shape
carat
color
clarity

What home shopping do you look at/ buy from?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like ShopHQ, QVC, HSN, Amazon. I buy home goods or clothing items, not jewelry. QVC has KitchenAid for good prices right now. someone had the Nutribullet on sale. I LOVE plush blankets almost as much as diamonds. Kuerig is usually priced well on QVC too.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My big from-home shopping is Old Navy. I usually place an order every other week (lol!) but for small amounts, like $50-70...which, with sales & discount codes, means a couple fun new things.

Then, from amazon, I get cat food & some health food supplements that are a better price than at the grocery store, and from beauty-bath stores, like Sephora or BBW, I get my face creams & bath gels...

Most other stuff I buy in the stores.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Amazon - Toddler Items, Gifts, Books, Misc. Household Items.

Old Navy/Gap/ Banana Republic/ Athleta - Clothing for the family (Easier to shop on line than to visit the stores as sizes/styles are often out of stock in stores).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy from Amazon, Tumi and Land's End. DH has a frequent delivery from Nespresso.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazon because we are Prime members.

For kitchen stuff:
I really like Restaurant Supply places, Ranch 99 for some things, and honestly? Asian Restaurant Supply places. Places where sushi restaurants get their (awesome) plates and platters from.

I also ADORE Sur La Table. Why? Because they price match with amazon, etc. So you get their fantastic service and Amazon prices.

For furniture and stuff... lots of places. But mostly overstock. Love overstock.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Banana republic, sephora, amazon, loads of others.

I bought almost all of my Christmas presents online this year.

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I buy from Amazon and QVC.

QVC has fantastic customer service. Also anything you buy from October through December you have until jan 31 to return. It is extended holiday returns ( normally you have 30 days to try things)

I buy clothes, makeup, kitchen products, hair products, toys... Yea I guess I just like shopping there

:bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Tommy Bahamas.

cheers--Sharon

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bulk of my online orders are from Amazon and Sephora.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the past, I have bought a ton of jewelry from QVC. I have some great pieces from them, actually a whole jewelry armoire filled with them! Not so much anymore, but I did recently purchase a Judith Ripka bracelet and two faceted hematite necklaces. They look like sparkly black diamonds. My best deal was a Panasonic cordless iron from HSN. It is normally over $100 and HSN had it on sale for 69. Then I got a first time customer discount and a 20 dollar off for opening an account and free shipping and it came out to $40! A sixty dollar saving is a very good thing!

My real favorite place is Amazon. We buy so much from them. Prime has saved me a ton of money in shipping and I love having everything in two days!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazon (prime members) a few times every single week.

Piperlime

6pm

Rue la la

Drugstore.com

Ebay

And many more.

Sharon, I just bought a lovely blue print Tommy Bahamas dress from 6pm. Love it.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I watch HSN, QVC and JTV and buy on the internet. HSN was the first place I bought jewelry, JTV was next. I like to buy the designer named costume jewelry. In fact, just this morning, I think i saw where Adrienne(HSN) got the design for a bracelet she made. Such a high end jeweler. I vanquish my urge for diamonds by buying a 3 carat ascher cut diamond in costume jewelry, a halo, a RB as well. That does the trick for me.
One year I got so many silk scarfs on sale, I've been giving them out as gifts ever since.

Annette

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing more fun than packages in the mail!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1417925793|3796868 said:
HI:

Tommy Bahamas.

cheers--Sharon

Funny thing happened with Tommy Bahama the other day - I placed an online order of some Holiday gifts (we have purchased lots of TB before, but never online directly from TB). I emailed them shortly after I placed my order and asked if they would be include gift boxes since the items were for gifting. They responded by telling me that a "custom-crafted, state-of-the-art gift box" (those were the exact words used to describe the box) would cost $5 per box. Really??? What the heck is a custom crafted, state-of-the-art gift box? Is it made out of coconuts like the buttons on their shirts??? :lol: They tried to justify it by explaining how they can remove the tags for gifting, etc., but in my experience, that type of service is certainly nothing unique. For example, Nordstrom will remove the tag, place my item in nice silver gift box, and put a bow around it - all at no charge. I still like TB - just thought it was funny how they describe (and justify) their gifting services.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1417983632|3797323 said:
canuk-gal|1417925793|3796868 said:
HI:

Tommy Bahamas.

cheers--Sharon

Funny thing happened with Tommy Bahama the other day - I placed an online order of some Holiday gifts (we have purchased lots of TB before, but never online directly from TB). I emailed them shortly after I placed my order and asked if they would be include gift boxes since the items were for gifting. They responded by telling me that a "custom-crafted, state-of-the-art gift box" (those were the exact words used to describe the box) would cost $5 per box. Really??? What the heck is a custom crafted, state-of-the-art gift box? Is it made out of coconuts like the buttons on their shirts??? :lol: They tried to justify it by explaining how they can remove the tags for gifting, etc., but in my experience, that type of service is certainly nothing unique. For example, Nordstrom will remove the tag, place my item in nice silver gift box, and put a bow around it - all at no charge. I still like TB - just thought it was funny how they describe (and justify) their gifting services.

HAHA Momhappy--I read about the "custom boxes" and LOL as well. I think you may be onto something with the coconuts... maybe they are edible as well.... :lickout: :loopy:

Speaking of boxes--do you want to hear an anecdote? No? Well I will tell you anyway... :rodent: Since I have to buy my own BD cake, I go to my favorite spot--the German Deli. When I came home with my cake, I looked at the bill and wondered what a superfluous charge was...I was charged for the CAKE BOX! :roll: LIKE, how the hell was I supposed to get the cake home???? Jeez we laughed a long time over that one....

any rate, I love the TB candles and got the whiskey stones for the DH. I hope he doesn't choke on them! :halo: ;)) And I'll wrap them, myself. :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a bit of a history with home shopping networks. Back in the dark ages, I stumbled upon a network called (as I recall) something like America's Collectors Network ( :confused: ) that only broadcast in my area in the wee hours. They specialized in unset gemstones "straight from the mine," and jewelry on turntables... and they had an on-line auction site that wasn't very well known, where if you were lucky you could pick up stray gemstones and bits of jewelry for very little money. I lost a lot of sleep waiting for that network to come on, and it was my introduction to buying loose colored gemstones. I bought a lot of second-rate loose gemstones that way, but also a few stones that were worth setting. That network eventually re-named itself JTV, and eventually it stopped broadcasting in my area. A network called something like "America's Warehouse" or something filled the void... that appeared to be HSN's clearance division, and it carried a lot gold and colored stone jewelry. I got some gold jewelry at very nice prices, and some nice but not that memorable colored stone pieces, before that network was discontinued and/or rolled into HSN proper. Which also came on late at nite, and which I also sometimes watched.

I don't watch shopping channels anymore. In real life I'm a pretty disciplined buyer, but I can fall big for the big sales pitch! (I have to really watch myself at the state fair and home improvement shows too.) Some combination of wishful thinking and greed and lust and ADHD and feeling powerful that I can just pick up the phone and it's mine, and "gee it's only money" and "I can always return it" kicks in, and I succumb... so now I just don't watch those shows. I'd rather pay more but buy less that I regret buying, if that makes any sense.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazon (Prime) probably 75% of orders, maybe 15% ebay, and then occasional orders (like 2-3 times a year) from places like Lands End or department stores. I have to shop for clothes in person, but other than common WalMart items, I order almost everything else!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1417979637|3797299 said:
Nothing more fun than packages in the mail!

So right! My husband calls them 'happy's'. As in, 'You got a happy in the mail'. LOL

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
amazon, victorias secret...i love the PINK brand, so i usually buy a lot of the yoga pants, leggings, hoodies. My pink store never has enough sizes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results