shape
carat
color
clarity

we need a sensitivity meter on PS .....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so all the members know how much tolerance you can take before it''s too late. i can take all the garbage that you can throw me,it doesn''t bother me at all.
16.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rotten apple outgoing heading your way at 1500 miles an hour.
Where are you again?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too funny. DF is cool, he''s really a sweet heart!!!! He plays like he''s tough but he''s a teddy bear, I know!!!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha that is such a good idea DF.

really sensitive sallies could be 0 or a negative even! elephant hides could be a 10 or even 11! it should show up near their name in ( ) . oh L/I!!
31.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2005 7:32:04 PM
Author: kaleigh
Too funny. DF is cool, he''s really a sweet heart!!!! He plays like he''s tough but he''s a teddy bear, I know!!!
2.gif
hush up.shhhhe.... don''t ruin my villain image
28.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Don''t make me bring up the Red Bow Tie and Cumberbun Tough Guy!
31.gif
31.gif
35.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Hey I am a 15 MAN!!!! Naw.. not really... possibly about an 8 or 9... my feathers get ruffled... But I think that I would probably rank kinda high if there was a B@tch meter though...
28.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2005 10:05:02 PM
Author: sevens one
Don''t make me bring up the Red Bow Tie and Cumberbun Tough Guy!
31.gif
31.gif
35.gif
7/1
are those still in style?
16.gif
34.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2005 7:45:39 PM
Author: Mara
haha that is such a good idea DF.

really sensitive sallies could be 0 or a negative even! elephant hides could be a 10 or even 11! it should show up near their name in ( ) . oh L/I!!
31.gif
Mara
so.... where are you on the meter? what''s L/I ?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will really get into it at times if I really care about a subject.
But I don''t take any of this personally when people disagree with me.
It is not my job to get the world to think like me.

It is just an internet forum afterall.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, I'd be an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10. I very rarely get offended or emotional about ANYTHING, life is too short to be agitated or upset or sad about random life stuff all the time.
31.gif
Especially when it's related to an an online forum!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2005 12:32:10 PM
DF, I''d be an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10. I very rarely get offended or emotional about ANYTHING, life is too short to be agitated or upset or sad about random life stuff all the time.
31.gif
Especially when it''s related to an an online forum!
LOL....
11.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a 1-10 scale, I hover around 8 unless it''s an issue close to my heart like animal or environmental abuse at which point I''d be a 1; and then about issues/people I generally care about/have respect for, I waiver between 1-5; for those people who piss me off simply by their presence in the gene pool, I''m 10+; and when I''m PMSing, none of the aforementioned matters and I''m all over the scale exhibiting the full emotional range between cold-hearted murderous indifference to fall-on-my-sword righteous indignation all within a matter of seconds
9.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
have i missed something in my absence?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL! I try to always be impervious in public, but there are probably times you do NOT want to be here alone with me in my office...

However, it is my opinion that a professional is NOT allowed to steam in public, no matter what the provocation. Please notice I said it is my opinion, not that I had never steamed...

Wink

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2005 3:59:10 PM
Author: Wink
there are probably times you do NOT want to be here alone with me in my office...
Are you kidding me? Alone with you and your rocks (I''m referring to the mineral variety) in your office....anytime, a-n-y-t-i-m-e.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And if I offended anyone''s sensitivities with that last post....tough poopies.
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2005 3:59:10 PM
Author: Wink
LOL! I try to always be impervious in public, but there are probably times you do NOT want to be here alone with me in my office...

Hmmm...intriguing. Maybe some of us would enjoy that. Seen "Secretary"?

Deb ;-)

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
*scrates his ever-thining plate*

i''m intreeged!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm. I do *NOT* have a thick skin at all, in general. I am very sensitive and in some ways I wish I wasn't (for my own benefit), but I make no apologies for this. We're all wired a little differently and those that don't regard "feelings" and "manners" as highly as others are not necessarily right just because they may find themselves the least often hurt or offended. Tact and goodwill matter on a message board too. Maybe not everyone here is a friend, or client we have to be nice to, but I see it as any other facet of life with regard to social interaction, perhaps even more so online.

I do not get the whole "this is just the Internet/message board so this [enter choice expletive here] doesn't matter" argument, which seems especially ironic to me coming (often) from people who spend much of their time at such places. Perhaps one could argue they are "keeping it in perspective", which I get/commend, but at the same time I don't see my time online as a surreality so there is no line I draw in the sand regarding what I feel there either. It's kind of sad that we should have to take things w/ a grain of salt online at all, though that does seem to have to be the case.

I have no objection to calling it like is which I vehemently agree is what happened in the thread we are referencing but can say it is not fun when you are being the one ganged up on, having been the one falling off the bandwagon many times myself. And yeah, it does hurt. For those few that disagree or want to give the outsider the benefit of the doubt, I applaud them. In the event that they get chewed out for basically trying to be nice and understanding, god forbid their feelings be hurt in trying and the wagon chants for a thicker skin, well, I do think that's on the scummy side.

not much else to say, I know this thread wasn't meant to be taken as a downer, but just sharing how I feel...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wait, I used a choice expletive?! Where? Was it good??
11.gif
I love a good choice expletive.

Just for the record...the only person who can say 'shame on you' to me where I would actually listen is my MOTHER. Anyone else is talking to the wind...that includes my dear husband as well and he knows it. Some random on an internet forum, not high on the list for listening to...very sorry to say.
9.gif

ETA: I see you modified your original post to remove the shame on you...darn I was too slow.
5.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, good for you, really. Obviously if you feel the way you do no one could change that. I just don't think it's fair to expect everyone else to feel the same way as you and neither do I buy the reasoning that because it's online it validates that.

Not trying to pick a fight, just saying what I really think.

ETA: Yes, I modify all the time. I care about sounding my best online too. I'm a super geek like that.
41.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2005 7:03:35 PM
Author: sarita
Mara, good for you, really. Obviously if you feel the way you do no one could change that. I just don''t think it''s fair to expect everyone else to feel the same way as you and neither do I buy the reasoning that because it''s online it validates that.

ETA: Yes, I modify all the time. I care about sounding my best online too. I''m a super geek like that.
41.gif
Your opinion has been duly noted. For the record, I was not trying to sell anything, that''s just how it is. Period.
2.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/11/2005 7:08:23 PM

Date: 8/11/2005 7:03:35 PM
Author: sarita
Mara, good for you, really. Obviously if you feel the way you do no one could change that. I just don''t think it''s fair to expect everyone else to feel the same way as you and neither do I buy the reasoning that because it''s online it validates that.

ETA: Yes, I modify all the time. I care about sounding my best online too. I''m a super geek like that.
41.gif
Your opinion has been duly noted. For the record, I was not trying to sell anything, that''s just how it is. Period.
2.gif

Thank you. I feel validated. Somewhat.

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Aljdewey - HUPS? Please explain.

Ok, breaktime from these threads for now.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2005 6:56:44 PM
Wait, I used a choice expletive?! Where? Was it good??
11.gif
I love a good choice expletive.
5.gif

I love all expletives. Pretty much the only words I dislike are Panties and Moist and the N bomb.

I can take pretty much anything other than bigotry or a serious personal slam on my work ethic because I bust my ASS and have for years. In fact, I have gotten into it with folks for yelling the N word at someone. THere''s no acceptable reason or circumstance for using that word, there is no possible acceptance of it. And it burns me that folks use it so damn carelessly and don''t even know the proper definition of it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2005 5:37:39 AM
Author: thebanjodog
for the record....we got you mara. you are teflon.
No I''m more like a duck.

*quack quack*

11.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2005 12:04:54 PM

Date: 8/12/2005 5:37:39 AM
Author: thebanjodog
for the record....we got you mara. you are teflon.
No I''m more like a duck.

*quack quack*

11.gif
I would venture to guess you missed the point on that one, Mara.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results