4/27/2008 1:00:35 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I mean the people who swear cats aren''t affectionate and are aloof. I understand allergies completely, but that is different. There is nothing like a purr to make me feel like everything is right with the world.
Probably because they are dog people. Dogs are needy. When compared to cats, cats seem super aloof and even snotty. To me there is nothing like a cold wet nose nudging you to get pet and a toothy grin saying hi to feel like everything is right in the world. Or 100+ pounds of weight pushing up against your leg because they want attention.

Having said all of that, I love all animals and wish I wasn''t allergic to cats.
7.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Lots of things make me happy, Zoe!
1.gif

Music. Playing it, listening to it, singing along to it, relaxing to it, dancing to it. Almost without fail, music can lift my mood.

Teaching. Yeah, it is work and it's hard and plenty of times it drives me nuts (especially the paperwork), BUT I really, really enjoy my kids. They are so funny, and it feels oh so good when one of my little guys who struggles most of the time (I'm a special ed teacher who works with kindergarten & 1st graders usually) really GETS something. That light bulb moment makes me feel so good, like there's nothing wrong in the world.
1.gif

J. It's been a challenge for us to stay together over the distance (him in the UK, me in the US), and we still have a lot of hurdles left before we can settle down into normal life, but he's worth it. I love him very much, we have so much fun together, and we can talk about anything.

Cats! I don't have my own cat anymore (he passed away a year and four months ago), but cats in general greatly amuse and comfort me. Siamese in particular: they are so chatty and social and (most of the ones I've known) GOOFY! I love them. Can't wait until I can have another one of my own.

Chai. Best tea in the universe. It's sweet and rich and creamy and luxurious and smells like Christmas and is one of my favourite ways to relax and put my feet up. Yummmmmm.

Thai food. It's my favourite type of food and I don't get to have it very often, so when I do, it's a real treat and totally makes my day. Last time I had it was with J when he took me out on my birthday, and the food was amazing! Soooooo good.

Swimming. It's good for me and it's fun. Need I say more?

TRAVEL. I LOVE to travel. I love learning about the history of other places, not by reading in a book but by being there and touching it, seeing it, smelling it, hearing it. I love talking to the people who live there and hearing their perspective on things. I feel like I learn more from traveling than I do from all my years of schooling put together. Love it!!

So, there are a few of mine. Great thread, Zoe!!!!
36.gif

PS: Freke, they are SO CUTE!!!
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Having a nice dinner with DH every evening. I love that he thinks it is important for us to sit down together to a meal every day. It''s a great time for us to chat, catch up, and just enjoy one another''s company.

My nephew. Whether it''s talking to him on the phone or spending time with him, he is just so much fun.

My parents and sister. I don''t laugh harder with anyone. They crack me up and are just such wonderful people. I am so lucky to be part of such an amazing family.

Reading a good book. Nothing better than spending a quiet day reading.

Long walks. I love walking around our neighborhood. Yesterday DH and I spent 10 minutes watching, and laughing at, a turkey on the prowl while his mate kept running away. And all the chickens were standing around watching.

Spending time with girlfriends. My closest friends are 500 miles away, and there''s nothing better than getting to visit them.

Traveling. So much to see and do and DH is the best traveling companion ever. He always plans such wonderful things and I get to go along for the ride!

Music. I love all kinds, especially live, and have been lucky enough to see some amazing bands. There''s nothing better than spending a long afternoon in the kitchen cooking a delicious dinner with some great music playing.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My teenage son''s sense of humor--wicked! DH''s too.
Lunching with my pals. Visiting with my out of town family--Mom, sisters, their families.
Reading in the warm sun.
Exercising in whatever form.
Making a good meal and having my family compliment me on it.
Hand washing my car in the hot sun and getting wet in the process.
Finding a really sweet dress or bathing suit that fits to perfection......
Seeing the bunnies running around our neighbourhood.

cheers--Sharon

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 9:38:52 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett

I went to Alj''s and we went to a great Thai place for lunch. Then we went to a bunch of stores looking for a purse for me (well, the non-girly-girl version of a purse
3.gif
) and a few candle holders for Alj. No dice on either thing, though. Too bad. It was great to see her again. I''d be up for another PS get together -- maybe we should try to arrange one? It would be fun to see others from our NE group again.

Oh, fun! Glad you guys got to hang out together. If you start planning another GTG, let me know! Maybe I can make it.
21.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lots of things make me happy-
My beautiful retriever Amber.
Hanging out with D and the fact that we''re buying items for our new house and he''s more concerned with a new bed that we want to get for Amber.
Travelling.
Spending money! Especially on shoes and clothes.
My e-ring makes me feel happy everytime I look at it.
The fact that my summer holidays from college are coming up in a few weeks makes me very happy.
Sunshine makes me happy (which doesn''t happen too much over here).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lets see, I am very blessed to have so many enjoyable things in my life, here are some of them.

Spending time with my Husband, he is such great company and so funny!

Watching my horses out in their fields on a sunny day, grazing and enjoying themselves. I love seeing them enjoy their warm stables on a cold winter''s night, comfortable and cosy, eating a nice dinner and chewing on hay.

Watching them chew on hay anytime actually, as they are a picture of contentment and I love the sound they make as they chew.

Hearing my cats purr, watching them curled up enjoying a roaring log fire on a cold day.

Playing my piano.

Watching our barn swallows swooping about and feeding, seeing them teaching their young to fly in late summer/ early autumn. Waking up to a hard frost with everything covered in silver. Snowfall on the rare occasion we get any.

I love watching my pet chickens scratching around and having a dust bath!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m always instantly happy when I''m driving behind a car with a happy doggy bouncing around in the back seat and sticking his face out the window to take in the wind. LOVE THEM!

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
I love this thread!
Mine would have to be:
Spending time with family and friends
Cuddling with my kitty
Traveling
Shopping
Weekends
Looking at old photos
Reading
Cleaning(I just feel so happy when I am done and the house is clean!)
Skiing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results