shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommendations on cat furniture. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
At some point today if I get a chance I will try to remember all the stuff the behaviorist said. But I am getting a ''report'' in the next week that will outline more of what I need to do, so I''m sorta waiting for that since the 2 hours is now a complete blur in my mind. LOL.

Anyway, it appears that my attempts to escape getting a honkin'' cat tree have not gone unnoticed, and my piddly attempt at purchasing something *only* 3 feet tall did not exactly fulfill the requirement (though Chloe adores it and has adopted it as her ''shelter'' so not a total loss...). So I need to get, like, a 6 footer or slightly shorter. Slightly. Anyway, I don''t want to turn the house into a cat sanctuary or anything crazy but do want to get a tree so that when the 2 kids have to coexist, they can do it while establishing their vertical territory and not killing each other. Since I don''t want to look like a crazy cat lady, and I want the tree to be nice, I was looking at some that have actual thick wood branches as columns (cats can scratch ''em and they look pretty...for awhile), and I don''t want anything shoddy but I don''t want to go insanely broke on this thing either.

Anybody have any recommendations? I was looking at www.angelicalcat.com and they''ve got some gorgeous stuff but the shipping costs are OUCHY.

TIA.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
No idea, but I think I know the high end kind you are describing. Very nice. Honestly if it will be pricey anyway I would buy one that you can look on as home decor and spend the extra $$$.

I don't know why they cover them all with that terrible carpet stuff
14.gif

If it's possible why not have something nice and all wood and just put faux lambskin pads or something else soft in the perches where they will be invisible to the (human) observer.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
http://www.playtimeworkshop.com/katimanjaro_cat_furniture.htm

the colors on this one make it slightly more bearable, even though this site''s still have the dust-collecting, impossible to clean carpet nonsense all over them.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like that lotus. Though I watched the movie of the cat climbing on it and it wobbled a little when the cat jumped to the top level.
40.gif

I like the idea on the front half of this one (though it''s way too short anyway, but you get the idea)...but the back is your typical carpeted cat tree.

1_4779_35212.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Well, according to their FAQ they accept returns (but with a 15% fee!) and have a month warranty. I''d call and ask if it tipping or wobbling counts as a defect allowing you to return for free.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
It did wobble, but only and the top, I think you''d have to have a really big cat to bring it down. The caption for the video mentions that the base is weighted, so it depends on whether it''s the wobble or the falling-over that makes you uneasy.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Just be sure that whatever you get is made of wood and not cardboard. I can't tell you how many wobbly cardboard cat trees are on the market!

I have a shorter cat tree but it's SOLID. I bought it on ebay from a guy that makes them. I'll look and see if he's still making them. I've had it for a few years and the cats adore it. I want to get a taller one, but I'm in the same "how much cat furniture do we need" boat.

ETA: I believe the ebay seller was "catcondoheavennew". I just looked up his products now and he's selling really tall ones, but he has several different styles. and they are SOLID.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Costco is where we got ours for around 100 bucks. It''s okay (lists on other sites for 220). But will only last us this year. We had one custom built in NJ that lasted us 4 years!!! It was all quality plywood, highend carpet reminents-- no nails--dovetail and glue. Cost us 60 bucks. If you can... get one made. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results