shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Us Your Christmas Table

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are having our family Christmas at our house tomorrow. There will be 18 of us. We bought Christmas china this year and my dad gave me the holly glasses my mom had. The silver (8 servings of it anyway) were my grandmothers. We'll set up another table tomorrow in our living room and 2 people will either eat on stools at the counter or use TV trays. I found napkins that match the plates at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Post your Christmas table pictures if you want. I'd love to see what everyone is doing.

img_3105.jpg

img_3106.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Marcy! It looks so pretty! Very festive and elegant.

I wish I had a table designed to show, but we don't host dinners for the holidays yet plus our dining table only seats 4! I have a ton of Christmas tableware, china, linens, chargers, but it's in storage til we can actually use it.

Hope others post theirs, I love looking at all the tasteful decor of Pricescopers!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1387661322|3578841 said:
Oh, Marcy! It looks so pretty! Very festive and elegant.

I wish I had a table designed to show, but we don't host dinners for the holidays yet plus our dining table only seats 4! I have a ton of Christmas tableware, china, linens, chargers, but it's in storage til we can actually use it.

Hope others post theirs, I love looking at all the tasteful decor of Pricescopers!

Thanks! Before we moved we couldn't seat more than 4 people so having a table that seats 10 is a big treat for us. I hope you'll get your Christmas dinnerware out soon and we'll get to see it! :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that my MIL has that same China. I've always liked it!

You just reminded me that I can do a Chistmas table. I'm so excited all of the sudden. We're having friends over and I now so excited.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh marcy, I love Christmas china and I love yours! Your table looks very festive. My Christmas china pattern is called Mr. Snowman. Here is a picture from last year. We switch off years and this isn't my year.

christmas_table.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1387702018|3579011 said:
I think that my MIL has that same China. I've always liked it!

You just reminded me that I can do a Chistmas table. I'm so excited all of the sudden. We're having friends over and I now so excited.

Gypsy, how fun to be excited about having friends over for Christmas so you can set up a great Christmas table. Post a picture if you get time. Have fun! :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1387724298|3579075 said:
Oh marcy, I love Christmas china and I love yours! Your table looks very festive. My Christmas china pattern is called Mr. Snowman. Here is a picture from last year. We switch off years and this isn't my year.

Catmom, your table with the Mr. Snowman look awesome. It looks very festive. :appl: I have always wanted Christmas dishes and started the silver Christmas tree set from Williams Sonoma over 20 years ago but sadly we only bought 2 settings and never got more. That reminds me I should get those 2 plates down so I can use them today. Are the snowmen on the table salt and pepper shakers? They are so cute.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1387727534|3579094 said:

Catmom, your table with the Mr. Snowman look awesome. It looks very festive. :appl: I have always wanted Christmas dishes and started the silver Christmas tree set from Williams Sonoma over 20 years ago but sadly we only bought 2 settings and never got more. That reminds me I should get those 2 plates down so I can use them today. Are the snowmen on the table salt and pepper shakers? They are so cute.

Thanks marcy! The snowmen in that picture are actually a sugar dish and a cream pitcher. Here are my snowman salt and pepper shakers. :lol:

img_6798.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1387728129|3579098 said:
marcy|1387727534|3579094 said:

Thanks marcy! The snowmen in that picture are actually a sugar dish and a cream pitcher. Here are my snowman salt and pepper shakers. :lol:

Those are really cute too. I think i will hit some after Christmas clearance and see if I can find some cute things like that for our table next year.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will try to remember to take a picture, but it will be Christmas Day before I have it all on the table!

I love seeing these! So pretty!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1387763776|3579291 said:
I will try to remember to take a picture, but it will be Christmas Day before I have it all on the table!

I love seeing these! So pretty!

Diamondseeker, the only reason I remembered was I set the table the day before. I should post an after picture of what my kitchen looks like now. Ha ha. Once I've rested I will be loading the dishwasher for the third time. :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, your table looks so inviting and beautiful! I love your china!

Catmom, your table is so fun and festive! Love it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Marcy and Catmom your tables look so nice! :love: Can I come over? hehe :D :halo:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have six cats. Setting the table an hour before eating is hazardous, let alone days. But I did go find some inspirations pics and I promise to post pics of the actual table when I set it. :wavey:

I did a white and silver tree this year, so I am carrying the theme over to the table. Just bought a nice white tablecloth and napkins!

FYI if you want to find some nice stuff for your table, I recommend world market, target and pier one. I've seen some pretty stuff there very reasonably priced.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1387776874|3579365 said:
I have six cats. Setting the table an hour before eating is hazardous, let alone days. But I did go find some inspirations pics and I promise to post pics of the actual table when I set it. :wavey:

I did a white and silver tree this year, so I am carrying the theme over to the table. Just bought a nice white tablecloth and napkins!

FYI if you want to find some nice stuff for your table, I recommend world market, target and pier one. I've seen some pretty stuff there very reasonably priced.

Thank you! You're obviously a mind reader.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love tablescapes that are by real people! These are so nice to see, Catmom your table is so fun and Marcy I love that china pattern so pretty! Looking foward to seeing more. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Junebug, Skippy and Artdecogirl.

Gypsy, I can’t imagine what your cats would do to your table. I like your color them; it sounds very pretty. We do have a Pier 1 here and we looked there for dishes; I need to go check them out again for things like salt and pepper shakers.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This picture didn't turn out great but this is the pattern we have 2 place settings of, we got the 2 sets and never bought anymore.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1387843385.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that's pretty. I like the gold trees! I really do like the holly patten of your other China though. It's lovely and festive.

I'm going to pick up the house tonight. And make the centerpiece for the table. I was going to do fresh flowers, but... decided to just use all the left over decorating stuff at home.
Then tomorrow I have to grocery shop for the meal and do a little prep work.

We're having a brunch though so it's an easy meal. A ham, eggs, country potatoes with green onion and bell pepper, fresh baked croissants and scones. I'm not 100% sure I'm making the scones though. And I was hoping for some nice fruit for a fruit salad.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1387784305|3579390 said:
Gypsy|1387776874|3579365 said:

Thank you! You're obviously a mind reader.

West Elm, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel and William's Sonoma as well. Oh and sur la Table. But those are more expensive.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1387847509|3579748 said:
Oh that's pretty. I like the gold trees! I really do like the holly patten of your other China though. It's lovely and festive.

I'm going to pick up the house tonight. And make the centerpiece for the table. I was going to do fresh flowers, but... decided to just use all the left over decorating stuff at home.
Then tomorrow I have to grocery shop for the meal and do a little prep work.

We're having a brunch though so it's an easy meal. A ham, eggs, country potatoes with green onion and bell pepper, fresh baked croissants and scones. I'm not 100% sure I'm making the scones though. And I was hoping for some nice fruit for a fruit salad.

Gypsy, the trees are silver but the color in the picture didn't come out well. We actually had leftovers on the tree plates tonight. It made the leftovers taste so much better. :bigsmile: I am very happy with the holly pattern china.

Great idea to make your centerpiece out of the leftover decorating stuff. It will match everything you put up and saves you some money. I like the idea of a brunch; your menu sounds terrific. I love fresh fruit salad. I'd eat that for a meal. :appl:

Have fun shopping and doing some prep work for Christmas.

I love all the stores you suggested. They are some of my favorite stores.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christmas dinner is at our house this year, I went pretty simple with the decor, but did have a bit of fun folding the napkins to look like Christmas trees! A bit gimmicky but they look cute. :bigsmile:

christmas_2013.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandiAndi|1387933951|3580198 said:
Christmas dinner is at our house this year, I went pretty simple with the decor, but did have a bit of fun folding the napkins to look like Christmas trees! A bit gimmicky but they look cute. :bigsmile:

DandiAndi, your table looks great. The napkin trees turned out fantastic! :wavey:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Love these shots!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so excited. I just ordered some more of my Christmas dishes, I had to because it's about 66% off. :appl: I bought the small bread and butter plates, a divided relish tray, snowmen salt and pepper shakers, gravy boat and a holly pattern tablecloth.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
This thread inspired me to break out with our heirloom china, given to us by my husband's aunt. The pattern is small bonsai trees in gold....she also gave us the gold plated cutlery! We are hand washing everything I guess!

_12987.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1388006041|3580425 said:
This thread inspired me to break out with our heirloom china, given to us by my husband's aunt. The pattern is small bonsai trees in gold....she also gave us the gold plated cutlery! We are hand washing everything I guess!

Jaysonsmom, your china and cutlery are amazing. I really like them. Your table looks fantastic. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And I came back to drool over the wine. :bigsmile:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
marcy|1388006850|3580430 said:

And I came back to drool over the wine. :bigsmile:

Maybe I'll post one with the wine later....my brother who is bringing the wine is LATE! I had to grab champagne and sparking cider for the picture!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I got a picture of my kitchen table before the glassware was placed and another of the dining room without the napkins! But you can at least get an idea!

2013-12-25_09.jpg

2013-12-25_0.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results