shape
carat
color
clarity

Superbowl Commercials

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Granted the Superbowl commercials have gotten much more somber and downright sad from the happy frog-tastic messages I remember from years gone by but I really loved TWO of the commercials:
1. Bud Lost Puppy with Clydesdale Posse (though I did cry): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/01/budweiser-2015-puppy-commercial_n_6591312.html
2. Jeep This Land Is Your Land: http://www.jeep.com/en/renegade-world-commercial/?sid=1037056&KWNM=%2B2015+%2Bjeep+%2Bsuper+%2Bbowl+%2Bcommercial&KWID=6409137028&TR=1&channel=paidsearch&spid=sb2015 I just love that they used a very American song and took the message international. It was wonderful. Plus this might be my favorite version of this song.

What were your favorites?

Any you hated?
The "slit your wrist" Nationwise Dead Kid commercial was my :-o EEK moment. Could have done without that, thanks!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
I had to do a double take on the Kim Kardashian one because I thought she had a censorship strip across her chest...but it was just a tube top...

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
The Nationwide insurance commercial about the kid dying was awful. Just plain awful. Yes, accidents happen (and sometimes with tragic outcomes), but a commercial is not likely to have sort of meaningful impact and to play it during the Superbowl was simply bad marketing.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh!

Let's see, my favorite was the one with Katie Couric talking about the internet.

I also loved the throw like a girl one.

I liked the snickers one, too, the one were marsha was that guy from machete

I did not at all appreciate the ones about kids dying, kids not having their fathers, spousal abuse or any if the other zillions of depressing commercials.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^same here - what was up with all of the heavy messages this year? And the Weight Watchers ads? Really??? As I'm scooping cheese dip into my mouth…. :lol: Not cool :naughty:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved the Budweiser commercial the best. Who doesn't love a hot guy, a cute puppy, and beautiful Clydesdales?

I also loved the Jeep commercial, Gypsy. Marc Scibilia sang This Land is Your Land beautifully.

MisterMadelise

Shiny_Rock
PattyCo|1422862636|3825856 said:
I had to do a double take on the Kim Kardashian one because I thought she had a censorship strip across her chest...but it was just a tube top...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loctite was our favorite. We loved the liam neeson one for the stupid phone game, we both LOVED the kim k one bc it was funny, we liked the morning mountain dew one with the dancing everything, the mindy kaling invisble one was good... both of the "sorta" ones from nationwide with lindsey lohan and brian cranston were great. He loved the skittles settle it one...it was clever and fun. We also laughed at the Pete Rose Sketchers one "get out of the hall".

My husband also loved the lexus one with the toy cars. "Drifting."

If they're mushy and sad or in any way thoughtful, we are not interested. Locally there was one for heroin od's that was crazy. And basically this mom catches her kid OD'ing and then just doesn't call 911...wtf lady, call for help! But the messages are not for a game, save that for another day. We want funny. The only one that my husband liked that was "thoughtful" was that maxipad one with the fight like a girl thing. I remember sending it to him, and he liked that they aired it.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing I did notice is that there were very few "sexy lady" commercial. I guess you cant have everything- if you want a socially conscious commercial it has to be depressing as F

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results