shape
carat
color
clarity

to match or not to match - men''s wedding bands

Is your/his wedding band matches hers/yours? Color?

• Yes, they match --- but can''t really tell the main color

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, don''t match --- my/his is white (platinum, wg, ti, steel, etc)

• No, don''t match --- and it''s hard to say mine/his main color

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jome

Rough_Rock
My now fiancee got her solitaire lately. Good news is, she likes it a lot. Bad news is, she now favors the channel set for wedding band... I have no problem about what she likes and plans to wear, in fact a channel set would look great with the e-ring. The problem is, we were planning a matched pair of wedding bands before. Now I have to pick up one that does not match hers since I prefer metal icon ones.

Here comes the color issue. The channel set is made of platinum. It seems to me that if I choose a white band (platinum/white gold/titanium), there is still something in common... But most guys around wear yellow gold ones. I know it is more a personal preference thing, yet am still wondering most people (that I know) have chosen the yellow bands for a reason? What's your case? Is or will it be that your band matches his/hers?

Thanks
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
my fi's band will likely be titanium. Ill be platinum. Whatever metal you got her engagement ring in, the same for her wedding band. Platinum with Plat, White Gold with WG, Yellow with Yellow.

Yours on the other hand, doesn't have to match, doesn't have to be the same metal even...whatever YOU want.

I figure you are also a St. Louisan???

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
When my husband and I got married in '89 I talked him into yellow gold matching bands. I didn't have an ering. Now he wears a silver celtic band and I wear my platinum solitaire. I hope to upgrade him to platimun or even titanium someday, but he doesn't really care. He just doesn't like yellow gold.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Our original wedding rings (18 years ago) were exactly matched (2-tone yellow and white). But about 8 years into the marriage, we each got diamond wedding rings. They are both yellow gold but do not match in design.

I would recommend getting whatever makes you each happy and what you will feel comfortable wearing. There are no rules on this one.

DiamondLil

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I'm kinda in your boat--I'd always thought we'd wear a matching set, that way people would know we were married to EACH OTHER....I guess if he gets lost at a party and passes out, people would know who he belonged to because our bands matched or something. LOL!!

However, I'm finding I L-O-V-E diamond bands, which means his isn't going to "match"...we could get something close, but his taste in jewelry (stinks, lol) is much different than mine, and I doubt we'd be able to find something we'd both be happy with. Especially now, since I'm strongly on the wg/plat side of the fence and now he's way off in left field with black titanium.
rolleyes.gif

I'm adjusting to the fact that we don't HAVE to match.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
My wedding ring is platinum with diamonds and my husband's is yellow gold with a milgrain design. We just got back from our honeymoon (Malta and Italy) where it seemed a lot of Europeans wore matching bands, and sometimes I thought it would be nice to match as well. But then, I didn't want yellow gold and I wanted diamonds, and he doesn't look good in white metals and didn't want diamonds, so we each got what we wanted.

jome

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your responses!

ame -- My fiancee's e-ring and wedding band will match. I'm still waver between colors (and materials thereafter). And YES, I hope the Cards will be winning tonight (and game 5, 6, 7)...

Rowan -- Is there any reason why your husband doesn't like yellow gold, besides personal preference?

jodstr -- Does the color of his titanium match that of your white gold?

diamondlil -- Great suggestion. Thanks!

goldengirl -- I indeed had similar thought as yours. And now I'm also adjusting to fact that not to match. BTW, black titanium? It should be very unique!

meowcollins -- Like your husband, I don't want diamonds. I'd rather put them on her jewelry. Something plain, whether white or yellow, would probably be my choice.. How's your honeymoon? She wants to go to Italy too! Any recommendable spots?

christarose

Rough_Rock
Our bands match colour (yellow gold) but not design. His is an Artcarved band that is apparently not carried anymore - at least it's not on their site. It has a slight "twist" in the gold - just enough to make it interesting. He wanted something simple; diamonds were "girly."
1.gif
Funny thing was, when we picked it up, I'd only paid the deposit on it, and the young salesman handed it to me without asking for the balance. When I told him I still had to pay for it, he was so relieved that I'd saved him from getting in trouble!
12.gif
And I was a poor student at the time too
2.gif

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
goldengirl - i'm having a ball reading some of the funniest scenario you come up with. If you like the diamond band, then get one, but at the same them get a matching set and wear them both. That's what i might end up doing. I, too like the matching band... but as you can see from my other thread... i already a whole lot of rings on my finger. I would have to figure out a way to incorporate the matching band set. Hmmmm.....
confused.gif

jodstr2

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 10/27/2004 3:48:44 PM jome wrote:

jodstr -- Does the color of his titanium match that of your white gold?
----------------

no. when comparing the 2, mine is definitely "whiter" and his is definitely more of a "greyish-taupe".

I originally bought him a brushed white gold band that was getting damaged (the brushing was wearing off, and it showed some small nicks). we were at an art festival, saw a vendor with titanium rings, were impressed the price and with how lightweight they are, and we both decided to get one for him.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I have to have plat, and he likes yellow gold, so ours will not likely match. Although he's not letting me pick any part of the ering, my wring gets to be my baby!

EDIT: BTW jome, I'm (hopefully) in the same boat as your fiancee - solitaire e-ring (I'm hoping), wanting a channel set, maybe pave, diamond w-ring. Please post pics of this combo!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/27/2004 3:48:44 PM jome wrote:

Thanks for all your responses!

ame -- My fiancee's e-ring and wedding band will match. I'm still waver between colors (and materials thereafter). And YES, I hope the Cards will be winning tonight (and game 5, 6, 7)...

Just be sure they are the same metal. Plat will wear down white gold and eventually the colors won't match.

Which jeweler did you use here? My e-ring was done by Vincents but we are now using genovese/online.

Go Cards. Please don't hand the Sox the pennant. Ill tell you what. If we can come back and sweep them, or at least put up a damn fight...itll make us a lot happier. A coworker of mine has tickets to tomorrows game should there be one and I went to the game last Thursday (game 7). It is tense around here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results