shape
carat
color
clarity

Say it ain''t so, Sammy Sosa!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
The only skin cream that I know of that causes a drastic change in skin color is bleaching cream. But I didn''t realize they lightened eye color either.

He looked fine just the way he was. He was rugged and handsome.

It''s amazing what low self-esteem does to people, regardless of their economic status.
38.gif

"''Former Cubs slugger Sammy Sosa denies suffering from skin condition that plagued Michael Jackson''

BY Christian Red and Isaac Lopez
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITERS

Sammy Sosa''s health is fine, and his fans need not worry about any dire medical condition afflicting the former Cubs slugger, who chased Roger Maris'' single-season home run record alongside Mark McGwire in 1998.

And no, the Dominican-born Sosa says he is not trying to imitate the late King of Pop, Michael Jackson, who suffered from the condition vitiligo, when the skin loses its pigment.

"I''m doing well, doing well, thanks to God. A little surprised by the tsunami of attention," Sosa said in a Spanish interview with Univision reporter Tony Dandrades Tuesday on the program "Primer Impacto." It was the first of a two-part interview.

Photographs of Sosa during a recent appearance at the Latin Grammys in Las Vegas showed his facial skin tone to be almost white. He last played in the majors in 2007 with Texas.

"What''s going on with your skin?" asked Dandrades.

"I use a cream to keep my skin smooth and soft. I apply it before I go to bed. When I was playing for Chicago all those years, I was in the sun a lot for 1 o''clock games," said Sosa, who turns 41 tomorrow. "The flashes (from the cameras) also made my skin look lighter. I''m surprised with the controversy this has caused."

Sosa, who would not tell Dandrades the name of the cream he uses, did say that it is European and that he is in negotiations to market the product. He added that he wears colored contact lenses because he wanted to "try something different. I''m not trying to be superficial."

Asked by Dandrades if Sosa was trying to be like Jackson, the 1998 NL MVP laughed.

"Not at all, I respect him very much," said Sosa, who gave the interview at his Miami penthouse apartment on Monday. "I''m not a racist. I''m not like that. I''m just a happy person."

Sosa, who is sixth on baseball''s all-time home run list with 609, said he started using the cream after finishing his playing career. He said that he cannot stay in the sun too long if the cream is applied. Sosa also chuckled when Dandrades asked if the rest of Sosa''s body had the same skin tone as his face.

"That would be a problem," said Sosa.

Sosa was reported to have tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs during MLB''s 2003 survey testing year. He also made an awkward appearance before Congress in 2005 when he said, "I have never taken illegal performance-enhancing drugs. I have never injected myself or had anyone inject me with anything. I have not broken the laws of the United States or the laws of the Dominican Republic."

Steroids are legal in Sosa''s native Dominican Republic."

alg_sosa-then-now_1_6_1.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Is it me or did his whole body get lighter?
23.gif

50442734.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn''t lighten eye colour. He is now wearing green contacts. Yuck.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2009 12:50:18 AM
Author: thing2of2
He looks so creepy like this! Yikes.
I agree. He looks really creepy, like he''s a zombie. It just doesn''t look right on him.

I also think Michael Jackson was handsome just the way he was, before he changed his body.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, he really did look much nicer before he started using his "special cream".

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I was disappointed to see this earlier this week. It''s a really dramatic difference! He''s clearly trying to appear ''lighter'' in all respects, hence the green/gray contacts to go with his new lighter skin colour.
38.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
He was so handsome before, it''s such a shame.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
He looked way better before. Why is he doing it? I agree Michael Jackson looked way better (even cute as a kid) before all the plastic surgery.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
UGH!! He looks awful. It isn''t just the skin whitening. He is either putting on weight which is showing in his face, or he is also getting some injections. He would probably look much better if he just let himself age naturally. Oh well, it''s his life, his body.

I hate it when the weight gain goes straight to the face...that happens to me too. My sister can gain 80 pounds and practically none of it would go to her face. I gain 15 and my whole face changes. I hate that!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results