shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you getting your Mom/loved ones?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually returned a pair of earrings from Tiffany and bought my mom the most gorgeous scarf. Jewelry doesn't always win out. :). The scarf just made me happy. :)

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
We're doing a tree for each of our Moms. Both would like to add some fruit to their yards, but it's always the errand that's easy to put off to go to the nursery and lug a tree home. So we will be choosing an apple and a sour cherry for them tomorrow.

My mom has a tree in her yard that her late father gave her when they bought the property and she comments every year when it blooms that it makes her think of him; I hope these trees survive and thrive so she can think of us, too.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Roses and pearls. I have spent a fortune on pearls!!! I know she will love them though, and that is what counts!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
My mom wears quirky and simple jewelry and I got her a necklace with a sterling silver baby elephant pendant. She used to sing "baby of mine" from Dumbo to me all the time as a little girl and elephants have always been a thing for us, so I think she'll really dig it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm spending a day with her next week helping her plant her annuals and weed her gardens. I used to buy her lovely things but we've all decided we would rather have quality time with each other than more stuff.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I'm ordering a bouquet for my mother. For MIL, we're going out for brunch and I'm getting her a pair of Hunter rain boots.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A USPS box. I told her to fill it with quilting fabrics from her stash that she'd like to send to her sister (also a quilter) in Europe, and that I'd pay for the shipping. Oh, and I sent her some PJ's today so she'll have something to open on Sunday.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cards and Fannie May chocolates for both my mom and MIL.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom has passed but we sent my MIL cards and flowers. My hubby and kids are out shopping for me now!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don't do a lot to celebrate but I always look forward to a sunday brunch in our back yard, just relaxing with my kids...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
A travel bag she wanted plus a g/c for her nails.

My sister I got starbucks for.

My MIL and SIL I usually do g.c for their stores they love but this year we are all going to actually be visiting in a week and a half so I am taking them for mani pedis. I used to go g.c for mani pedis but the spa they used to go to for that closed.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1399747450|3669861 said:

My MIL and SIL I usually do g.c for their stores they love but this year we are all going to actually be visiting in a week and a half so I am taking them for mani pedis. I used to go g.c for mani pedis but the spa they used to go to for that closed.

Ame - is it a family tradition for you to celebrate your sisters (and SILs?) on Mother's day? It's very generous of you. We don't do that, and I'm glad... there was a period in my life where that would have been very difficult for me.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
This year Mom didn't know what she wanted (alert the media.)
I got a parcel of stones and there was a peach moonstone in there and she loves peach, so it's with Dan and Caren being made into a pendant. (I'm lucky because she told me upfront she didn't care if she didn't have it on the 12th.) But you'd better believe the card got there on time.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1399748396|3669873 said:
ame|1399747450|3669861 said:

Ame - is it a family tradition for you to celebrate your sisters (and SILs?) on Mother's day? It's very generous of you. We don't do that, and I'm glad... there was a period in my life where that would have been very difficult for me.
I made it one. Since I have no plans to have kids, and I am super close to my nephew especially, I get my sister something. But my sister in law I always got something so she could go do something with my MIL, and because we have a niece and nephew because of her.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No mother for the last 50 years... Wow, but getting DIL who is expecting a mani/pedi/lunch when school is out and she can relax. ( she is a teacher)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing. My mom doesn't like us to spend money on her and we don't have contact w/JD's mom anymore.

I got three colors of Dianthus to plant in the garden bed we put out back last year and will look for a few more plants as well.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got my mom an enlarged photo of my parents, my husband, and I at my wedding last October. I got my MIL a photobook and canvas print, also from said wedding. I am milking wedding photos for all they are worth! :lol:

NTave

Shiny_Rock
I got my mom a braided orange hibiscus "tree". It's lovely. I got her a card too, and I'm excited to give it to her.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom is living in a motor home in my grandparents' driveway. She doesn't have room for any stuff.

My grandmother has an already stuffed house.

I got each of them a cute little mini-rose in a ceramic bird pot. It is small (about 3 inch diameter & under 6 inches tall) so it can sit on the table and should be super low maintenance.

I took them today and spent the afternoon with them. (My aunt & mom specifically un-invited me for all Mother's Days a few years ago so I visit Grandma the day before and bring something small for my mom so her feelings aren't hurt.)

ETA: Am I the only one who thinks it is very strange for a woman to buy flowers for her ex-husband's new wife and tell her that she's being a wonderful mother to her (the ex-wife's) daughter?
I just had that happen... DH's ex-wife did just that! (um.... kindly meant but strange!)

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1399789169|3670195 said:
ETA: Am I the only one who thinks it is very strange for a woman to buy flowers for her ex-husband's new wife and tell her that she's being a wonderful mother to her (the ex-wife's) daughter?
I just had that happen... DH's ex-wife did just that! (um.... kindly meant but strange!)

I think it's a very nice gesture. It's unusual but it's nice to be appreciated.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Nothing. I haven't had a relationship with the woman who birthed me for 6 years. :nono:

We will, however, be spending the day with DH's mom, who is pretty awesome, and giving her a spa gift certificate.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I called my mum, who is spending Mother's Day with my gran abroad. Nice to hear her having a great time with her mother, and six sisters!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results