shape
carat
color
clarity

What did you all do on your 1 year anniversary?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
I find myself very excited for this. Anyone have a party?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.gif
WOW!!! that was a long time ago.i don''t remember
20.gif
i think we ask each other "why did i marry you?" how we got into this mess?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 7:42:35 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
6.gif
20.gif
i think we ask each other ''why did i marry you?'' how we got into this mess?
True that, lol. I can''t remember that far back.
3.gif
Just kidding we had our wedding cake that was frozen for a year, yuck and had a romantic dinner out. I was pregnant.
1.gif

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
6.gif
20.gif
Ha Ha! I''d love to hear what other seasoned married couples have to say about their 1 year anniversaries.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we had friends over for dinner and I know we ate that frozen yucky cake from the freezer because we have pics of that! We also drank something from our silver monogrammed wine goblets that we used at the wedding.

That was probably the old fashioned way. If I had it to do today, I''d take a trip - even if it was just a weekend getaway!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
We took a weekend cruise down to Baja, Mexico (Ensenada). It was like having a mini-2nd honeymoon!
36.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I do remember it. We also ate the nasty cake from the freezer.
40.gif
We also went to an art gallery and purchased a suite of three serigraphs by an artist we liked, Kozo, for our (then) new house. The traditional wedding anniversary symbol for your first anniversary is paper, and so we bought art.
1.gif
We still have that suite of serigraphs and one other by the same artist. It''s funny what sticks in your mind after 20 years together.

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 8:18:50 PM
Author: diamondlil
I do remember it. We also ate the nasty cake from the freezer.
40.gif
We also went to an art gallery and purchased a suite of three serigraphs by an artist we liked, Kozo, for our (then) new house. The traditional wedding anniversary symbol for your first anniversary is paper, and so we bought art.
1.gif
We still have that suite of serigraphs and one other by the same artist. It''s funny what sticks in your mind after 20 years together.
Buying art is such a great idea!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
For all the new brides out there how do you freeze you wedding cake?? Sorry to be OT. Just am curious??
2.gif

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 8:22:13 PM
Author: kaleigh
For all the new brides out there how do you freeze you wedding cake?? Sorry to be OT. Just am curious??
2.gif
I had a very small destination wedding so there was no extra tier or way to freeze it. We are going to find some other way to use something concrete from that day to replace that tradition.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 8:22:13 PM
2.gif
We didn't! We served it up at the wedding and then DH got a small cake from the same baker in the same flavor a year later.
1.gif
Yummy!

ETA: And is it a bad thing that even though it was only our second anniversary last year, I don't remember what we did for our first?!
20.gif
26.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My sister froze it but we only had it in the freezer til our 1 month. haha we ate that puppy already! This bakery recreates your cake for your anniversary. Which is cool.

My sister put it in the freezer for a couple hours, then put waxed paper all over, then saran wrap, then more waxed paper, then saran wrap and then vaccuum sealed it with her vaccum sealer kit. When I busted it out the day we started eating it, it was like the first time we tried it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2006 7:47:27 PM
Author: kittykat

6.gif
20.gif
Ha Ha! I''d love to hear what other seasoned married couples have to say about their 1 year anniversaries.
KK
i don''t understand English very well.So.....is that the same as "OLD COUPLES"?
34.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
We did a destination too and we didn't do the frozen cake because we heard it was typically icky. We had another way around it!

For our first anniversary we went to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner and then I had had our cakemaker in Kauai make a small 6" replica of our wedding cake and ship it overnight, so while we were at dinner my Mom came over and set up our island with the cake and candles and an anniversary gift for us. It was very sweet!

Then the next day (Friday) we headed off to Mendocino and stayed overnight and had a fabulous dinner at a great restaurant and then drove back home on Highway 1 the following afternoon.

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
My DH was active duty Navy and deployed to the Med at the time. The other officers wives gave me a surprise party, just us girls. He missed our first 3 anniversaries due to the Navy. That was his duty and it''s part of being a Navy wife. 25th is this year and we''re going on a cruise.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I cannot remember the first anniversary! I remember that frozen cake, but I am not sure we had it on that anniversary or not! Actually, we got married the day after Christmas before my husband''s last semester of college (I finished early), so our anniversary has always been sort of lost in the holidays. HOWEVER, I DO like to comemmorate those occasions every few years with some memorable jewelry item! Those I can probably tell you!

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 8:35:47 PM
Date: 2/7/2006 7:47:27 PM

Author: kittykat

6.gif
20.gif

KK

i don''t understand English very well.So.....is that the same as ''OLD COUPLES''?
34.gif

Nooooooo DF. It means experienced in the art of marriage and love!
17.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 7:46:50 PM

6.gif
20.gif
3.gif
Just kidding we had our wedding cake that was frozen for a year, yuck and had a romantic dinner out. I was pregnant.
1.gif
I was pregnant too.
1.gif

And I don''t remember what we did. I know that we moved into our first house right around then so we probably did nothing for the anniversary...no money!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Tried not to get blown up by a road-side bomb. We were in Iraq, but hey - at least we were together!!!
16.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2006 10:10:10 PM
Author: Patty

6.gif
20.gif
3.gif
1.gif
I was pregnant too.
1.gif

And I don''t remember what we did. I know that we moved into our first house right around then so we probably did nothing for the anniversary...no money!
i wasn''t pregnant but, i was changing my daughter''s diaper.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
We went to a really nice B&B in Delaware for 2 nights, which was a lot of fun. The only sucky thing was that my husband got really sick, and came down with a bad case of laryngitis, so the last night there, I was babying him in btwn jaunts to the hot tub. The funny (or not so funny) thing was, I got really sick on our honeymoon, so we hope we haven''t set a precedent for getting sick on our anniversary. We also got our rings engraved for the first anniversary, and we definitely did NOT eat the cake. I didn''t want to save it to begin with, but he did.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''ve not been married a year yet, but we already made our plans for our 1 year anniversary in July. We are going to Tulum Mexico for 9 days. Our anniversary is July 3 so we should always have a 3 day weekend close by. We picked summer for our wedding so the kids would be out of school and we could do trips without them for our anniversaries.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
We''ll be married a year in May, and I think we''re going back to Vegas which is where we got married. This time we''re not taking anyone with us! The family was there last year for the wedding, and while that was very nice, sometimes I wish we would have eloped!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I have no clue what we are going to do! Im thinking we might go back to the Mayflower Hotel in DC, where we had our mini-moon. Part of why we did that was so we would always have something close to home to remember our honeymoon... cant afford to fly off to Hawaii all the time!

Monday was our 6 month anniv and DH surprised me with a nice dinner. I had actually forgotten and he usually isnt into the month annivs, so i thought it was really cute and sweet. After dinner i wanted to break our cake out, but he said no. I hope it still tastes good... i wrapped it in a ton of plastic wrap, then a ton of tin foil, then in a freezer bag that i sucked all the air out of. We also have 2 cookies hanging out in the freezer that were our guest favors.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to dinner at the Signature Room on the 95th floor of the Hancock building, downtown Chicago. He gave me a beautiful diamond pendant with a halo and diamonds on the bale. (Bail?) Then he told me not to expect jewelry for every anniversary! For our second we went to a restaurant we used to frequent during our dating days, and we had just bought a new SUV together, so that was our present to each other. Next fall for our 3rd we''re spending the weekend in NYC sightseeing. I think I''ll waltz him through the diamond district and see what happens!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
A few days before our 1st anniversary, my DH told me to pack a small overnight bag, with no clues other than it was driving, not flying, and what weather to pack for. The morning we left, he made me wear a mask over my eyes for the last part of the drive (first part too, but once I could feel that we were heading north, he let me take it off, thank goodness!
1.gif
) As we neared our destination, he made me wear the mask, drove me to our destination, and even walking into the place he made me wear it. The innkeeper even played along with him, making it sound like we were going to the roach motel or something. Then he "carried me over the threshold" into the room we spent our wedding night. It was a charming bed and breakfast near our reception site. Of course for the wedding night, we arrived late the wedding day and left early the next morning to leave for our honeymoon, and we had lamented that we couldn''t spend more time to appreciate the place. So for our first anniversary we spent a relaxing weekend there. (The place is called Sweetwater Farm. It''s a very charming, beautiful old stone farmhouse in Chester County, PA.) It was a very nice surprise, and a wonderful way to spend our first anniversary!

As for our cake, I think we ate the top for our first or second month anniversary, (although I think we saved a slice or two to eat on the first anniversary). That way we got to enjoy it more, since it was only a month old.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, he also gave me a beautiful aquamarine pendant and earrings for that first anniversary.

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
We went to Captiva Island for almost a week this past August...it was so much fun! We also decided that we wanted to start a family...I''m due In May...you do the math!
31.gif

klr
30.gif
prongs

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 1:58:05 AM
Date: 2/7/2006 10:10:10 PM

Author: Patty

6.gif
20.gif
3.gif
1.gif

I was pregnant too.
1.gif

i wasn''t pregnant but, i was changing my daughter''s diaper.

Our son was a 1 month old on our 1st. anniv., so I barely remember anything. (sound of rusty wheels)...there was no party or anything. we ordered in some food, got flowers, that fay cullen ring guard that my fingers were still too swollen for. lol.

glitterkitty

Shiny_Rock
I was heavily pregnant, so we went shopping for baby stuff and then had dinner at our fave restaurant. I remeber spending most of the time going backwards and forwards to the loo
7.gif

ETA we're coming up to our tenth anniversary in June this year, so I'm hoping we'll go back to Paris for the weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results