shape
carat
color
clarity

READ THIS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about that ya'll! I am working on understanding copyright and the internet. I am going to find the link again and post it here.
34.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ummmm... whatever.

My theory: if you think it''s beautiful, it will look beautiful on you.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
This is to much! I think it depends on the individual woman.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s interesting...

I actually sometimes find that pieces I adore do not look good on me, whether it be earrings or necklaces etc. So just because you like it doesn''t mean it''s going to be stunning on you. Kind of like shopping for clothes or wedding dresses as we all know!!!

I could pull a few things out of it that make some sense aka face shape and things like earrings etc. But I wouldn''t say take it as gospel!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I took this from Parian. I found it by clicking a link someone else put up. I dont think height has much to do with things like necklace length....Nor do I think bangle braclets ought to be favored by any height group...
I just could help but wonder how they determined to but that up there. And how many mean are going to change their minds about a purchase for their wife/GF becuase of that.
Really a lot of ladies here on PS would be upset if we could onlly have stones that were thinner then our knuckles.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually they were talking about the space between your knuckle and your hand and getting rings that fit within that space. Which I highly agree about!! aka you don''t want a 10mm ring. I tried one of those filigree ones on the other day, EW! it made my hand look super short and fat. Horrible!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
There is actually some good info in that article. Basically, jewelry is like any other fashion, not everyone looks good in everything. Just because you like the look of a certain piece doesn''t mean it will look good on you. But hey, if someone wants to wear something that is less than flattering, just because they like it, that''s cool. Personally, I''d rather wear jewelry that is flattering. I don''t think that chunky jewelery or dangly jewelry looks good on me, but I think some of it''s very nice. I wear more understated and tailored jewelry most of the time. My mom, on the other hand, LOVES chunky, dangly, flashy, and big jewelry and that''s pretty much all she wears. My stuff is too "dainty" for her taste, but she compliments my jewelry all the time. I have one ring that she LOVES, and I''ve even offered to give it to her, but she always tells me "no, it looks really pretty on your hand, but it wouldn''t look good on mine. I''ll just enjoy it on you."

I love some of the blingy rings and large stones that I see some of the rest of you post, but I know a lot of it wouldn''t look as good on me as it does on you. I don''t have long elegant fingers for a start! They kind of precludes a lot of rings for not only looking nice on me, but even being comfortable on my short little fingers. I''ve often thought if I could change one thing about myself physically, I would have like to have longer more slender fingers. It would have not only been good for wearing more bling on my fingers, but I would have a MUCH easier time playing the piano and the guitar!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results