shape
carat
color
clarity

went into a store today.... (you know how it goes lol)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today is our anni and I thought if I could find a CHEAP white gold band for the dh I''d get him that - wanting to spend less than $100 for just a plain blah cheap no name band, but in white rather than the yellow he is wearing. So I go in and they''re all like $200 so I pass but the woman tells me, You know white gold just means its yellow gold with a platinum coating, right? I said, well not really and she nodded authoritatively and said oh yes its true that''s why it yellows. I just smiled and said okay. She proceeded to then say a couple of other doofy things and I smiled because I wasn''t up for a round of "you work here you should know this" LOL But I definitely thought to myself, I could do this job. Then I thought, no I couldn''t... I''d be constantly saying, "oh don''t buy this, its crap, let me give you a link to.... " hehehe and I''d be fired *snap*. I did see one gorgeous .5ct loose diamond that kicked butt over the 3 larger stones also "ideal" and one very, VERY sad looking I2 2 carat for 10k. It was white (as opposed to clear lol) but it had no sparkle at all
7.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 3:14:38 PM
Author:Cehrabehra
Today is our anni and I thought if I could find a CHEAP white gold band for the dh I''d get him that - wanting to spend less than $100 for just a plain blah cheap no name band, but in white rather than the yellow he is wearing. So I go in and they''re all like $200 so I pass but the woman tells me, You know white gold just means its yellow gold with a platinum coating, right? I said, well not really and she nodded authoritatively and said oh yes its true that''s why it yellows. I just smiled and said okay. She proceeded to then say a couple of other doofy things and I smiled because I wasn''t up for a round of ''you work here you should know this'' LOL But I definitely thought to myself, I could do this job. Then I thought, no I couldn''t... I''d be constantly saying, ''oh don''t buy this, its crap, let me give you a link to.... '' hehehe and I''d be fired *snap*. I did see one gorgeous .5ct loose diamond that kicked butt over the 3 larger stones also ''ideal'' and one very, VERY sad looking I2 2 carat for 10k. It was white (as opposed to clear lol) but it had no sparkle at all
7.gif
That is exactly why, even with all my newfound knowledge about diamonds, and the fact that I''d love knothing more than to work with them, I wouldn''t. lol

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehe. That is why I am SOOOO happy that I''ve found a local jeweler who actually LOVES that I''m educated about this stuff. She doesn''t try to sell us junk, and she''s super talented and knowledgable to boot.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why don't you get hubby's yellow gold dipped in white gold?

Eta: Happy Anniversary! 16 years
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy anniversary...any chance a new little bauble might be gracing your finger soon???
27.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cehra, I totally forgot to say,

HappyAnni.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy anniversary Sara!!!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary, Sara! What a funny story...it''s amazing, isn''t it, how people get their information so screwed up.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 3:48:30 PM
Author: Skippy123
Why don''t you get hubby''s yellow gold dipped in white gold?

9.gif
or platinum
41.gif
36.gif

Happy Anniv

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary, Sara! I''ve thought about getting hubby a new band, but I really think he could care less! So I just buy for myself instead!
2.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Anniversary Sara!!
36.gif

Its a nightmare knowing stuff about diamonds and not being able to show people the way to the excellent vendors! Thats why I have been moved upstairs away from the diamonds and onto the watches and silver lol! They know I know too much!!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Happy anniversary Sara! It never ceases to amaze me how little the sales people know...either that or they think the general public isn''t knowledgable at all.
38.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Happy anniversary Cehra (I know its Sara but I like spelling it this way)!!! Have a great one and many more to come! My local jeweler actually offered me a job at his store, but I turned him down. Just as you said I know I would be telling everyone just how overpriced his Hearts on Fire jewelry is and he would have to run me off!
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary, Sara!

Deb
34.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
i do the same thing when i''m in a store. i just say, "yeah, mm hmm" and then walk away, cuz i really don''t want to get into a debate with the SA.
9.gif

happy anniversary!! 16 years! wow! i hope you two have many more decades ahead of you!
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I congratulated you yesterday, but I''m not sure if you saw. So, CONGRATULATIONS!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your anniversary and not choking either yourself (in disbelief) or the associate(unfortunately as criminal as their lack of knowledge).

shay

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 3:48:30 PM
Author: Skippy123
Why don''t you get hubby''s yellow gold dipped in white gold?

9.gif
Thank you! And I might get it rhod plated. He doesn''t care but it bugs the snot out of me that he has a white metal watch AND has been wearing this silver puzzle ring he got in the middle east when he was there and the gold band is just not jiving LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 3:53:01 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Happy anniversary...any chance a new little bauble might be gracing your finger soon???
27.gif
Define soon? LOL

And what about you... I read that you said the ring had been choosen....... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 4:45:39 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Happy anniversary, Sara! I''ve thought about getting hubby a new band, but I really think he could care less! So I just buy for myself instead!
2.gif
He could care less too, and I would *love* to get him this channel set round/baguette alternating ring with milgrain I saw but he wouldn''t want it... I think at some point I will get him a plat band but just not this year.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 4:46:54 PM
Author: Maisie
Happy Anniversary Sara!!
36.gif

Its a nightmare knowing stuff about diamonds and not being able to show people the way to the excellent vendors! Thats why I have been moved upstairs away from the diamonds and onto the watches and silver lol! They know I know too much!!
omg that''s just sad sad sad that they''d move you away for knowing *too much*!! Why can''t you use your knowledge to help people pick out the best of what you have, encourage whomever shops for them to get the best stuff they can?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the happy anniversary wishes guys!! We had a great day :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 10:28:17 PM
Author: thing2of2
Hahaha...I always play dumb in jewelry stores, too. Happy anniversary!
Usually I don''t and I piss the SAs off LOL I''m always impressed when someone says, "I don''t know the answer to that".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results