shape
carat
color
clarity

Traumatic event I can't stop seeing

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
My good friend nicky lost her two teenage daughters in a car crash nine years ago. They were buried on 9/11. The family have always owned jack russells and their oldest dog had been their youngest daughters dog when she was alive. Yesterday evening we were at the stable/ livery yard Nicky owns when one of the liverys ran over this dog in her 4 x 4. He wasn't killed outright but was obviously seriously. I rushed them to the vets, but his pelvis was broken in two places and he was put to sleep. I have been so emotional and keep seeing it over and over. The car was moving really slowly so it appeared to be in slow motion. I can hear his cries. It breaks my heart. My own dogs have been getting lots of cuddles. I have to be strong for my friend who has suffered enough. Her daughter would have been 25 on Monday too. Thanks for letting me vent

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
That is so awful, I am so so sorry for your friend and am also sorry you had to witness it. Ugh, it makes my stomach turn. Poor thing!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
;(

I'm so sorry!
Your friend has been through so much in the last years. I can't imagine the pain of losing her daughters and then to have to watch her daughter's dog die that way :nono: ;(

Lots of Big hugs to you and your friend.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
;( I am so sorry to hear this! Hugs to you.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Samantha - I am so sorry for both you and your friend! My aunt raises jack russells and this happened to her favorite dog and she was driving. It is such a horrible thing to have happen. I just don't understand it with the Jacks either. They will stay out from under horses' feet but they can't seem to avoid vehicles (this is actually quite common, so please know that you aren't alone).

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending tons of hugs to you. It must have been horrible to witness. Your poor friend has had to deal with an awful lot. I hope that she's doing ok. I can't imagine how much pain she feels losing her two daughters and now this happening as well.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
My God. That is so incredibly sad and awful in every which way. I know it sounds cliche but with time you will stop thinking about it as often as you are. It's still really fresh in your mind right now. I watched my best friends dog get hit by a car and it was absolutely terrible. At first I couldn't stop thinking about it and it would just replay in my mind over and over again. With time your heart will heal and the memories won't be so constant. I'm so sorry for your friend and what you had to witness :(

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry about your friend's daughters and also their dog!

I'm also really sorry you had to see such a terrible thing happen to your friends dog! As AutumnNovember stated, with time, you will not be as haunted by what you saw happen. Try to allow yourself to continue to get your feelings out. I've found sharing my feelings and talking about an unpleasant situation to be a great help in allowing me to process all the emotions that keep surfacing. Sharing with us on PS is a great step.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
*Hugs*

It's good you can come here and just let it out.

My deepest sympathies.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry.

My dog was run over right in front of me when I was five. I remember running into the house and I was so upset that I couldn't get words out. My mother couldn't understand what I was saying. She took me and my dog to the vet and I remember seeing my dog on the table in an examining room, and my mother and myself leaving without him. So I know something about what's that's like, although I have no memory of seeing what I saw, probably because of the trauma and the age I was when it happened.

Your post has made me very sad, and I wish you and your friend, and the person who did it who couldn't have meant to, peace.

Danny

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your amazing and supportive posts. It felt better just to write it all out and your kindness has been uplifting. I returned to the scene of the 'crime' this morning which was tricky. My friend is doing ok. She has very strong faith and truly believes that the dog has been reunited with her daughter. I truly hope I never see anything like it again and my heart goes out to those of you that have shared stories of similar experiences. Thank you again

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry you are being shaken by this event :( I do know how you feel - cause there is nothing you can really do and it is so unpowering to feel this way :( When I was 6 years old, a man fell off a 4 story building and landed next to me - and at this age, see someone die next to you is very frightning :( Every so often, I still relive that accident and the bloody images and his last mumbled words while grasping to the last moments of his life... UGH :( I bet he would have loved to see his wife - not a frightened girl...

THankfully, you were there and kindly gave your time and heart when needed. Your actions will never be forgotten nor un-appreciated eventhough, it hurt you in the process. Events like these make you ponder about this life - the whys and why nots... To me, it's more of a "I must have been put there at that moment cause I was probably the only one that could have handled this with strength and sympathy"...

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Samantha im so so sorry ;( i cant imagine how hard this must be you poor thing, and on your friend too...

hugs, dust and thinking of you...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Samatha...hugs to you and your friend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results