shape
carat
color
clarity

San Jose PSrs - any recs?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm flying out for a conference and wondered if there might be anything particularly note-worthy, bling-related or otherwise. Anybody on here a local?

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Joe Escobar is the obvious suggestion. I've been there lots, and I can still spend hours there on a single visit. :naughty:

Where will you be staying when you're here? Will you have a rental car during your visit?

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Second on Escobar. It's near SJ and they have good stuff. They did my ring setting and it's been great.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
star sparkle said:
Joe Escobar is the obvious suggestion. I've been there lots, and I can still spend hours there on a single visit. :naughty:

Where will you be staying when you're here? Will you have a rental car during your visit?

Ooo, good call - I know a lot of the West Coast places by reputation, but the geography can escape me ... I didn't realize they would be close enough for me to visit! I'm at the San Jose Marriot, and while I won't have a car, GoogleMaps tells me it's a short light rail ride away ... :appl:

Beacon said:
Second on Escobar. It's near SJ and they have good stuff. They did my ring setting and it's been great.

Yay, JE is definitely on the list.

If that's the main local jewelry rec (and right now I am cursing that the SingleStone trunk show would take me $100+ in taxi fare ... I would have LOVED to go to that), anything else good on the vintage front? Flea markets, thrift shops ...? And on a more cultural note (I know, I know, it should have been my first thought), museums or galleries you'd recommend?

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
So since you expressed interest in the SS trunk show, I take it that means you're in town now or will be shortly? If your heart is set on it, you could make it up there via public transportation (a combination of CalTrain, BART, and MUNI). Might take a bit of time, but would be significantly cheaper than the cab fare would be!

The Tech museum downtown SJ is a fun way to kill some time and it's really close to your hotel. The San Jose Museum of Art is also right by you, so that's another option. I'm not too well-versed in the antique/vintage scene around here so I can't really comment on that, unfortunately. If you're able to make it to SF, of course I'd recommend a visit to Lang's. :naughty:

I work about a block away from the Marriott in SJ, let me know if you want to do a little impromptu gtg!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
and if you do make it to SF, check out Union Street Jewelers as well as Lang's.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results