shape
carat
color
clarity

So My English Professor almost threw up in class today

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock

It started with a burp, then she ran to the barrel, and apologized. We just told her to run to the bathroom, all the way down the hall. She made it, came back, and returned to lecturing, saying "That was strange, a random wave of nausea, I''m going to have to see a doctor"

Or an OBGYN

1.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Haha! How embarrassing... sounds like someone''s pregnant!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
She''s either pregnant or had a really bad lunch....but usually with the lunch you see it coming.
2.gif

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
Well we don''t know if she''s pregnant, but she was so surprised that I think she doesn''t either, lol. Its funny to see a professor with a PhD that you look up to, gagging over a barrell

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Alright, Fashionvictim! Please take a moment and consider the EXTREME embarassment of your poor professor! Just imagine KNOWING that all your students, whose respect you really work for, are at home going 'Haha! Professor Whosinwhatsit was puking over a barrel today!" I am feeling so sorry for your prof right now!
19.gif

Poor thing.
32.gif
That's terrible.

ETA: But I remember finding it hilarious that my favourite prof tripped spectacularly as he paced back and forth lecturing once when I was an undergrad. It wasn't that I respected him less. I think it was funny BECAUSE I respected him so much that it was funny to see that he is human too. Not sure if that makes sense!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 8:02:29 PM
Author: Fashionvictim
Well we don''t know if she''s pregnant, but she was so surprised that I think she doesn''t either, lol. Its funny to see a professor with a PhD that you look up to, gagging over a barrell
oh god I hope this doesn''t happen to me someday! I don''t want to be know as "Professor ThrowUp" LOL!!

I agree that she''s either pregnant or had a bad lunch heehee!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I just have to share my story about an English prof too! He was one of my fave professors in the department, and this particular class was being held in an auditorium. Only problem was that a lot of the technical stuff such as the overhead projector was on the stage, and he preferred to lecture in the area normally reserved for the orchestra. (though it''s a small auditorium, no real orchestra pit, I just don''t know how else to describe it).

So one day, he''s stepping on and off the stage with the aid of a flimsy plastic chair and trying to figure out the projection system. Then, he stepped on the chair wrong when stepping off the stage, and in slo mo, he just tumbled with his legs sticking straight up in the air, BUT he was sitting in the chair on his back, does that make sense? Everyone was in shock for a minute (class of about 60 people), then when it was apparent that he was okay, someone giggled and then everyone started laughing, including the prof. His face was bright red. Poor guy.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ditto the best thread title vote. That''s so funny, and sad, and funny all at once.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Small world - my professor told us today that she''s pregnant. She''d cancelled a few classes this semester, most due to her daughter being ill but a few because she wasn''t feeling well, and I don''t think any of us had any idea. She did say that she FELT like running for the trash can a few times during lecture though!

Hopefully she''s feeling better soon no matter the cause!

KindredSpirit717

Rough_Rock
oh goodness, it does sound like someone is pregnant...hehe...although if i had seen that, you probably would have seen smoke coming from my shoes then a hole in the shape of my body in the door...i have emetophobia (fear of vomit) and i run like the wind in the oppisite direction if i see someone doing it...i have even been known to push friends out of the way to run out the door(oops >_<) or run out of the house letting my poor hubby fend for himself when he''s vomiting.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2007 1:48:02 AM
Author: KindredSpirit717
oh goodness, it does sound like someone is pregnant...hehe...although if i had seen that, you probably would have seen smoke coming from my shoes then a hole in the shape of my body in the door...i have emetophobia (fear of vomit) and i run like the wind in the oppisite direction if i see someone doing it...i have even been known to push friends out of the way to run out the door (oops) or run out of the house letting my poor hubby fend for himself when he's vomiting.
When my mother was teaching school (second grade at the time of this incident, I believe) she had the experience of having her students "catch" the urge to vomit. I forget the details, but it started with one sick child and wound up with six or seven of them vomiting then the custodian coming into her classrroom with sawdust and a big broom. Am I imagining all the windows open? I believe it was quite the festive occasion and was talked of both at the school and our home for years ;-).

Deborah
34.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 10:03:45 AM
Author: AGBF

When my mother was teaching school (second grade at the time of this incident, I believe) she had the experience of having her students ''catch'' the urge to vomit. I forget the details, but it started with one sick child and wound up with six or seven of them vomiting then the custodian coming into her classrroom with sawdust and a big broom. Am I imagining all the windows open? I believe it was quite the festive occasion and was talked of both at the school and our home for year ;-).

Deborah
34.gif
Reminds me of a party I went too in college....
Id read about this in a book and just had to try it.....
There were about 20 people blowing chunks when it was over hehehehehehehe

Set up:
can of cream of mushroom soup and some chunky soup mixed together in a bag...and some in a mustard container....

one guy pretends to puke with sound effects.. using the mustard container to make it look like projection vomiting then spilling the bag....
3 guys come running up with spoons and pretend to eat it then get into a fight over the "meat" yelling hey your hogging all the meat.
out of about 35-40 people at least 20 were puking!.
The best part was that 2 that were in on it ended up puking for real too!
ahhhh good times!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a weak gag reflex. Having the wrong kind of runny nose makes me puke. Talking about the feeling makes me retch, audibly and uncontrolably. When I was pregnant we drove past a mcdonalds and I threw up out the window of the car. I have more puke stories than I will go into but I can absolutely relate to all of this and in fact I can''t talk about this any more right now LOL

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2007 10:19:38 AM
Author: strmrdr

ahhhh good times!

Yes, indeed! I can see where that was the best part. No one can say that you do not know how to have fun, Storm!

Deb
34.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 10:24:27 AM
Author: AGBF

Date: 4/24/2007 10:19:38 AM
Author: strmrdr

ahhhh good times!

Yes, indeed! I can see where that was the best part. No one can say that you do not know how to have fun, Storm!

Deb
34.gif
Im pretty boring these days lol
that was the same weekend I got pulled over for doing 128mph and didn''t get a ticket....
told him I was trying to set a land speed record for a 4 cylinder station wagon! lol
He said no one would believe that car would go that fast and asked if I wanted to try it again then said just kidding and let me go :}

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
oh goodness, it does sound like someone is pregnant...hehe...although if i had seen that, you probably would have seen smoke coming from my shoes then a hole in the shape of my body in the door...i have emetophobia (fear of vomit) and i run like the wind in the oppisite direction if i see someone doing it...i have even been known to push friends out of the way to run out the door(oops >_<) or run out of the house letting my poor hubby fend for himself when he''s vomiting.
I''m like that too... I cannot handle stomach contents. This conversation is making me feel slightly nauseous...
40.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 2:32:43 PM
Author: anchor31

I''m like that too... I cannot handle stomach contents. This conversation is making me feel slightly nauseous...
40.gif
Huh, I didn''t know there was a name for it. I feel the exact same way. I''m a teacher and I''ve (knock on wood) only seen it a few times so far. It''s bad when it does happen and I''m like, "yeah, let me out of here!" when I''m supposed to be consolling the sick child or ushering the rest of the class out while it''s being cleaned up. I just can''t handle it.
14.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
OMG how awful. I have a friend who is a teacher and did throw up in front of a class full of 12 year olds
7.gif

She had an inner ear problem.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results