shape
carat
color
clarity

The weirdest, scariest, most unbelieveable thing you've seen

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I am reading a thread like this on Etsy and it is SO fascinating. People talking about ghosts, UFO's, mind-reading. And then some awful stuff, like witnessing deaths and deja-vu.

What is the most unbelievable thing YOU have ever witnessed?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Re: The weirdest, scariest, most unbelieveable thing you've

Ok so I have two.

One night in late december my best friend and I were coming home from seeing a movie. I left my car at her house, so she was the driver. I hopped in my car and she went into her house. My front windshield was covered in frost so I had to sit in my car for a little while until it defrosted. I kept turning on my wipers to make it go away faster (because I hate sitting in a dark car) and out of no where I heard and saw (from the little part of my windshield that I cleared) this insane looking air craft. It flew by so insanely fast but I was still able to catch a good glimpse of it. It was not only crazy fast but it was really loud. I was completely horrified. It wasn't a plane, it wasn't a jet. It was round and really large and had a beam of yellow light coming from it. I called my best friend and before I could get a word out she asked if I "heard that" noise. I told her that of course I did and told her what I saw. We live two minutes apart. I panicked big time to get out of there and luckily my windshield was almost completely defrosted and I sped off to go home. Right as I was driving into the entrance of my neighborhood, it appeared again. This time without any sound. Same shape and everything and it just disappeared in front of my eyes. A minute later when I came home my dad took one look at me and asked me if I felt ok. He told me I lost all color in my face and I looked horrified. I was. I refused to walk my dog that night and made him do it for a few days after too.

The other thing I saw was when I was driving a long the NJ turnpike. It was night time and I was stuck in a ton of traffic. Accident, I thought. As we were getting closer I noticed it WAS an accident and there were a ton of ambulances and several wrecked cars. And there it was. A dead man lying on the road with half a body bag on him. Oh my GOD. I just get the chills thinking about it. There is something so eerie feeling about it and I couldn't shake it for the rest of the night.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

I have a few. I guess this will follow with the Do you believe in ghosts, and now you guys can hear what I have experienced.

First I need to share some background. My great grandmother was married to a man whom everyone dubbed "big daddy". He was abusive I think, though it's never been fully said that way. Anyways, my mother was terrified of him, and he was very cruel to her. He ended up shooting himself accidentally and dying. When I was younger she used to wake up at night and see the silhouette of a man standing over her. You have to remember that he knew her as a teenager and early twenties. Well, when I hit my teens, she stopped having this experience. I started, but in different ways. Sometimes I would wake up in the middle of the night KNOWING that someone was watching me from my closet. I am talking, hair on end, feel the eyes boring into me type of knowing. It then escalated to my closet door slamming itself shut, generally when my bedroom door was already shut as was my window. The scariest thing for me, and for any of my family was the following.

One evening I was laying in my bedroom, reading a book with my tv on. I was laying in front of the tv stand. There was a shelf above my tv stand and I had a blown glass ornament that hung from it. None of the windows, nor doors in the house were open, and the AC was off because it was winter and we didnt' really need it on. At some point I looked up and saw that the ornament was spinning rapidly in a circle. It stayed at a consistent pace and diameter for at least three minutes before I called my mother in. She watched it with me for another three to four minutes before reaching out and stopping it.

We moved six months later. I was terrified of that house after that. There were other things that happened in the in between. My tv would turn on and off at night to Nick at Night. My radio would turn off and on. If I was at the computer, the cd drives would slide in and out of their own accord.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

I stayed up one night till 5:30 am reading stories in a thread similar to this.....lets just say I couldn't sleep that night.

lulu

Ideal_Rock

Remember, ghosts are more afraid of you than you are of them.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

lulu said:
Remember, ghosts are more afraid of you than you are of them.

Impossible. I would definitely be sent to a psych ward if I ever saw one and for a long time after my good friend passed away, I would ask him out loud not to "show" himself.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

You don't want to know. Lets just say I called a couple months in my residency the "parent twilight zone."

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock

Autumnovember said:
I stayed up one night till 5:30 am reading stories in a thread similar to this.....lets just say I couldn't sleep that night.

Haha me too! I found two or three threads. I don't have any scary stories to contribute but I'll be following this thread closely. I love a good scare.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Bunny007 said:
Autumnovember said:

Haha me too! I found two or three threads. I don't have any scary stories to contribute but I'll be following this thread closely. I love a good scare.

I know once people start responding to this thread I'll be up all night reading stories and scaring my self sh*tless.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

LtlFirecracker said:
You don't want to know. Lets just say I called a couple months in my residency the "parent twilight zone."

I am intrigued.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

LtlFirecracker said:

Oh yes, we want to know.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

I have another one. A good friend of mine once lived in a house, and the back bedroom was known for the strange things that happened in there. I once took a shower in the bathroom there and the water turned itself off and on midway through. Well we decided to rig up a camera one night and see what happened. First we rigged it with the room empty. I have no idea where the film is now but when we later played it black, small black orbs began coming up over the edge of the table it was on and towards the camera and past it. No fans were on, no doors open. We then went in two at a time. When he and I were in there, we laid on the bed. In the far corner there was a rocking chair, no where within reach of us. It began to rock, steadily and hard. A few seconds later the TV began to glow, like when you have it on and then turn it off and the screen glows for a while. I never went back in there again.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

reading your guys posts is making is scarying the begggeebies out of me :-o

Mine was during the time the Blair Witch Project came out, I was I think 17 or 18 at the time, and my parents were out of town, so I was home all alone, my then boyfriend took me to a midnight showing of the Blair Witch, then I came home to an empty creeper house - totally scared the creeps out me, But later on in the week I went Hiking by myself, as I usually do back then, in an area I'm familiar with, but this one trail was one I hadn't gone on before. It was an overcast day, and I walked past this ricky old small shed/house (too small to be a house, maybe back in the days it was used as housing) but after a couple of hours, I really was starting to feel weird, and got a little off trailed somehow circled back to this shed/house. I totally had this Blair Witch Deja- Vu moment, and I felt really scared for the first time hiking.
Just recently, I saw a man dead (half covered tarp) on the freeway and a few yards from him was his hat :(sad He was changing his tire on the shoulder, when a gal who didn't pay attention on the freeway bumped his truck which pushed him out into traffic.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock

I had just recently been in an accident and had my car totalled when the following happened...

I was sitting at a light behind a couple of cars. Everyone's light was red(you know the couple of seconds in between) and each light had a few cars waiting at it. Out of nowhere, this truck came flying across the intersection and once he got to the other side of it, he made a quick u-turn INTO the line of cars on the other side and then sped away with someone else's bumper stuck to the front of his truck. I was HORRIFIED that someone would do such a thing on purpose and of course not even stop. He hit about 5 or 6 cars and injured a few people... luckily it wasn't anything fatal. I called my mom screaming and crying because I was so traumatized from it... especially after just having my own accident. I'll never be able to get rid of that memory.

LGK

Ideal_Rock

Ok so I've got two recently, both happened in the two weeks in early September while I was in Costa Rica.

We (my mom, her sisters, and two cousins my age) were staying in the Observatory Lodge at Arenal, the very active volcano. Basically you're a mile and a half away from the volcano itself and it covers about a quarter of the sky. When it erupts you're close enough to feel it, the rooms shake, and you see molten lava fountaining up and whatnot. So it's really super clear at night, if there's no clouds- you can see the milky way and stuff.

So we got back from dinner, our driver dropped us all off outside. And the two younger cousins and I were chatting with him and he pointed out what he thought was a comet in the sky- this HUGE intensly bright light. It had a halo of light around it about as big as my fist looks outstretched- pretty huge. So we all thought sure, we have been out of touch and haven't seen the news, must be a comet. We watched the sky for about an hour- it was brilliantly clear. The light never moved, but it was about due north so it wouldn't have moved with the stars. I'd say it was easily 20 times brighter than the brightest thing in the sky. We made some stupid jokes about UFOs and whether or not Zenu liked to visit Costa Rican volcanos and so forth.

Well the next day when we looked for news about the "comet", there was no comet nearby. And my aunt (who married a Tican and lives in Costa Rica) said that Arenal is a huge UFO "destination"- there are so many UFOs spotted there that there's actually people who come just to look for them. Anyway, we never figured out WTF it was. It was way, way too bright for anything like a planet or star. It looked like a small full moon, just not close enough to see the shape of it.

When I got back DH had something super, super creepy happen while I was gone too. We live in a huge old commercial building that was built as an armory in 1921- we built out an apartment upstairs and at night the place is empty except for us. Anyway, this happened after hours but before dark. He heard someone knocking on the front door and walked down and looked- nobody there. But the knocking moved upstairs as soon as he went down. To the wall where there's nothing behind it, no floor or anything, just a suspended ceiling maybe 15 feet below, with empty space for about a storey above that. So he opened the access hatch to that thinking it was maybe a trapped bird. And the knocking moved behind him, through around the walls of the apartment, finally to the roof. And kept moving upstairs and downstairs, to places where nobody could be. Super, super scary. In the daytime too. He never figured it out. He said it was quite loud and very distinctly knocking, like knuckles on a door. But in places where nobody could be, obviously. Hasn't happened since.

I did hear something distinctly go CRASH thump thump thump all the way down the stairs about a week ago late at night though. The crash woke me up, then I heard the thumping. It was super, super loud- like something really heavy rolling down the stairs. DH woke up too (the sound woke him too but not in time for him to register it) and we looked- there was absolutely nothing there, and all three cats were totally zonked out in the living room. I've been jumpy ever since the knocking incident I have to admit.

Oh and about a year ago the bedroom lit up bright red for about 10 seconds and then flashed bright green. Like lightning, but silent. I was up reading at the time, not asleep. Never did figure that one out either...
I haven't read the other posts yet but I'm curious what everyone else has had happen!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock

I'm a nurse, and I've had 3 experiences where people have said "I'm going to die soon", and it actually happened. The one patient was in bad shape to begin with, but the other 2 *seemed* okay, as far as their vital signs and everything. I firmly believe that some people just know when it is their time. I'd say in my 5 years of nursing, I've probably watched about 15-20 people die. It's always awful, and terribly sad. And we have to do the post-mortem care (wash the body, take all the tubes out, take the body to the morgue), and I always say a little prayer. I always wonder, too, if the spirit is hanging around us while we do all that...

My mom had a really weird experience. She was shopping in New Hope, which is a quaint little town north of Philly. A kid in his mid-20's walked up to her and said something like "This is going to sound really weird and crazy, but you have a son about my age, right?". So my mom tells him yes (my brother was probably 24 or 25 at the time). The kid says to her "I don't want to alarm you, and don't freak out or anything, but your son is gonna go through a really rough time soon, and he's gonna need your help, but don't worry... it'll be okay in the end". And he left.
Well, the first thing my mom did was call me (of course, freaking out - that's just how she is). My brother had just started a new job at the time. Don't you know the very next day my brother came down with the flu - bad. He didn't have health insurance, because he had *just* started his job. So my mom had to help him out with dr's appts, paying for his scripts, etc. He missed a whole week of work, so my mom had to help him out with a few bills on top of all the medical stuff, since he had no sick time built up yet. And yeah, all was well in the end. But my mom and I have never told my brother (we think he'd be mad we didn't 'warn' him!).

On a lighter note:
One day I was in the kitchen with my mom. I asked her if she could grab me a fork. So she goes to the silverware drawer, and had trouble getting it open. She yanked and yanked, and finally it sprung open, and a fork flew through the air, end over end, and she actually caught it! We both laughed for at least half an hour straight! It was pretty unbelievable, to me at least!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Lynnie said:
I'm a nurse, and I've had 3 experiences where people have said "I'm going to die soon", and it actually happened. The one patient was in bad shape to begin with, but the other 2 *seemed* okay, as far as their vital signs and everything. I firmly believe that some people just know when it is their time. I'd say in my 5 years of nursing, I've probably watched about 15-20 people die. It's always awful, and terribly sad. And we have to do the post-mortem care (wash the body, take all the tubes out, take the body to the morgue), and I always say a little prayer. I always wonder, too, if the spirit is hanging around us while we do all that...

My mom had a really weird experience. She was shopping in New Hope, which is a quaint little town north of Philly. A kid in his mid-20's walked up to her and said something like "This is going to sound really weird and crazy, but you have a son about my age, right?". So my mom tells him yes (my brother was probably 24 or 25 at the time). The kid says to her "I don't want to alarm you, and don't freak out or anything, but your son is gonna go through a really rough time soon, and he's gonna need your help, but don't worry... it'll be okay in the end". And he left.
Well, the first thing my mom did was call me (of course, freaking out - that's just how she is). My brother had just started a new job at the time. Don't you know the very next day my brother came down with the flu - bad. He didn't have health insurance, because he had *just* started his job. So my mom had to help him out with dr's appts, paying for his scripts, etc. He missed a whole week of work, so my mom had to help him out with a few bills on top of all the medical stuff, since he had no sick time built up yet. And yeah, all was well in the end. But my mom and I have never told my brother (we think he'd be mad we didn't 'warn' him!).

On a lighter note:
One day I was in the kitchen with my mom. I asked her if she could grab me a fork. So she goes to the silverware drawer, and had trouble getting it open. She yanked and yanked, and finally it sprung open, and a fork flew through the air, end over end, and she actually caught it! We both laughed for at least half an hour straight! It was pretty unbelievable, to me at least!

Very interesting that you say that because my mom told me that my grandfather knew the day before his death that he would die (told her he loved her etc). Since he was really old his shaving habits decreased significantly. Well...what do you know, the day before he passed away he cleaned himself up completely and passed away in his sleep. Its so crazy how some people "just know"....my grandfather didn't even have anything wrong with him yet he just "knew" it was his time. I do think the spirits hang around for a few days after their death and maybe a little longer too.

Reading your second story gave me the chills BIG TIME. I still have them. Wow. I live right near New Hope and whenever I go there, I always get strange feelings...not necessarily from the people, just the town in general. Have you been to the old semi burnt down Lambertville High School?

I can't imagine watching somebody die. I'm supposed to be starting nursing school in Jan. so I guess its safe to assume I'll be seeing some deaths at some point in my career. Ugh. I hate even seeing funeral processions.

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock

Creepy, cool thread just in time for Halloween. Everyone's posts are freakin me out! So here is one of mine I will NEVER forget...

One night, about 10 years ago, my dad had to go out of town on a business trip. His flight was very late at night, so my mom and I took my dad to the airport together. By the time we got to my neighborhood, it was around 2am and pitch black outside. Not a person or car in sight other than us. My parents house is in a populated area, however it is a bit up in the hills with NO street lights. As we were driving up a long, dark road into the neighborhood, a ways up the road I see a white, glowing figure that almost looked like it was floating and coming towards our direction. It looked like it had a head to toe cape and it wasn't walking or anything, it was just floating towards us. My mom sees the figure and says "oh my God, what is that?" She panics and guns it down the road and we passed this thing, but I got a pretty good look at it to my right. It was FLOATING, glowy, almost transparent, and it was shrouded in some sort of hooded cape to where you could not see a face, just darkness where a face would be. When we drove up to our house, we were so frightened, we sat with the car running for awhile in case it followed us or something so we could drive off.

To this day, we have NO idea what that thing was.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

Same answer as my post on the ghost thread- If I told you, you would think I was NUTS!!! :errrr:

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

I'm glad I didn't read this before bed last night - I was home alone with the baby! Eek!

Keep 'em coming, guys! I love it!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock

I have two. Both involve car accidents.

The first happened when I was fairly young. My parents are I were driving to church in downtown Fort Worth. We were taking 121, which if any of you are familiar, is kind of a "hilly" highway. It's not bad, but it's just enough to scare me for the rest of my life. So we were in the left lane, and just as we were going over another small hill, a car coming from the opposite direction came into view. We swerved and it just barely missed us. Sadly, it hit the van behind us with a mom and her three children. They were all killed. The driver of the other vehicle was depressed and decided to commit suicide. I still feel horrible for the little family that died. I also shudder to think if we had been just a few SECONDS later that day we would have been killed.

Another time I was oddly enough on the same highway, and traffic was kind of backed up. As we were rounding a corner, I saw why. An accident had just happened, emergency vehicles hadn't yet arrived. I'll never forget looking over to my right and seeing a severed man's head a few feet from his car. It was unbelievably gross but also horrifically sad. I got to work that afternoon and I couldn't stop shaking.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Tuckins - I promise I won't think you're crazy. I'd really like to hear what you have been through. I actually would like to know how similar it is to my experiences over the years.

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock

Tuckins1 said:
Same answer as my post on the ghost thread- If I told you, you would think I was NUTS!!! :errrr:

Tuckins, please share your experience. I'm so curious! Promise we won't think you're crazy!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

The scariest thing that has ever happened to me...

When I was littler, around 6 or so, my brother and I went to spend the weekend with my dad after they had gotten divorced. My dad has... umm... problems. He apparently thought it was a good idea to leave his gun out on this coffee table while we were staying with him. My 11 year old brother thought it would be a good idea to pick up the gun. Well, he dropped it, it fired, and shot directly through the chair I was sitting in. Missed my back by less than 2 inches.

We both flipped out.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

I'll have to com back and post the rest of my stories a little later today.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock

I met my husband in a dream, 2 years before we met in real life. We were living 1500 miles apart at that time.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

Wow, I'm finding the accident stories to be much scarier than the supernatural ones. We sort of get used to seeing "corpses" on TV with all the cop shows, but it must be horrible in real life.

The scariest thing that happened to me was my son going into respiratory arrest at 2½ months old. He had a sudden fever of 103.3F and they did a lumbar puncture to test for meningitis and gave him morphine. Turns out he is allergic to morphine. I thought he was going to die.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

I actually had an accident related one this weekend that shook me up pretty badly. I was tailgating and this older couple went to turn and a girl walked in front of them. They hit her, and when I walked by she was laying in a puddle of blood from her head. She was conscious and looking around and the paramedics deemed her stable, but that really has stuck with me. She could have died.

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Without going into the whole thing...

The car behind me on the a highway was run off the road and into the median. His car caught air and landed directly on top of an unsuspecting car coming southbound down the other side of the highway.

It was an explosion of car parts. Everywhere. My bf at the time had to follow me off the road, I was shaking so bad. I can still picture it in my mind to this day, and this happened in December of 2003.

The people in the unsuspecting car were both crushed to death instantly. All 3 members in the car that was traveling behind me were rushed to the hospital. Serious injuries but all survived after at lest 2 weeks in the hospital for each. The driver spent a month.

I spent the next 2 years wrapped in a court case as a muder whitness, becasue the original car was run off the road by a man that had 3 prior aggravated assault and assault with a deadly weapon charges.
Road rage got him two separate sentances of 15years for vehicular manslaughter, for the two vicitms of the other car that he didn't even hit.

AND...

I saw a woman get hit directly in the forehead with a golfball. Not good either.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock

anchor31 said:
Wow, I'm finding the accident stories to be much scarier than the supernatural ones. We sort of get used to seeing "corpses" on TV with all the cop shows, but it must be horrible in real life.

The scariest thing that happened to me was my son going into respiratory arrest at 2½ months old. He had a sudden fever of 103.3F and they did a lumbar puncture to test for meningitis and gave him morphine. Turns out he is allergic to morphine. I thought he was going to die.

UUghhhh that sounds awful. ::hugs::

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results