Post by Ellen » September 13th, 2008, 3:04 am

Seriously. I noticed a few weeks ago that my front doormat looked wet, but not all over. I couldn''t figure out what would have caused this, as it''s under an enclosed stoop. I just kind of stared at it and did this ----> Image But, went on about my business and never mentioned it.

Yesterday my son came in the front door and said there was a squirrel sitting on the doormat. They had a bit of a stare down, my son finally moved toward the door and the squirrel ran off. But he said the doormat was wet, he thought it peed on it. I just laughed, like yeah right. Then hubby tells me, Oh yeah, that squirrels been sitting/peeing on the doormat, I see him when I go out the side door in the morning to get the paper. All I could think was, and you failed to mention this because.....

So, my questions are, WHY would a squirrel do this? We''ve lived here 21 years, never had a problem like this. lol And more importantly, just how does one go about getting a squirrel to stop using your front stoop as a urinal? Image 

Will changing the doormat be enough? Those things aren''t cheap, I don''t want to ruin another one, and I don''t want a rubber one.

The reality of life is that life isn't supposed to make sense or bring any lasting peace and satisfaction without God.
Jim Berg

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Romans 10:13