shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions needed: first anniversary gift for DH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
Does anyone have any great suggestions for a first anniversary gift? My hubby has already gotten me a first anniversary ring (which I have to wait another month and a half for, but at least I know its coming), so I want to get him something special too. A weekend trip is out b/c we have a lot of travel coming up in the next few months, and going out to dinner is already a given.

I know this is our "paper" anniversary. Anyone have any good ideas for something to give my DH?

Thanks!
NS

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t think of anything in paper, but how about a great watch? That always seems to make a good gift for guys.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gave my DH a really nice scrapbook for our "paper" 1st anniversary. He really enjoyed it--I had done some pages for him with themes from our honeymoon, sports events we''d been to, and other things we''d done in the first year of marriage.

If your DH has a "desk" job, you could find him a really nice paperweight--that qualifies as "Paper" themed in my book, ha ha.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Lorelei,
Thanks for the suggestion, but when I tried to get DH the man version of my Rolex for a wedding present, he said don''t bother cuz he''d never wear it. Can you imagine?!? Someone turning down a Rolex? Its my next important piece of jewelry next to my wedding set! He''s just not a watch/jewelry guy, whether it be a Timex or or Rolex. I''m lucky he wears his wedding band. The way I look at it, more $$ for goodies for me! If I would have offered him a speedboat on the other hand, well that''s a different story!

Monarch,
The scrapbook idea is a great one, and I''ve been meaning to put one together from our wedding anyway. I also like the paperweight idea, especially since it can be engraved, personalized, etc.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep ''em coming if you can!

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
first off congrats on your 1st year anni!!! We just celebrated ours 2 weeks ago. My husband and i both got eachother art (for paper) and went to the Parker Hotel in Palm Springs for the weekend. He also got me engraved stationary with my new name. As for other paper idea''s, I like the idea of tickets, either plane, concert, sports event, etc.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Would he use a good quality fountain or ball point pen? That is sort of close to paper.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Ivana,
The art idea is great, especially since the walls in our new house are still almost completely bare! I am from Palm Springs, BTW, that''s where we got married. I love it there. If only there were lots of jobs and afforable housing . . oh well. My parents still live there so we''ll get to visit for Thanksgiving. Tickets is a great idea too, I''ll have see what concerts/games are coming up in our area.

Sundial, I like the pen idea too. Maybe I can get him art and a pen?

I would have asked for engraved stationery myself if we had not seen the anniversary ring first.

You gals are the best!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results