shape
carat
color
clarity

::sigh::

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I KNOW the ''correct'' forum to put this on would be rocky talky, but I already post there way too much and mostly I want to be talked out of liking this stone, because it''s ROUND lol! But I can''t help it... I do like the stats (to the best of my understanding) and I''m so frustrated with the whole non-round thing and I think to myself, yanno... let''s just DO this! I didn''t want to go under a J but really, I don''t care that much about the color... I do want some flour though, I think it''d be fun. So... talk me down from the ledge LOL please :)

GIA
HCA 1.3
8.48-8.51x5.13
2.28c
k
vs2
cut excellent
polish vg
sym ex
flour med blue
table 59
depth 60.4
pav 40.8
crown 33.5

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Cehra....how could you!!

An RB??? A garden variety RB????

Just kidding of course...but I was getting such a vicarious thrill with you antique cushion quest. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do....

widget

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
where are all these 60/60 stones coming from all of a sudden?!

you''re right, this should be in RT...the mods will probably move it for you.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 7:50:28 PM
Author: widget
Oh, Cehra....how could you!!

An RB??? A garden variety RB????

Just kidding of course...but I was getting such a vicarious thrill with you antique cushion quest. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do....

widget
no no NOOOOOOO you''re not supposed to say I gotta do what I gotta do --- you''re supposed to say NO DON''T DO IT YOU FOOL YOU''LL REGRET IT!!! lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 8:04:14 PM
Author: Mara

Well I hope they don''t, because this is much less about the diamond than it is about me being frustrated and weary and seeking encouragement LOL Or rather *discouragement* from getting a "nice round" LOL

I really wish I could get away from the kids for a bit and go shopping... I can''t *imagine* taking three little kids with me to a fine jeweler LOL I''ve never laid eyes on an OMC and yet from what I hear (read) they''re going to be more what I want... but I *have* seen ideal rounds and I know they''re really spectacular... ::sigh::

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 8:21:41 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 7/21/2006 8:04:14 PM

Well I hope they don''t, because this is much less about the diamond than it is about me being frustrated and weary and seeking encouragement LOL Or rather *discouragement* from getting a ''nice round'' LOL

I really wish I could get away from the kids for a bit and go shopping... I can''t *imagine* taking three little kids with me to a fine jeweler LOL I''ve never laid eyes on an OMC and yet from what I hear (read) they''re going to be more what I want... but I *have* seen ideal rounds and I know they''re really spectacular... ::sigh::
I feel like Lennie in OMAM, "George... tell me more about the disco balls..." hehehe

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
cehr, i really do suggest that you do get into a store to see things in person. research online is all fine and good but you don't know until you have seen different shapes in person. it's kind of hard to help someone who doesn't even know what they really want. you are going to have to be a little more proactive physically to figure things out IMO.

people on PS are fabulous about assistance, but we have had some people on here recently who try even a saint's patience, you DON'T want to be one of those people right? right?!?!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, please don''t settle. if you love and want a RB go for it but if your heart is set on a fancy you need to stick with that. I have kids and know how hard it is to search in person but seriously you only need a vendor whom you can trust to find what you want. Once they get it you can have that stone sent to you or a nearby appraiser. If you do decide to go for a round, you''ll need to see a few in person to be sure of the color and the sparkle. there are a few 60/60 stone lovers around here but most don''t prefer them. You''ll need to see a few to see what your eye likes.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First I had a pear, then I had the oval from hell, and finally now I've moved on to rounds. Ceh, I understand where you're coming from. And at first I thought I was just "settling" because it was easier (it's NOT, by the way) but now that I have a round I'm enjoying it quite a bit ('till the next round--or whatever--comes along).

Seriously, take Mara and Mrs. S's advice and go see what's appealing to your eye in person.

P.S. - Mara, am I one of the ones that tried the PS saints' patience?!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL no DJ you were quite easy actually...well mostly.
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 8:52:22 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

P.S. - Mara, am I one of the ones that tried the PS saints'' patience?!
9.gif

i didn''t drive the gang nuts with my stone selection process...now the setting, that''s a totally different story
20.gif
9.gif
41.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Mrs. S., once I have The Stone in hand my setting proces will begin too, LOL!

What have you decided by the way? I''ve been living vicariously through you!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If i got a new stone, it would be sooo hard to choose the setting. I am loving all the upgrades going on now. But I would have no clue what to choose.
20.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Awwwww, Mara, everyone is feeling guilty now for trying the PS saints'' patience.............
2.gif
37.gif
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 9:01:44 PM
Oh, Mrs. S., once I have The Stone in hand my setting proces will begin too, LOL!

What have you decided by the way? I''ve been living vicariously through you!

I haven''t decided yet Dee Jay
7.gif
and driving hubby and bill p. nuts. I''m actually waiting for the new memoire rings to come in. after I see them, i''ll decide if i''m going to go with that set and a custom head, a solitaire/eternity set or the Ritani. I''m hoping it will be one of those 3.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 8:47:23 PM
cehr, i really do suggest that you do get into a store to see things in person. research online is all fine and good but you don''t know until you have seen different shapes in person. it''s kind of hard to help someone who doesn''t even know what they really want. you are going to have to be a little more proactive physically to figure things out IMO.

people on PS are fabulous about assistance, but we have had some people on here recently who try even a saint''s patience, you DON''T want to be one of those people right? right?!?!
9.gif
::sighs again:: well... the bright news for you then is that we''re having a huge party here on saturday with out of town guests and then we''re leaving for vacation for 2 weeks... so... I''m just making it so that you remember me in 3 weeks... yeah, that''s the ticket! ;-)

(
But hey - was that an offer to babysit so I can go shopping? It sure sounded like one!! :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 9:05:16 PM
Author: hlmr
Awwwww, Mara, everyone is feeling guilty now for trying the PS saints'' patience.............
2.gif
37.gif
31.gif
haha heather, i guess i have the knack for saying what people are thinking but never actually SAY...
31.gif

i actually love living vicariously through people with their upgrades or settings or similar, but people have to at some point, help themselves in order for PS''ers to help them get further on their decisions.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2006 9:05:53 PM
Author: mrssalvo

I haven''t decided yet Dee Jay
7.gif
and driving hubby and bill p. nuts. I''m actually waiting for the new memoire rings to come in. after I see them, i''ll decide if i''m going to go with that set and a custom head, a solitaire/eternity set or the Ritani. I''m hoping it will be one of those 3.

Ceh, first of all sorry for the threadjack!!!

Mrs. S., today I went to a jewler with a friend of mine whose emerald ring (of less than 3 months!) was stolen from her house and she is working with the insurance company to replace it. The jewler had brought in some stones and we were looking at settings too. "Is that the Gumuchian Fils* Eiffle Tower setting?" I screamed! (Which is one of the settings I was considering for my new round [whenever it might eventually present itself].) The jeweler was incredibly impressed, and my friend just took that as one more sign that I''m absolutely out of my mind. But, long story short, now that I''ve seen the setting in person I don''t want it any more at all. So I totally understand waht you''re going through. You poor thing! (*I mispronounced Gumuchian Fils in a horrible way, I must confess!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
cehr i don''t know your situation but are you NEVER without your children???
6.gif

girl, hire a babysitter for a few hours, go to the stores!!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
First I had a pear, then I had the oval from hell, and finally now I''ve moved on to rounds. Ceh, I understand where you''re coming from. And at first I thought I was just ''settling'' because it was easier (it''s NOT, by the way) but now that I have a round I''m enjoying it quite a bit (''till the next round--or whatever--comes along).

Seriously, take Mara and Mrs. S''s advice and go see what''s appealing to your eye in person.

9.gif
I really don''t mean to sound whiney - but, but, but, - I can go out relatively easy to see rounds... and it would be a lot more work to get out to see an OMC, and even then I''m *afraid* I''ll be disappointed by the old cut. Not an OMC itself, but the selection available - old proportions, lack of symmetry etc. And I hesitate to go look at more rounds without seeing a GOOD OMC because I don''t want to be won over, quite simply. So yes... my ignorance is somewhat on purpose at this point... I have leads, but I''m impatient and I need to be patient. I feel compelled to research this since there is just absolutely nothing out there about OMC, and what I end up researching is how fantabulistic rounds can be. It''s discouraging to find all of the info on OMC saying, oh well yeah no one cuts them anymore because they don''t perform like these round brilliants over here... anyway, as I was saying about round brilliants...

I feel hopeful yet discouraged and the mix is very unsettling. That''s why I posted here instead of RT. I guess I''m looking for some extra stamina! LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 8:59:38 PM
Author: mrssalvo

9.gif

i didn''t drive the gang nuts with my stone selection process...now the setting, that''s a totally different story
20.gif
9.gif
41.gif
well, then I''ll do the opposite LOL Because the setting is going to be easy for me. I will have it custom done and I already have more ideas than I can use LOL But narrowing them down won''t be a problem... I''m doing it with my husband :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 9:15:00 PM

First I had a pear, then I had the oval from hell, and finally now I've moved on to rounds. Ceh, I understand where you're coming from. And at first I thought I was just 'settling' because it was easier (it's NOT, by the way) but now that I have a round I'm enjoying it quite a bit ('till the next round--or whatever--comes along).

Seriously, take Mara and Mrs. S's advice and go see what's appealing to your eye in person.

P.S. - Mara, am I one of the ones that tried the PS saints' patience?!
9.gif
I really don't mean to sound whiney - but, but, but, - I can go out relatively easy to see rounds... and it would be a lot more work to get out to see an OMC, and even then I'm *afraid* I'll be disappointed by the old cut. Not an OMC itself, but the selection available - old proportions, lack of symmetry etc. And I hesitate to go look at more rounds without seeing a GOOD OMC because I don't want to be won over, quite simply. So yes... my ignorance is somewhat on purpose at this point... I have leads, but I'm impatient and I need to be patient. I feel compelled to research this since there is just absolutely nothing out there about OMC, and what I end up researching is how fantabulistic rounds can be. It's discouraging to find all of the info on OMC saying, oh well yeah no one cuts them anymore because they don't perform like these round brilliants over here... anyway, as I was saying about round brilliants...

I feel hopeful yet discouraged and the mix is very unsettling. That's why I posted here instead of RT. I guess I'm looking for some extra stamina! LOL
So you think you want an OMC but you don't really know enough about the cut nor have you seen a nice one in person...but you think this is the cut for you? Honestly with old stones you really HAVE to see them to fall in love with them. You cannot sit on here and ask people to DESCRIBE the cut to you. It just does not work...you never quite get the full picture. Find a place where you CAN see a well-cut OMC or even just a selection of them and get over there. If you can't do that now, then continue to research but don't think about giving in to get a round, that's just silly! How can you give up on something when you haven't even really scratched the surface because you are limiting yourself?

Bottom line is with the old cuts and many fancies as well you NEED NEED NEED to see them in person to even see if you like them! Until then it's all just gabbing with friends.

Lastly, this is supposed to be a fun process, one which you really shouldn't need 'stamina' for!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 9:11:46 PM

2.gif
37.gif
31.gif
haha heather, i guess i have the knack for saying what people are thinking but never actually SAY...
31.gif

i actually love living vicariously through people with their upgrades or settings or similar, but people have to at some point, help themselves in order for PS''ers to help them get further on their decisions.
I''m sorry that my posts have been irritating. I''ll try to cool it. ::turns off computer::

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 9:21:44 PM

Awwwww, Mara, everyone is feeling guilty now for trying the PS saints' patience.............
2.gif
37.gif
31.gif
31.gif

i actually love living vicariously through people with their upgrades or settings or similar, but people have to at some point, help themselves in order for PS'ers to help them get further on their decisions.
I'm sorry that my posts have been irritating. I'll try to cool it. ::turns off computer::
oh come on now, honestly, without the drama, i don't think it's too much to ask after how many posts you have so far on this one topic to actually get into a store and SEE SOME STONES before continuing on with more advice??
33.gif
am i really smoking the crack pipe here?!?!?

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 9:25:17 PM

2.gif
37.gif
31.gif
31.gif

I''m sorry that my posts have been irritating. I''ll try to cool it. ::turns off computer::
oh come on now, honestly, without the drama, i don''t think it''s too much to ask after how many posts you have so far on this one topic to actually get into a store and SEE SOME STONES before continuing on with more advice??
33.gif
My joke wasn''t at all directed at you cehrabehra. I had just been noticing that some people were feeling a little bit guilty for being indecisive at one point or another on PS (which is very normal
2.gif
). It is an interactive process and looking at some stones would be a great way to really see what you like and don''t like. Honestly, people are here to help and wish you well in your search but you do have to do some homework too.
34.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 9:38:06 PM

Date: 7/21/2006 9:25:17 PM

Awwwww, Mara, everyone is feeling guilty now for trying the PS saints' patience.............
2.gif
37.gif
31.gif
31.gif

i actually love living vicariously through people with their upgrades or settings or similar, but people have to at some point, help themselves in order for PS'ers to help them get further on their decisions.
I'm sorry that my posts have been irritating. I'll try to cool it. ::turns off computer::
oh come on now, honestly, without the drama, i don't think it's too much to ask after how many posts you have so far on this one topic to actually get into a store and SEE SOME STONES before continuing on with more advice??
33.gif
My joke wasn't at all directed at you cehrabehra. I had just been noticing that some people were feeling a little bit guilty for being indecisive at one point or another on PS (which is very normal
2.gif
). It is an interactive process and looking at some stones would be a great way to really see what you like and don't like. Honestly, people are here to help and wish you well in your search but you do have to do some homework too.
34.gif
heather you, as always, are much more diplomatic than i am...of course people love to help, cehr...but i guess they need help on how to proceed.
1.gif
anyhoo...i'm tapped out on this topic. hehee. onwards!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Look Chehra, i made a new one with engraving and it's for OMC, i really like those stones and think if you ask a pro to find fiery one for you they will.

Mirr1.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cehra, I can relate.

I had a (small) round for 24 years. I was finally getting my upgrade. I didn''t want another round, I wanted something different. I love different! Originally, I wanted an Asscher. But for me, I didn''t feel it was a "practical" stone. I''m anal, it would drive me crazy keeping it clean. So that went to the "when I win the lottery or inherit some money" burner.

Then I looked at cushions, radiants, and then a Flanders. I fell in love, and made an offer the jeweler wouldn''t take. That left me thinking. Thinking about my SIL''s huge round, that constantly showered sparkles when she talked with her hands. I wanted that, no doubt. And nothing else was going to give me that much sparkle. As much as I loved the Flanders, it was no round.

So, I decided to go with a round again. As much as I wanted different, I wanted sparkles more. I now have a stunning round, and I have not once regretted my decision. And I''m so glad the jeweler didn''t take my offer, as I think I would be in a world of regret right now.

So, go, look, follow your heart. I believe you will end up with what is meant to be!

mia15

Shiny_Rock
Cehra, what area are you from?

I looked at a large selection OMCs and OECs earlier this week for the first time. They''re lovely! I''m going to second Mara and say, though, that you need to see them in person and add that every shape looks sooo different on your hand.

The old cuts show a lot of flashes of different color. Not the kind of thing I''d depend on a monitor for.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a huge passion for OEC''s and OMC''s. If that''s what you truly want stick with it. Have you contacted Fay Cullen??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results