shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire engagement ring? Please post.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
I have a solitaire engagement ring, which supposedly is the easiest to match wedding bands to. But because it''s so versatile, my problem is that there are too many options, and they all look fantastic! I really like the extra bling in eternity bands, but they''re impractical because they only size up or down by a full diamond width. 5-stone and 7-stone rings are great because they have the look of eternity bands on top. I really do like the extra diamonds, but I also want my solitaire to be the focus. So, channel set diamonds are small enough to highlight the solitaire and still maintain some sparkle. Or what about pave set bands? Or plain bands? And some people op out of the wedding band and just wear the e-ring, which is cool, too. Oh, my!

For those of you who have solitaires, what style wedding band do have or would you like to have, and why?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I have a 3+ ct princess, and am getting a 7-stone band with 15-pointer princess cut stones. When deciding on my band, I chose one that was substantial enough to look good on its own, yet not so big that it would take away from my e-ring.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
I like this idea...
9.gif

bezeledband.jpg

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
I've been looking at a delicate channel-set band which is thinner than my e-ring. Would it be wierd if my two rings were a different width?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/17/2004 9:18:18 PM Aurora Borealis wrote:

I've been looking at a delicate channel-set band which is thinner than my e-ring. Would it be wierd if my two rings were a different width?----------------

Have you tried the channel-set band w/your solitaire to see how they look together? If they pair up nicely the width difference shouldn't matter.

Oh, and i have a simple solitaire and wear a thicker art carved wedding band with it. I'm not sure why I picked out the wedding band, but was in an antique store and liked it and my then boyfriend bought it and that was that. Plain solitaires are a bit simple, so it's nice to have an interesting ring to match up with this style.

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
I did try on a channel-set band with my solitaire and I love the look, but I think I prefer the rings to be the same width. This presents a problem. My solitaire is .95 ct, not tiny but certainly not big. To get a channel-set band the same width as my e-ring, the diamonds are too large and they don't make my solitaire pop. But if I want them small enough to highlight my solitaire, the band is too thin. Does this make since? I really like the look of 5- or 7-stone rings too, but same problem.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Hi. Can't the jeweler work with the metal to make the channel a bit wider so you get the stone size you prefer and the total width as well?

BTW, a girl I work with has this look (about 1 ct solitaire with channel set band, 5 pointers i think) and it's extrememly pretty, definitely a classy and timeless look.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results