shape
carat
color
clarity

Sneak peek of Kmom''s new home

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
OK, here are some recent pics. I didn't photograph all of the inside because it is still a mess and I'm embarrassed. We're still trying to settle in but here are a few pics of the exterior, as well as a couple of inside pics. Please don't mind the boxes of stuff in the background. We are still trying to settle in but I had to take a break to enjoy the holidays. Plus my punch list is a mile long so it'll take us a while before we are completely settled and unpacked.

Enjoy and thanks too all who hung with me during the construction, especially Fire & Ice who was encouraging at every step.

Front door.jpg

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Front view of the home.
Frontview.jpg

View of the front porch. This is my favorite side as it shows it's ranchey/plantation feel.
Porchview.jpg

Our tree. This is the first time I've been able to get a tree over 5' tall.
Tree2004.jpg

The fireplace, complete with decorated mantle. I've dreamed forever of having a mantle, just so I can dress it up for Christmas.
9.gif
I'm giddy about it.
20.gif

Mantle.jpg

View from one seat in my dining room. It's pure heaven, I can't get any chores done. Two other connecting walls in my dining room have similar views with the pasture and the hills behind it.
Kitchenwindowview.jpg

I'll try to keep this thread updated as I settle in more.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my word. It''s stunning!

I would not be able to get one dang thing done, I would just sit with a cup of coffee and enjoy that view.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh KMOM! Congrats.
Thanks for all the pictures. I love that mantle too. (and the Kitchen)
You have a lovely home.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Kmom, the house is beautiful! What a terrific view! I can completely understand why it''s impossible to get any chores done. I''d be plastered to those big windows, too. Shoot, I''d be IN the hills, lol. Really lovely. Can''t wait to see more!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!! It''s lovely!!!! I can see myself sitting on that porch in a nice comfie chair!!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
What a great house! I love it and the views. That mantle is wonderful (i agree that there is nothing like decorating a mantle for Christmas!) and gorgeously decorated! And the kitchen looks amazing too... i love those cabinets! Congratulations!!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Turned out GREAT! Love the design - has a bungalow/Arts & Crafts feel to it! Your hard work paid off - - Now go and enjoy a cocktail or two on your front porch!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on a beautiful home. Sure must be nice living in paradise... Can we drop by when we are on the Big Island? (just kidding).

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay kmom!! thanks for the peek!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

When can I move in?????? Looks fab inside
emlove.gif
and well the view outside
emlove.gif
.....what is there more so say!!!

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, what views!!! It''s a beautiful house, ENJOY
36.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful home K-mom!! Thanks for sharing it with us!
I adore wrap-around covered porches, and yours is incredible with all the windows! Enjoy settling in!
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I love it! So many windows and a great view too. What is the room above the garage?

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I want it, I want it, I want it ......... Can''t one want to live in Hawaii as much as one likes diamonds?
2.gif
1.gif

Unfortunately, only in my dreams.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Kmom, it looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing, and keep us posted as you get settled.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful, Lisa! I only wish I had gotten to see it before it was posted publicly. I should have been asking you for pictures when I *KNEW* you had wound up the construction. The house looks as if it belongs where it was placed, like part of the natural surroundings...and yet it is quite large and just pristine inside! I know you will live there happily, with a lot of love.

The best of luck!

Deb

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome!!
Congrates!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Thank you everyone for your kind words. OK, Ok, I know it''s not exactly the kind of sparkly as we know it, but it is definitely our new gem. Hard work and lots o''cash (aka new 30-yr mortgage
20.gif
) has earned us this new jewel and we are so happy.

Cflutist, when you come for your anniversary trip here, you must stop by. The Mauna Lani is only 30 minutes away from here.
2.gif

Patty, the room above the garage is a family room which is entered from inside the house. It''s the catch all room for now, IOW everything that doesn''t quite fit anywhere else is there.
39.gif
It''s where we have our entertainment unit, videos, stereo, sewing machine, computer, etc. It''s about 22''x22''. To think, we almost didn''t build it, and instead contemplated a 4th bedroom during the design phase, but in the end we decided to go ahead with it and are soo glad we did.

Garry, my home is in Hawaii, on the "Big Island," also named Hawaii. See here for map.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Please bear with me, I have more pics to share and since I am on a roll in uploading them I don't want to break my momentum.
20.gif

About every 3 weeks, I get to see my neighbors cattle rotated to the pasture which connects to my back yard. I love their faces, they are sooo adorable and one morning I captured them from my porch standing in on the hills as the sun came up.
Cows.jpg

Cowsonhill.jpg

The morning mist sits on the pasture and I tend to think I am in heaven.
Morningpasturemist.jpg

The next 2 shots are the views from the family room upstairs (above the garage). How is anyone s'pposed to get anything done around here?
9.gif

MaunaKeaView.jpg

MaunaKeaView.jpg

I am standing on the landing of the stairway of the family room looking down. To the left is the garage, to the right is the laundry room, which leads into the kitchen and the rest of the house.
Stairwaylookingdown.jpg

Full view of living room before it got *really* stuffed with boxes, shelves & furniture when we moved.
Livingroom.jpg

Full view of dining room from kitchen area. This was one of the last pics of it I took before we moved in last month.
Diningroom.jpg

Enjoy!

k''mom - wow, those views are stunning!!! the house is great
9.gif
but those views are breath-taking!!!

you inspired me to post a pic of my new home, not quite as grand as yours, but I like it --- it stretched my budget, I have it on a 35 yr mortgage, but I got a great interest rate, fixed for five years. it has no basement or attic, but the house occupies 3 floors, it has two spacious bedrooms, roughly equal in size, there is no bathroom but chamber pots are provided. all rooms have their own fireplace. there is aslo a large nursery, a 1st floor living room. on the ground floor there is a kitchen, opposite from the dining room. the kitchen equipped with all the turn of the century mod-cons (that is the turn of the last century...). I saved 20% because the front of the house is missing, though they tried to sell it to me as ventilation...

House.JPG

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
DG, I LOVE your home!!!! Yup, gotta watch those realtors, they can be slimy and try to make something outta nuttin, and make nuttin outta something. In your case, trying to turn a missing house front into ventilation feature is just absurd to me. I like your country kitchen. Would you care to come and help me decorate?
12.gif

I''m afraid it was like that when I moved in, I have the name of the previous owner somewhere, I''ll get it for you...

ok... here is is, name is Katie, she is 6 years old, from New Jersey, she studied at the "crayola" school of design in NY, she made all the units herself - she has a website, www.matchboxfurniture.com

lol

(no it is not a real site - I checked just to be sure, lol)

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wow! A spectacular homestead indeed!
30.gif
Congrats & many years of happiness there!
36.gif
1.gif

PS Freddy, Elmo, my husband and I are arriving Sunday--thanks for letting us live in your basement.
9.gif
2.gif
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results