Super_Ideal_Rock
so, you're now retired?! :wavey:
congrats! :appl:
you're going to wonder how you ever had time to work! :o :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your retirement, VRBeauty!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I wish Kenny and I could duet and play you into retirement on his lovely piano. Instead, I offer:

dsc04222a_1_.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, MZ! I think I spent most of the past week grinning - but I don't think the reality has truly sunk in yet! I had to go in to work today to finish some paperwork and finish transferring some files. But I got out of there quickly and didn't stick around for another round of good-byes. I guess I was just ready to go.

Monarch - A piano duet would be wonderful (I didn't know that about you and Kenny!) - but if I have to settle, that very PS-worthy cake ain't bad. :wink2:

BTW - true story! - last Tuesday I truly honestly really accidentally *ahem* flushed my security badge down the toilet. :oops: Truly honestly really accidentally!

I figure the universe was telling me it was OK for me to retire. :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VR: Kenny might actually be embarrassed at the thought of he and I playing together. But for your sake, I bet he would suck it up for 3 minutes and give it a whirl.

Happy retirement, with cake and jewels, nonetheless!!!

PS, sorry for the terrible cake. It was meant to be symbolic! :naughty: :bigsmile: :oops:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How wonderful! :appl: Yipee to you!

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, yeah, the universe agreed that you were ready!

never quit grinning!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VR..Congratulations on your retirement!! :appl: :appl: Do I get half of your pension?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!! that is wonderful! :appl: :appl: :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I already congratulated you on your other thread but I cannot congratulate anyone enough for getting to retire! Wowee, how aweome!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!!! Have fun!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you tyty and minousbijoux and diamondseeker and Skippy and Dancing Fire! This being a holiday week I'm traveling to be with family, so the reality of my new reality probably won't sink in until next week. But I already have plans for a bi-weekly get-together with one friend so we can support each other on our *ahem* remedial house stuff, and for monthly or so matinee trips with another friend who'll be retiring soon. I know all that "free" time will fill in before I know it, but for now the thought of that vast expanse is a little daunting....

DF, if you want to latch on to somebody's pension, you'd better start being really nice to your wife! :wink2:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, VRBeauty! Am so happy for you! :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VR, Am I invited to your retirement party?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's over and done, DF - and it was a lot of fun, too!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1386137564|3567210 said:
It's over and done, DF - and it was a lot of fun, too!
And you didn't invite me?... ;(

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, VRBEAUTY! :appl: :appl:

No matter how much i 'enjoyed' employment, the actual day I retired was one of the happiest days of my life :appl: :appl: :wavey:

ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM!!!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, VR! That's exciting! I can imagine how happy you'll be to spend your days doing whatever you want, when you want.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I have to admit that at this point all that "free" time is still a little daunting. But I'm sure I'll grow into it! :naughty:

In fact I just enlisted at the gym again, to make sure that I don't grow into it too much, IYKWIM.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results