shape
carat
color
clarity

Tapatalk sign-in problem, help!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tapatalk (the iPhone app PS uses) isn't letting me sign in without filling out the CAPTCHA form (the little "I am not a robot because I can retype your blurry sequence of letters and numbers, unlike a machine"), because I forgot the form was case-sensitive and tried signing in as "circe" instead of "Circe" a bunch of times, and have exceeded my allotted tries.

The problem?

THERE IS NO CAPTCHA.

I've tried turning off the phone ... no dice. I've tried signing out and in again here ... nada. So am I banned from using the convenient interface for life? Sadface!

Seriously, though, if anybody is wise in the way of Tapatalk, I would appreciate some advice ....

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nobody has any experience with this sort of thing? Alas .... :blackeye:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi Circe,

It is on my list. We are also looking into having our own branded version in the future.

Kind regards,

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, Andrey - that would be awesome. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the whole app - and let me tell you, it lies when it says all info will be deleted. It remembers.

Is ForumRunner compatible with PS? I guess I will go and find out ....

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And ... 1.99 later, it appears it's a problem on the PS end, as Forum Runner won't let me sign in, either. Oddly, it does let me sign in so long as it's not from my iPhone. So ... help, mods?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi Circe,

I just logged in and posting with Tapatalk.

Can you check again.

Kind regards,

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sure: Tapatalk says "You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below." But, as there IS not CAPTCHA in that format ... no dice.

Forum Runner just says LOGIN_ERROR_ATTEMPTS

Is there any way to just ... override the automatic bit that says I'm a potential hacker, or to make it look like, yes, I have solved the nonexistant CAPTCHA, or to make a CAPTCHA page for the app? I really do appreciate it.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Circe|1340212729|3220275 said:
Sure: Tapatalk says "You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below." But, as there IS not CAPTCHA in that format ... no dice.

Forum Runner just says LOGIN_ERROR_ATTEMPTS

Is there any way to just ... override the automatic bit that says I'm a potential hacker, or to make it look like, yes, I have solved the nonexistant CAPTCHA, or to make a CAPTCHA page for the app? I really do appreciate it.

Hi Circe,

I sent you an email. please see if you received it.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Threadjack...but whoa! When did PS start using tapatalk? And how can I get hooked up with it for my android?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
jstarfireb - we started testing it out a few months ago. We will be coming out with a PS branded version soon.

Circe - Give tapatalk and ps another try. It should be working for you now.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Tapatalk us also being stingy with the pictures it lets me see! Whole threads are picture less even though pics are clearly posted I can hear the oohing and aahing! Also it does not let me upload my pics which is kinda a bummer because my laptop is a goner!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Elisateach said:
Tapatalk us also being stingy with the pictures it lets me see! Whole threads are picture less even though pics are clearly posted I can hear the oohing and aahing! Also it does not let me upload my pics which is kinda a bummer because my laptop is a goner!

I'm having the same problem with my Android app too.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
YES! It worked, and I am back in.

That said ... I'm having the same problem seeing pics as Elisa and Claire. I'd been thinking it was just because I wasn't signed in ... drat.

Nevertheless: back in black, baby! Thanks, Andrey. :))

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thanks everybody for the feedback.

We are looking into the issue. we are also working on a way for you to post images from your phone.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
You should be able to see the images now.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I still don't have images. I deleted tapatalk and reloaded it but still no images:( I have TapatalkHD for iPad ( on an ipad) could this be the issue?
Elisa

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Elisateach|1342087471|3232748 said:
I still don't have images. I deleted tapatalk and reloaded it but still no images:( I have TapatalkHD for iPad ( on an ipad) could this be the issue?
Elisa

Can you tell me what thread you are looking at? Just give me the link. I guess i might need to buy an ipad 3 :) to test.

ck1223

Rough_Rock
I'm getting the same message:

"You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results