shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your crafty side!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
After seeing Elisateach's thread about getting glue on her ring when making her cute crafty pumpkins, I thought it would be great for all of us to share our crafty sides! I just recently made some glitter pumpkins and a yarn wreath with felt flowers so I'll start by sharing some pics:

img_2634.jpg

img_2717.jpg

img_2697.jpg

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I also made this Detroit Tigers quilt for my nephew when he was born 2 years ago. His room had a baseball theme and his parents are huge Tigers fans so I thought it was appropriate!

66989_1569517512047_4147635_n.jpg

71676_1569517712052_7292719_n.jpg

36156_1569517952058_6285125_n.jpg

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock
That wreath is amazing. I need you to make one for my house!

I'm also into quilting and all sorts of crafty stuff - other sewing and scrapbooking, but I can't seem to do the whole wreath/home dec stuff very well. No pic on this computer though.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
OneFifty|1352216051|3299839 said:

I'm also into quilting and all sorts of crafty stuff - other sewing and scrapbooking, but I can't seem to do the whole wreath/home dec stuff very well. No pic on this computer though.

Thank you, the wreath was a fun project! I'm hoping to do a Christmas one next.

The only sewing I can do is straight lines :bigsmile: I've made 3 quilts, a few throw pillows, and some table runners and I'm going to be making some curtains soon. You'll have to share some pics of your projects!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your wreath is so soft looking! Warm for winter. Plus, cute kitty!

I have just started up a new hobby and am not ready to display the results yet....hahaha I've taken up acrylic painting and have done four paintings, but they look VERY novice-like. Too embarrassing to post. ;-) Maybe someone else here paints? I am going to have to go back and get better brushes as the brushes shedded a lot so I have to determine which brand is good, yet not not super expensive since I already spent a bunch on defective brushes!

audball

Ideal_Rock
stargurl78|1352216326|3299843 said:
OneFifty|1352216051|3299839 said:

Thank you, the wreath was a fun project! I'm hoping to do a Christmas one next.

The only sewing I can do is straight lines :bigsmile: I've made 3 quilts, a few throw pillows, and some table runners and I'm going to be making some curtains soon. You'll have to share some pics of your projects!
I love the wreath too! Can you post instructions on how you made it and how much of what materials you needed?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
MC|1352217537|3299851 said:
Your wreath is so soft looking! Warm for winter. Plus, cute kitty!

I have just started up a new hobby and am not ready to display the results yet....hahaha I've taken up acrylic painting and have done four paintings, but they look VERY novice-like. Too embarrassing to post. ;-) Maybe someone else here paints? I am going to have to go back and get better brushes as the brushes shedded a lot so I have to determine which brand is good, yet not not super expensive since I already spent a bunch on defective brushes!

Thank you MC! And my kitty likes to observe every craft project, sometimes getting a little too involved! (Let's just say I've found yarn/thread in her poop on several occasions, I'm lucky it didn't cause any damage to her little insides!)

I have made 2 very simple paintings before, I can post some pics later in the week. But they are VERY novice, just painted canvas with some circles on them. Post yours, I'm sure they look great!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
audball|1352219005|3299856 said:
I love the wreath too! Can you post instructions on how you made it and how much of what materials you needed?

I'll try my best to explain it but I didn't go by any specific instructions or anything. First, I bought a straw wreath from my local fabric/craft store (leave the plastic on it or you might have a mess). I bought one spool of yarn (not sure how many yards it was though). Then I tied one end around the wreath and started wrapping the yarn around the wreath until all of the bare parts were covered. Once I got to the end, I used a hot glue gun to secure the end piece to the wreath. For the felt flowers, I just bought some random squares of felt in the colors I thought would work. I found a couple of tutorials online, it just depends what style of flower you want. You basically cut a circle of felt into a spiral and then roll up the spiral, using hot glue to keep it together as you roll. You can cut little "V's" along the spiral to make petals. Here are a few tutorials:

http://www.littlethingsbringsmiles.com/2010/12/felt-fun.html

http://www.salttree.net/2011/05/craft-felt-flower-tutorials-compilation.html

I cut out little circles of felt and glued them in the center of the flowers because I thought would add a nice touch. I placed the flowers on the wreath and once I decided on an arrangement I liked, I hot glued them into place. Then I took the cranberry-colored yarn and wrapped it around the wreath to add more color to it. I hot-glued the ends in place on the back of the wreath.

There are tons of inspiration wreaths on Etsy. This was the one that inspired the one I made:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62768320/yarn-wreath-felt-handmade-door?ref=usr_faveitems

Hope that helps!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stargurl78|1352221211|3299880 said:
I'll try my best to explain it but I didn't go by any specific instructions or anything.

Hope that helps!

Oh, you're one of those "I just see it in my mind's eye, I'll just whip it up in a jiffy" folks, eh?!! :lol:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realize I better make it clear that I love your crafts - especially your pumpkins.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1352225092|3299916 said:
stargurl78|1352221211|3299880 said:
I'll try my best to explain it but I didn't go by any specific instructions or anything.

Hope that helps!

Oh, you're one of those "I just see it in my mind's eye, I'll just whip it up in a jiffy" folks, eh?!! :lol:

:lol: Haha, only sometimes. And other times I think I know what I'm doing and it turns out terrible :rolleyes:

minousbijoux said:
I realize I better make it clear that I love your crafts - especially your pumpkins.

And thank you =) They made a huge mess though. I've never used spray adhesive before and I got that and glitter all over the kitchen :knockout:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the compliments! Here are a few more. Christmas is next.. Ornaments and glass block

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1352245743.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1352245764.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1352245790.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1352245892.jpg

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
stargurl78 said:
I also made this Detroit Tigers quilt for my nephew when he was born 2 years ago. His room had a baseball theme and his parents are huge Tigers fans so I thought it was appropriate!
I am always impressed with quilters!! Such detail! Very cute quilts!!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I made mustache straws for my friend's bday. Super cute and easy. I made them while I was watching tv. Cut a variety of mustache shapes out of black foam craft sheets. Snip a little hole in the middle of each mustache and slip a bendy straw through the hole

imageuploadedbytapatalk1352260765.jpg

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Elisateach, I love your craftiness! Can't wait to see more of your Christmas goodies!

tuffyluvr - Love the mustache straws! :bigsmile:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elisateach|1352242734|3300142 said:
Thank you for the compliments! Here are a few more. Christmas is next.. Ornaments and glass block

Elisateach - I love your pumpkins, especially the orange one with the little bumps on it. What did you use for that one?

You've enspired me to get some materials to make some ornaments this year! My boys are each given a couple of ornaments every year and it'd be nice to do something different than buy more from World Market!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
stargurl78|1352220622|3299872 said:
MC|1352217537|3299851 said:
Yo

I have made 2 very simple paintings before, I can post some pics later in the week. But they are VERY novice, just painted canvas with some circles on them. Post yours, I'm sure they look great!!!

I'd love to see your paintings! Doing some basic ones of just circles and abstract shapes is my next plan! It'd be nice to have some empty wall space we have filled up with color, but I don't think I can learn in a couple of months how to truely paint, so abstract is a good short-term option! ;-) lol I may have to take a class... ! The ones I made are so ridiculous. I gave one to my son and he loves it! hahaha

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I'm loving all these crafts! Very creative, and so pretty!

I do decorative painting, basically I just take plain or unfinished pieces and try to jazz them up a little lol. Not technically a craft, but since painting came up I thought it would be ok to post a few of my pieces.

holly_glass_vase.jpg

ornies.jpg

yel_points_tray.jpg

pitcher_red_fl.jpg

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17 said:

I do decorative painting, basically I just take plain or unfinished pieces and try to jazz them up a little lol. Not technically a craft, but since painting came up I thought it would be ok to post a few of my pieces.
Very nice work:)
Love the ornaments! The detail is so good. Yes it is a craft in my book, you crafted it didn't you;-)

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
MichelleCarmen said:

Elisateach - I love your pumpkins, especially the orange one with the little bumps on it. What did you use for that one?

You've enspired me to get some materials to make some ornaments this year! My boys are each given a couple of ornaments every year and it'd be nice to do something different than buy more from World Market!
Why thank you!
The bumpy pumpkin was painted copper and then I just glued on( watch that hot glue) in rows those gem rocks you can get at Michaels. I did a vase like that too and painted it black as a centerpiece for a Halloween table.

Kayden

Rough_Rock
What a fun thread!!

Love all the holiday crafting! I am So addicted to Pinterest it's ridiculous!! (It is fun to see photos if my ring scattered around there however! ;))

Here is my most recent craft. It's an old barn window turned photo frame. :)

_1739.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Junebug, your work are gorgeous.

This is my kids' craft... pumpkin painting. Top is by my 4yo DD and bottom is my 2yo (closer to 3 actually) DS.

281555_4791768602728_1633303756_n.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elisateach|1352318993|3300673 said:
MichelleCarmen said:

Why thank you!
The bumpy pumpkin was painted copper and then I just glued on( watch that hot glue) in rows those gem rocks you can get at Michaels. I did a vase like that too and painted it black as a centerpiece for a Halloween table.

Cool! I'm going to play around with trying something out...I went to Michael's a few hours ago and they were all set to go for Christmas (lol!), so I left w/out any sort of Thanksgiving decor. I've been hunting for a turkey decoration...none have been exactly right so possibly time to make my own crafted turkey.

What kind of paint for the vase? I just purchased five large tubes of acrylic paint the other day...would that work?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1352308885|3300567 said:

Junebug - these are BEAUTIFUL! What kind of paint do you use?

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Wreaths, quilts, pumpkins, hand painting, barn window frames and mustaches, oh my! You gals are suuuuper creative! I love it all! :appl:

I spend all day, every day being crafty and creative. I know it's crazy, but I keep coming up with new ideas , then I gotta make them...crazily crafting away--it's so addictive!

I mostly make children's boutique style clothing, hair accessories and play things. I also like to make women's accessories--think key fobs, change purses, zipper bags. Every presidential election I make a pet themed design set for both Re "pup" licans and Democratic doggies. Woof! Here's what I came up with this year:

I designed all of the artwork, then used software to tell my embroidery machine how to create the stitches. Then embroidered the design onto the button covers, t-shirts felt or whatever I am making. :rodent:

I also made some Halloween themed play food (witch hat iced cut out cookies and play dough (so to speak...lol) , reusable snack and sandwich bags with peanut butter and jelly felt zipper pulls, and a fall themed outfit and hair bows for a little girl named Ellie. :)

Oops--I'm limited to only four files---so I'll post the rest later...if I havne't bored you enough already. :wink2:

politicalpetsobamatalkbubble.jpg

politicalpetsromneytalkbubble.jpg

witchhatplayfoodcookies.jpg

witchhatcookiedoughcopy.jpg

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
...the rest of the stuff... and that';s it for tonight I am late for my Crafter's Anonymous meeting. Just kidding! I do wonder if there is a 12-step program for my crafting addition though....hmmmm. :wink2:

7x12sandwichbag.jpg

6x10sandwichbag.jpg

pumpkimpatchalphabet.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1352329979|3300764 said:
junebug17|1352308885|3300567 said:

Junebug - these are BEAUTIFUL! What kind of paint do you use?

Thanks MC!! I use Plaid Folk-art acrylics, and on glass I use Folk-art enamel paints.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results