shape
carat
color
clarity

Shooting at Penn...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am scared to death.. Helicopters are over DD''s house. Shooting occured at the movie theater. 4 shots fired, gunman on the loose. I told the girls to make sure all doors were locked, and to get to the second floor away from any windows...

I called the TV station, and they were very helpful. A student was hit, or students...

I am so scared, I had this with DS at his school and now this... I pray for anyone that was hit....
15.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no... My prayers are with everyone there. What is going on in the world right now????
38.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/15/2010 8:37:10 PM
Author:Kaleigh
I am scared to death.. Helicopters are over DD''s house. Shooting occured at the movie theater. 4 shots fired, gunman on the loose. I told the girls to make sure all doors were locked, and to get to the second floor away from any windows...

I called the TV station, and they were very helpful. A student was hit, or students...

I am so scared, I had this with DS at his school and now this... I pray for anyone that was hit....
15.gif
Ex advise K,so many crazy people in this world
38.gif
hope they find that nut soon!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! How horrible. Glad you''ve spoken with DD and she is okay. Hopefully they will catch the person quickly.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry, Lisa. You didn't need this. I hope this stops soon without (further?) bloodshed.

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fox News says:

"At least two people were shot, including an off-duty police officer, in a robbery Friday at a movie theater in Philadelphia, MyFoxPhilly.com reported.
The shooting happened when the officer tried to stop the robbery at the Bridge Theater and was shot in the shoulder. At least one other person was shot, but none of the injuries were life-threatening, MyFoxPhilly.com reported.Police still are looking for the suspect."

Isn't it good when it is just regular, old-fashioned crime for greed and not someone shooting up a campus for some other, hard to fathom reason? (irony here, folks, don't jump on me)

AGBF
34.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/15/2010 9:08:49 PM
Author: AGBF

Isn't it good when it is just regular, old-fashioned crime for greed and not someone shooting up a campus for some other, hard to fathom reason? (irony here, folks, don't jump on me)

I hear you, AGBF. Phew.

Kaleigh: I'm sorry you had to go through that... and I'm so glad it wasn't worse than what was reported above. You never know what to expect these days, it seems.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 9:13:16 PM
Author: VRBeauty

Date: 1/15/2010 9:08:49 PM
Author: AGBF

Isn''t it good when it is just regular, old-fashioned crime for greed and not someone shooting up a campus for some other, hard to fathom reason? (irony here, folks, don''t jump on me)

I hear you, AGBF. Phew.

Kaleigh: I''m sorry you had to go through that... and I''m so glad it wasn''t worse than what was reported above. You never know what to expect these days, it seems.
No I hear you. I said it was a shooting at a movie theater... A shooting at Penn... You gotta know how it is for me...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/15/2010 9:25:05 PM
Author: Kaleigh

No I hear you. I said it was a shooting at a movie theater... A shooting at Penn... You gotta know how it is for me...
I would assume that it is not over for you, Lisa. Until the criminals are caught, I am sure you don't want your daughter on the streets! Keep us informed!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Lisa, how scarey for you and your daughter!! Hope the guy is caught soon!!!

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
I hope they catch the shooter(s). What is wrong with people? I am sorry you had to deal with this...so frightening.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
im sorry kaleigh
7.gif
its hard when bad things happen and you''re not near the people you love to protect them...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
He's still on the loose. I have been on the phone with Penn Security.

I am livid as the system failed. These kids should have been notified by email. I am co President of Penn's Parents Council with my husband, and this is not something we will stand for. Someone dropped the ball.
29.gif

I talked to the head of security and said you make sure these kids know what is going on!! You have that guy out there, who has shot 2 people.. These kids have no clue!!!

I have no words. I will be up worrying most of the night. If I could talk to President of Penn right now, I would... Grrrr.
14.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, I just read this!

Kaleigh, my heart goes out to you! Am glad your DD is safe! I have been trying to get hold of my DD (she is in Wharton) to find out how she is but haven't got through yet due to 6 hrs time difference and she has her mobile off! I am so worried!
23.gif

Please report back when you know more!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The world is becoming a more frightening place every day. I hope everyone at the university is safe.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry that you have to go through this anxiety and stress.

Having lived 1/2 block away from there and been associate with Penn, I know the area and Penn very well. This is not really on Penn''s campus directly(although it''s well within the Penn patroled area) and could that perhaps be a reason why they didn''t initiate Penns emergency alert? That side of campus borders some not so good neighborhoods... are you aware of the mob scenes that occured at the intersection with the Bridge/Fresh Gro/McDonalds?... there are handfuls of cops there in the evenings to prevent this now. It had become a local west philly hangout for the teenagers and with it came the gang fights. It was good to see that Penn took action against this. I think their security is very progressive and I''m sure they will be more vigilant in the future... I know that doesn''t help you right now though.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
What a terrible worry.

I am interested to hear that you both are on the Council - well done for helping to inform and protect. I hope you can find out why the warning was not issued.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Ugh....I''m so sorry! How stressful for you!!! I hope they found the guy so you and your daughter can breath.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I hope they find the guy soon... I''m so sorry to hear this, you must be so worried
8.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad DD is ok and hope the catch the guy soon, I''m sure this is going to be a long night for you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results